Cheery media

Squirrel

Re: Cheery media

Post by Squirrel »

I’ve got the pottery throw down recorded, I can’t wait to watch it.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

The replacement presenter is the actress who plays the headmistress in Derry Girls, and was on the Derry Girls edition of GBBO as a contestant. She was great value and very dry in that, I think I will enjoy her in the Throwdown.
Hazey_Jane

Post by Hazey_Jane »

Epponnee Rae wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:36 am I recently switched VPNs, and have discovered that not only do I have access to iPlayer again but my channel 4 app also works (it never has the whole time I’ve been here), so now I have seven years of Grand Designs to catch up on! :frolic: It’s genuinely made my week.
Epp, which VPN are you using please?
cluefree

Post by cluefree »

I absolutely LOVED Schitts Creek. I am bereft that I have no more to watch.
Roma

Post by Roma »

cluefree wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:21 pm I absolutely LOVED Schitts Creek. I am bereft that I have no more to watch.
Same here. I didn’t like it at first either, the first couple of episodes are not that great, but then it just got better and better and in the end I loved it so much.
Last edited by Roma on Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cazza

Post by Cazza »

cluefree wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:21 pm I absolutely LOVED Schitts Creek. I am bereft that I have no more to watch.
I kept putting off watching the last episode because I didn't want it to be over :(

Moira Rose and her many outfits.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

I had no idea it was the last episode when I watched it!
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
cluefree

Post by cluefree »

Same! It made me cry loads, all the time. So happy making.
Tits McGee
Topaz Titanium

Post by Tits McGee »

I love when the big judge guy on The Great Pottery Throwdown starts crying. :love:

Schitt’s Creek took me three tries to get into, which was so disappointing because I love Catherine O’Hara and Eugene Levy, but I’m really glad my sister bossed me into trying it a third time. :)) :love2:
I've got ham, but I'm not a hamster
Epponnee Rae

Post by Epponnee Rae »

Hazey_Jane wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:28 pm
Epponnee Rae wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:36 am I recently switched VPNs, and have discovered that not only do I have access to iPlayer again but my channel 4 app also works (it never has the whole time I’ve been here), so now I have seven years of Grand Designs to catch up on! :frolic: It’s genuinely made my week.
Epp, which VPN are you using please?
I’ve switched to Surfshark and it seems to be working well :touchwood: I really hope I haven’t jinxed it!

Escape to the Chateau is next. There are the odd episodes I catch on PBS here, but now I see there’s at least 4 series I’ve definitely got some catching up to do.

Schitt’s Creek is truly wonderful and I binged it over the summer. I struggled with the first couple of episodes too but after that was a full convert. I might revisit actually.
Flora Poste

Post by Flora Poste »

Junior Bake Off is this weeks post-homeschooling treat viewing.

We're probably very late to the party - but Mr P and I are loving working our way through the past seasons of Taskmaster - just ridiculous but so funny. We're on the series with Hugh Dennis and Noel Fielding now (and I've developed a bit of a crush on Noel :shame: )
Disco

Post by Disco »

Is that good then Flora? Im drawn to it because I really fancy Greg Davies.
Wiggle

Post by Wiggle »

I always want to call it The Great Pottery Smackdown.

Schitt's Creek took a bit of getting used to, it's makes me cringe at times but starting to enjoy it noe. I am a big fan of Friday Night Dinner and Emily in Paris was a nice easy watch.
Flora Poste

Post by Flora Poste »

Disco wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:58 pm Is that good then Flora? Im drawn to it because I really fancy Greg Davies.
It's brilliant. We've not watched a dud series yet.
Disco

Post by Disco »

Thanks! I think I will copy you and work my way through them.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

I tried Schitts Creek but gave up after a couple of episodes. Looks like I should try again.

Sky, I started Heartbreak High again. The acting is pretty bad. Plus I realised Drazic wasn’t in it until later seasons, and he is really the prime reason to go back for a rewatch.
Hazey_Jane

Post by Hazey_Jane »

Wasn’t Drazic supposed to be the main heartthrob after they killed off Nick? I loaded watching that show but it was a bit Hollyoaksesque.

Can I recommend Episodes, currently on Netflix? There’s a good 5 seasons worth of shows and it’s proper laugh out loud funny. I can’t stand Friends but Matt Le Blanc is fabulous in it, as is Tamsin Greig and Stephen Mangan. I watched it twice last year, it’s simply fantastic
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

That is really good!
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

Yes! Episodes is SO good.
Rosa

Post by Rosa »

Episodes is very funny!