When life is normal enough

Zoomer

Re: When life is normal enough

Post by Zoomer »

Oh yeah, I also really want to go to our offices in Aix and have work put me up in a hotel for two glorious nights all on my fucking own. That would be lovely.
Bat Macdui

Post by Bat Macdui »

I'd usually go for cottage/pod/camping over a hotel but I find myself dreaming of holidays with no meal prep or washing up. :))

Also, I would like to walk down to the library and actually browse then wander off to a coffee shop and eat cake whilst looking at my book haul. :love2:
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

That’s a good goal Bats.
Hobbes

Post by Hobbes »

I just really want to be able to see my sister and brother, plus all my nephews. I've only met my newest nephew once, and he's already 8 months now.

It would also be lovely to go out for a meal with my best friends and their families, as there's 13 of us in total, so we haven't been able to that for so long.
Last edited by Hobbes on Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wiggle

Post by Wiggle »

I'd like to be able to have any of the following
- spa day
- going for a coffee/cake and read
- a fun shopping day with friends where we can gossip and put the world to rights over a long lunch
- a cinema trip
- friends to visit for the weekend
- stay overnight at my mum's, have her to fuss over me and make lots of great food for me to take home
- rejoin the gym and attend a spin class
- singing, both in practices and concerts

So nothing really fancy, just a chance to escape the house
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

I really want to have my mum and dad to stay. And have friends over for dinner.

Then fly to the states and wave at Biden flying over DC in Airforce One before driving off on a national park road trip :love:
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

As soon as I'm allowed/it's safe I am driving up north to meet my friend's baby who was born in August, and make a fuss of her 4yo who I'm worried will have forgotten me. Other than that I am just looking forward to sitting in my sister's or my friends' houses (or them in mine) drinking tea and chatting while the children play together. And hugging. Lots of hugging.
Princess Morripov

Post by Princess Morripov »

The absolute first thing I want to do is have my brother and T up and all get together as a family. I've got it in my head that Easter will be it :fc: I haven't seen my brother for over a year now, and he's only met Biggie twice. :cry: And I just want to hug my mum and dad.

Then a holiday, and just spending LOTS OF TIME with my friends, and enjoy seeing all of our chaps play together :love2:
Luce

Post by Luce »

Oh the playground yes. I want to stand in the playground with my best friend whilst she tells me something hilarious and we make plans for the weekend. We wait for the big ones to come out - her daughter always first and my son always last. I’ll never have it again, we never got one last go, the kids are in high school now. There are so many things that I loved that I won’t get to do again.

I’m well up for holidays. It is second on my list after hanging out with friends.
Suzi.Q

Post by Suzi.Q »

I just want to sit on my friend’s sofa and have a cup of tea and a chat. It’s all I’ve wanted for months.

And go and look round the schools we’ve chosen for E, as we’ve had to choose without visiting any.
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

In no particular order -
Long lazy boozy lunches that bleed into evenings in a hotel bar drinking ridiculously expensive cocktails with good friends.
Get on a plane or train and go somewhere, anywhere.
Wander around a gallery or museum.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

I don't really want to hug anyone. :look:

I want to be inside at my mum and dad's, with my brother and sister there, and watch Topsy and Tim playing with their cousins.

And then I want to go out with my friends and sit around drinking and chatting and then go dancing.
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Bat Macdui wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:12 am

This is on my list also. :)) Though I think I'd like to go somewhere wild with R, stay somewhere that's not my house, and at the end of a glorious ten miles walking go to a tea shop and linger in front of a display of twenty billion cakes, choosing. :)) Also: walk round a National Trust or RSPB gift shop. :love2:
THIS has hit a nerve so this I think. :)) And I don't even like cake, or tea. I'll have a coffee and a sausage roll instead. Now I've made myself cry. :lol: SO DEEP.
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
purple_dress

Post by purple_dress »

First thing would be to go and stay with my parents, hug them and have them hug the kids, and then have a boozy dinner inside.

So many other things though: a spa day, a weekend away with friends, a meal in an expensive restaurant with my husband, normal shopping and trying on loads of clothes, a long boozy lunch with friends, going to the office and getting sushi for lunch, going to exhibitions without having to wear a mask and stay 2m apart. Everything, really.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Oh god now I think I’ve upset you all with what was meant to be a silly thread. :lol:

I can’t wait to want to stay in again instead of going out.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Its a lovely thread, Pip!

J will be 50 in June and I'm really hoping we can go somewhere for his birthday. He wants to go to Lisbon, but even if that's not doable, I hope we can go to a nice hotel somewhere in Scotland.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

I want to go and see my mum and spend half a day trailing round behind her while she enthusiastically visits all the shops then have tea and cake.

I want to go to Manchester with Paul and go to an art gallery and look at shops and have dinner.

I want to attend book club and the WI and village meetings actually with people rather than over Zoom. I am sick of Zoom and would like to never use it again.
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

And the first thing I will do is go swimming.
Rebel Pebble

Post by Rebel Pebble »

Go to the theatre - a proper, full theatre. :love2:

Go out drinking and eating with friends in a London that is busy and alive.

Then get on a plane somewhere. I'd be just as happy if it was for work as for pleasure, TBH.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Pippedydeadeye wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:38 am Oh god now I think I’ve upset you all with what was meant to be a silly thread. :lol:

I can’t wait to want to stay in again instead of going out.
:)) I am not crying in a bad way. Also, I cried at a sad pigeon earlier, it's not hard.

I cannot wait for Mr G to go back to work so I get my office back. He's not even annoying me, I just want my room with all my things in it. Also, it's like having a teenager's bedroom, it's his job to clean it now but I am dying to get in there and open the windows and scrub everything to my satisfaction.
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents