It's the little things you miss...

lazzbo

Re: It's the little things you miss...

Post by lazzbo »

I miss picking up great/random purchases in charity shops. My favourite chain of local charity shops had a warehouse sale back in June or July last summer and my ma and I could NOT have been more thrilled to go.

I miss not knowing what I might get up to on a weekend. I know exactly what I'll be doing every Saturday and Sunday these days. I've done an online pub quiz with a mixture of friends and family every Sunday evening since week 1 of lockdown 1. :))
Leap
Glitz 'n' Glam

Post by Leap »

I miss the things I didn’t get to do, as this time last year I couldn’t leave Hop for more than 3 hours, and those opportunities were both rare and very stressful. There’s things that have only occurred to me reading this thread, like I could go out in the evening and not be back by a certain time - in fact C and I could arrange a babysitter and actually go out together! Miraculous thought.

I’ve also become terrible with birthdays in the last year because I used to do a fair bit of pottering and picking things up (including ideas) as I went along, and then being near a post office and keeping things like parcel tape at work so I was always organised for posting things, and probably saw another few things for someone else on my way there. Everything takes so much planning now; I miss accidental discoveries.
smalex

Post by smalex »

Oh, just popping into a shop for no particular reason and stumbling upon the perfect dress. In the sale. :love:

I know what I really miss. Going in the proper entrances of places :mog: Last summer when things opened up everyone seemed to think going in the side entrance by the bins gave magical covid defeating powers. I want to enjoy a building the way the designer intended :wanker:
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

smalex wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:16 pm Oh, just popping into a shop for no particular reason and stumbling upon the perfect dress. In the sale. :love:

I know what I really miss. Going in the proper entrances of places :mog: Last summer when things opened up everyone seemed to think going in the side entrance by the bins gave magical covid defeating powers. I want to enjoy a building the way the designer intended :wanker:
Yes, we had to lurk around the side of the dentist and go in via the bins!
Malan
smalex

Post by smalex »

Occasionally I could see why, but most the time it genuinely seemed like it was For The Sake Of Being Seen To Do Something.
Hazey_Jane

Post by Hazey_Jane »

I had the day off today and went over to a big supermarket which has a big(ish) selection of international foods. There’s a kind of a food court outside it and I would have loved to have sat at one of them and eat in peace and quiet (instead of eating a kebab while sat on a wall next to a main road which is what I actually did)
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

Oh, I've thought of another one. I miss dating. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea but I was having a whale of time and wasn't ready to settle down when Covid hit. Chap is lovely and everything, and has been a great saviour of my sanity by being my weekend bubble-buddy, but I'm not really ready for pipe and slippers yet.
Zoomer

Post by Zoomer »

Hazey_Jane wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:38 pm I had the day off today and went over to a big supermarket which has a big(ish) selection of international foods. There’s a kind of a food court outside it and I would have loved to have sat at one of them and eat in peace and quiet (instead of eating a kebab while sat on a wall next to a main road which is what I actually did)
I'd happily eat a kebab while sitting on a wall, atm. :lol: I miss eating food that someone else has made!
Leap
Glitz 'n' Glam

Post by Leap »

Derek Nimmo wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:54 pm Oh, I've thought of another one. I miss dating. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea but I was having a whale of time and wasn't ready to settle down when Covid hit. Chap is lovely and everything, and has been a great saviour of my sanity by being my weekend bubble-buddy, but I'm not really ready for pipe and slippers yet.
:mrgreen: What form did the dating take, was it meet-for-coffee or busy bars or restaurants? I would like to imagine, I bet you do it so well.

In a very different way and one I didn’t want to include as it doesn’t apply to me, but on behalf of the youth of the nation :lol: I miss proper going out-out. You couldn’t pay me to do it now, but spotting your friends have a table in a rammed pub, or running to the dance floor in a club when the right song comes on was truly the best thing in the world at a certain point in my life, and my heart breaks a bit for the people at that stage right now and starved of it.
smalex

Post by smalex »

Thats a massive thing, Del. As much as I feel as hard done by as anyone else, I have to admit that at least 75% of the time I'd probably be at home watching the telly with S and W anyway :lol:

I feel so sad for teens and 20s too Leap for those same reasons. Those times in your life when all that was happening and were fun are actually really short, just a few years really I'd guess for most people. It must feel like purgatory.
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

I miss going to the cinema.

Also, despite the fact I never go out and don't drink that often, I am desperate to go out and get properly cunty-drunk and fall off my heels running for the last train. I want to wear too much make-up and jeans-and-a-top. I am 46.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I’ve been loving everyone asking on social media what we’re all wearing for our first night out. Jeans & a nice top makes me so nostalgic. :love:
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

smalex wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:16 pm Oh, just popping into a shop for no particular reason and stumbling upon the perfect dress. In the sale. :love:

I was in a shopping centre today, to get to the M&S foodhall and they still had all the signage sending people on a one way route. I must admit, I like that approach if the building allows - this centre is huge and could easily have designated entrances and exits, without anyone having to pass bins.

I really want to go out drinking too, despite the fact that I rarely actually did it, pre Covid :lol:
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Jeans and a top :love:.
smalex

Post by smalex »

Are we all going out in 2002? If so, I'm IN. :mrgreen: I'd also like to go out and get embarrassingly smashed.

Totally Sal, THAT makes sense.
Zoomer

Post by Zoomer »

smalex wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:23 pm Are we all going out in 2002? If so, I'm IN. :mrgreen: I'd also like to go out and get embarrassingly smashed.
Can we go to a restaurant first, and then get smashed? I fear bad things would happen if we all went out-out without eating. :granny:
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

Leap wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:45 pm spotting your friends have a table in a rammed pub, or running to the dance floor in a club when the right song comes on was truly the best thing in the world at a certain point in my life, and my heart breaks a bit for the people at that stage right now and starved of it.
There are women on my course who are about to turn 19 and were recently lamenting the fact they will never have been to a club aged 18 :cry:
Zoomer

Post by Zoomer »

God, you know what? We should do a meet when all this is over. I missed the Manchester one, but I would definitely do a new one.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

smalex wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:23 pm Are we all going out in 2002? If so, I'm IN. :mrgreen: I'd also like to go out and get embarrassingly smashed.

Totally Sal, THAT makes sense.
I think I probably went out in 2002, yes. Maybe more than once.
Sky

Post by Sky »

Loralei wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:49 pm
Leap wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:45 pm spotting your friends have a table in a rammed pub, or running to the dance floor in a club when the right song comes on was truly the best thing in the world at a certain point in my life, and my heart breaks a bit for the people at that stage right now and starved of it.
There are women on my course who are about to turn 19 and were recently lamenting the fact they will never have been to a club aged 18 :cry:
Oh that's made me really sad! I don't remember my first alcoholic drink but I do remember my first legal pint on my 18th birthday bought by the idiot I thought I was in love with while sat in a flat-roofed scheme pub in Knightswood.

*THe pub mightve been under some flats, I can't remember exactly, but you know the kind of local place I mean.
nineseven wrote:What's the point in being slim if you have to stay indoors all the time, leaking from your anus?
http://www.justgiving.com/Pamela-Ward" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;