Thursday is Here.

Turtle Bean

Re: Thursday is Here.

Post by Turtle Bean »

I agree with Bramble re. sauce. Although in practice I don't often have any sauce with a bacon sandwich.
Bat Macdui

Post by Bat Macdui »

The optimum breakfast sandwich is sausage, egg and brown sauce. :yes:

I have considered all your views on teal/purple and am happy going back to INDECISIVE. :)) Thank you for your contributions.
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

I strongly disagree with any sauce and egg combinations.
Ismee

Post by Ismee »

Tabitha wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:27 am
Ismee wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:14 am How long till you get your bathroom back, Tabs? Ours went wrong when we had it done and we didn't have access to a shower for days and days. It was really hot so we were all sweaty and had to shower at neighbours and friends houses. It was horrible.
Eek, how awful. We were told before it began that work would take 4 days, but we shall see! It’s at that stage where they’re doing all the behind the scenes stuff, so each evening it just looks messier than the day before.
:fc: it will be done soon.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Turtle Bean wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:56 am I strongly disagree with any sauce and egg combinations.
I agree. See also baked beans with egg (not in a sandwich).
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

God yes. Ugh.
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

I mean I can eat beans with a fried breakfast but they have to go in a little dish.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

I can cope if they are on the other side of the plate with a sausage barrier.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Morning! This thread is upsetting as I can’t bear baked beans, ketchup, brown sauce, teal or purple :lol:

I think it’s slightly warmer today and my firepit is being delivered later, even sooner than I expected. I need to find some wood! Hopefully I’ll find somewhere after work.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I’ll be looking for wood later too :weewee: and buying those flame colour changing things.
smalex

Post by smalex »

emma_p wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:08 am I need to find some wood! Hopefully I’ll find somewhere after work.
This makes me imagine you foraging for sticks in a woodland after work which I find funnier than I should :lol:

I like baked beans, sauce with a runny egg (runny egg in a sandwich utterly disgusts my husband so I like to taunt him with it). I really dislike ketchup though. I'm going to disgust you all and tell you I like BBQ sauce.
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

Ismee wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:14 am I don't usually put any sauce on my bacon sandwich but if I do it's ketchup. Also ketchup on a sausage sandwich, never brown sauce on anything.
Ismee is correct, as is Sally :yes:

I nearly fainted a little while ago, while checking someone's incredibly bruised perineal stitches. (If that made you clench, you're welcome :mrgreen: )
Ismee

Post by Ismee »

Oh God. :panic: I'm glad I had finished my doughnut* before I read that. :)) It did also make me clench. I remember that pain very well.

*My Sister sent a Wenzels delivery to me and TBL - doughnuts, coffee and hot chocolate. :love:
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

Is the teal vs purple debate for hair :beg:
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

I remember it well too, Is :cry: Do midwives here recommend squeezy bottles filled with water for post natal loo trips? I was so grateful for that in the US!

I was thinking more of a garden centre, smal :)) But I have missed a trick as G and his friend are at forest camp this week so I should have asked them to collect twigs.
Ismee

Post by Ismee »

Yes I did that too Emma, think my friend told me about it rather than the midwife though. Also it was here that recommended the tea tree oil in the bath to help healing - it really made a difference.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

ParisGal wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:26 am Is the teal vs purple debate for hair :beg:
Only if Bats is deciding to be a TRA/Incel type, surely :look:?
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

Ruby wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:04 am Teal. And I'm pretty disgusted about ketchup being anywhere near bacon.
You’re so wrong. Doorstep white bread slices, well cooked bacon and ketchup. Butter too for extra filth.

We have done a wholesome bike ride and now the boys are maxing out screen time.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

I’m firmly in favour of runny egg sandwiches. Egg is also the only breakfast item with which I will permit/prefer ketchup.

(I too like BBQ sauce smalex, but not in a breakfast scenario. For me that needs to go with something like corned beef hash, or sweet potato fries).

I am back from walking round the Downs with my friend then we did a leaflet drop for her new hypnotherapy practice in an adjoining neighbourhood, my steps are looking much more healthy today. I am contemplating a piece of the lemon and pistachio courgette cake I made last night, it’s looking tasty. Today is all about the food.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Teal, never purple as I don't like it at all. Usually ketchup on either, but occasionally I'll have HP sauce for a change. Hope that clears everything up :teacher:

Morning (what's left of it). I have shredded, done laundry and now I have a day of writing press releases about booze. Goat's landscape man might be popping over later to take a look at my front garden :flirt: