Thursday is Here.

Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Re: Thursday is Here.

Post by Kenickie »

I love purple. Purple everything I say.

I quite like sausage and/ or bacon sarnies plain, but I do occasionally like a bit of ketchup.

I have to have a very awkward meeting with a student later about a disciplinary issue which I'm really not looking forward to. Maybe my internet might have to cut out if it gets too tense. :lol:
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Luce

Post by Luce »

BBQ sauce is my go-to as well, Smal! :dotty: Although absolutely no sauce of any kind of sandwiches please. If someone put ketchup in my bacon sandwich then eating it would be absolutely out of the equation.

Ken, that made me laugh. T jokes that if I’m ever in any kind of awkward situation then my feet will just take my body away like I have no control over it. My internet would absolutely go down, in a heart-beat.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

:lol: My internet survived it, although there was one moment where the student made a really rude, patronising remark to me and my boss did such a face of outrage at it that I had to try not to laugh.
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

I can't control my face so any sort of video discipline would be a nightmare for me. :lol:

I am just back from the Chinese supermarket and I've bought all sorts of shit for the freezer. I've also changed out of my jeans because my tolerance for them has completely disappeared during this pandemic. Later I am going to do a mud mask. :lol:
smalex

Post by smalex »

Did you buy a sheep's uterus? Last time I went to the chinese supermarket they had those.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

A mud mask :love: I used those a lot in the 90s.

I'm wearing jeans right now like some kind of masochist.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

I've actually got my jeans on because I think I'm going to go back out :cry:. I bought some kiln dried logs on my way to pick G and his friend from forest camp but now I'm googling "how to light a fire pit" like some kind of hopeless millennial and I think I need kindling.
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

emmap! I am wearing grey leopard print joggers. :mog: Partner refuses to be seen with me when I am wearing them so I had to wear jeans to go out.

The mud mask is an attempt to interest the SAM in skincare. I predict it will go very badly.
smalex wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:55 pm Did you buy a sheep's uterus? Last time I went to the chinese supermarket they had those.
:lol: Oh my god. I tried to interest N in some dried fish but he was alarmed. We just bought a lot of freezer dumplings. I didn't need anything at all, we just went for a trip out. :))
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Oh god, I used a tiny bit of Squeak’s spot cream last night and now my face is on fire. I look dreadful.
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

I did a mud mask yesterday :)) <--- literally what I looked like, but it started to get a bit painful as it dried :lol:
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

emma_p wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:02 pm I've actually got my jeans on because I think I'm going to go back out :cry:. I bought some kiln dried logs on my way to pick G and his friend from forest camp but now I'm googling "how to light a fire pit" like some kind of hopeless millennial and I think I need kindling.
You do. Or firelighters :pyromaniac:

ETA Also, have you put sand in the bottom of your pit? Makes it easier to clean out plus less likely to tip.
smalex

Post by smalex »

Yep. Definitely need kindling. Those straw lighters are quite good.
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

Can you not use tightly rolled newspapers?
Malan
smalex

Post by smalex »

I always think newspaper would be useful and then remember we don't get any anymore
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

No newspapers here either. I could only find wood wool firefighters. I am so excited! 🔥
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

You can use the fluff from your tumble dryer filter as kindling :girlscout:
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

Loralei wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:13 pm You can use the fluff from your tumble dryer filter as kindling :girlscout:
I was going to suggest the dust and crap from the hoover bag :))
Malan
Ismee

Post by Ismee »

Mr Is uses fluff from the tumble dryer as kindling, Lora!

I wore jeans recently and they were so uncomfortable due to the excess weight I have put on. It was awful.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

“Hard pants” :cry:.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

I've successfully made my first fire. Thanks pals! :weewee:

S was all "we can't test it out until the weekend" but he's still on calls so :bird: