No jump Saturday

smalex

No jump Saturday

Post by smalex »

S was supposed to do a sky dive today (very delayed 40th birthday experience) so the alarm went at 5am :cry: and then he had a text at 10 past saying (unsurprisingly) that the weather wasn't suitable. I did manage to get back to sleep though, I feel like I've had a lovely lie in even though I woke up again at 6.30 :mrgreen:

So now the day is our own. I think we're are going to look for new bedroom furniture :perky:

Et vous?
Princess Morripov

Re: No jump Saturday

Post by Princess Morripov »

Oh that’s disappointing, Smal. Reminds me of years ago when my friend had a hot air balloon ride booked and I think it took 18 months to happen as every time she scheduled it the weather wasn’t in her favour.

I have been up since 4am :ruby: as I keep getting cramps in my feet and legs. I have just had a delicious bacon butty though and my friend is having a birthday party later for her son, and she is having an ice cream van come to the house :ready:

I suspect we will be very soggy though, it’s a superhero theme so Tupac is going as the Hulk and I forgot about Biggie :look: and the only fancy dress outfit in his size that I have is a bumblebee one, so he’ll have to wear that, poor neglected second child :lol:
smalex

Post by smalex »

Oh no :lol: hes already waited 18 months because of covid. Maybe he might do it by his 50th...

An ice cream van :love: my friend did that for her son a few weeks ago, it was really fun (although the sun was out!)
baargain
The Baarometer of Style

Post by baargain »

Superbee!

I'm off to Cambridge to go shopping with actual friends. In shops! Real ones! My mate hasn't bought any clothes for herself since before her 2 year old was born, so another friend and I are taking over and spending all her money.
Heebie Jeebie

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

Aww, tiny humans dressed as bumblebees is one of my favourite things ever :love:

I've had a great sleep and am drinking gallons of tea before heading to town to return some bits and pieces. I wonder if Primark will have ridiculous queues if I go early :puzz:
Epponnee Rae

Post by Epponnee Rae »

Hello lads! Thank goodness for the weekend.

I’ve been Out Out again this evening. The opera here put on a recital in the parking garage across the street from the opera house. It was their first in person event since lockdown started last year and the first live performance I’ve seen since then, too. It was weird but brilliant too. Then my friend and I went for cocktails and dirty bar food and gossiped and it was great. A nightcap then bad for me. :yawn:
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

That sounds lovely, Epp. I am enjoying the juxtaposition of the opera and the car park :))
Heebie Jeebie wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 7:33 am I wonder if Primark will have ridiculous queues if I go early :puzz:
I took Betty a couple of weeks ago and recommend getting there for opening. Although the queue was round the block we all got in as soon as they opened.

Morning. I have been woken by J who needed a mask for work and was bemused that leaving them festering in a pile in his room hasn't led to them arriving, clean and fresh, in the drawer.

What a shame about the skydive, Smal. I think BroPo also had a balloon ride that took about two years to happen.
Ismee

Post by Ismee »

Good morning

My Mil had a similar experience with a hot air balloon ride. It took ages to happen.

Isn't there a superhero sort of thing called Bumble Bee? A transformer? Pretend that is who Biggie is.

I am up with TBL. I really want tea but will have to have it in a flask which isn't the same so I'm trying to hold on until someone else gets up.

It was my Mum's birthday yesterday so we are going round to see her. I am breaking the rules and going into her house as she has a walk in shower with a chair etc so I am going to use that instead of the palava of the bench on the bath we have here.
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

I think that's entirely justified, Is! Can TBL not transport a cup of tea that you make? I am sad for your tealessness (although I am in a similar position; mine is just due to laziness. )
Ismee

Post by Ismee »

Yeah he probably could, he easily carries hot chocolate around. I forget that he isn't 4 sometimes. :))
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Morning!

I don’t think that’s even a little bit naughty, Is. It’s a very good reason to go in.

I’m in bed still. My new pillow was amazing last night. Chunk has gone to football and there’s another hour before we need to think about athletics.
Hazey_Jane

Post by Hazey_Jane »

Enjoy your shower Is.

Morning. It is very grey here and set to rain all afternoon. So I am heading out this morning to pick up a parcel and do a run to the supermarket. I will most likely bumble around my flat and then my friend is coming over this evening after her girls are in bed as the curfew stopped on Tuesday this week :frolic:
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

I hope you can get some tea soon, Is!

That's rubbish for S. I hope he gets to do it soon.

Today is my vaccination day. :disco:
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
speedy gonzalez

Post by speedy gonzalez »

Hope you get your cup of tea soon Is.
I'm waiting in my mattress- again. Then once Mr Speedy is home from taking his mum shopping I'm being released to go and wash my mum's hair.
What pillow have you got Pip?
Ismee

Post by Ismee »

Mr Is is up so tea is on the way!

Happy vaccination day, Ken. I hope you don't feel ill afterwards.
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

I am also interested in Pip’s pillow.

I hope you get some tea soon, Is. And enjoy your shower!

I am getting my hair cut today :disco: I’m up for a change so anything could happen.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

It’s a skeobumple from IKEA.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Actually, it’s called KLUBBESPORE. https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/klubbsporr ... -40446099/

I never ever want to jump out of a plane, just in case anyone needs that information. I do use it as an example when I teach research methodologies though.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Do you just put a normal pillowcase on it, Pip?

S got up really early and bought pastries so that's a good start to the weekend. The rest of the weekend is sorting the house out but it looks like drizzly grey weekend so we won't be missing out on anything :))
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Yeah, it fits inside a normal pillowcase.