Sunny Wednesday

Texaco Shirley

Sunny Wednesday

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Are we doing Wednesday or was Tuesday too much for everyone?

It’s nice and sunny here which means work can resume on the fence. My day will mostly consist of work and sorting out hiking kit for the trek this weekend (after which I can stop spamming social media wi5 sponsorship requests, apologies to anyone who’s sick of me).
Cerise

Re: Sunny Wednesday

Post by Cerise »

I’m doing Wednesday! I turned down working today because I didn’t want to. I don’t have exciting plans but there’s so much to do in the house that I thought I should focus here. Tonight I have Week 2 of my tap dancing course.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

Mornin', Tex! *taps brim of cowboy hat*

I've been and fetched a grocery order from Tesco and I'm setting down to work with a coffee. Work is a bit frustrating at the moment - I keep on identifying requirements that people haven't told us we needed in our project build, yet users miraculously expected that we would psychically know that we needed to deliver. Meanwhile the clock is ticking... same old, same old, I suppose.

I have a yoga class at lunchtime which will hopefully zen me out a bit, and I'm praying that my joints have loosened up today, as either Monday's flu jab or gym classes (or a combination of both) seemed to cause me to seize up like a rusty gate yesterday. I also have my first drumming class of term tonight, which I've been looking forwards to.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

I keep meaning to ask if you know my friend. She does drumming in Bristol (or at least used to, I don’t know if she’s still doing it). I will PM.
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

H1ppychick wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:26 am I also have my first drumming class of term tonight, which I've been looking forwards to.
My son is having a taster drumming session tomorrow! I hope yours goes well. What’s the format? G’s is that for the first half of the session they learn a song in separate groups; drums, vocals, guitar and keyboards, then they all get together and play the song as a band for the second half of the session. They do a new song every 1-2 weeks. I really hope he likes it :fc: and I hope yours goes well, drumming seems like such a cool thing to do :)).
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Oh and good morning everyone :)). I’ve been for a lovely long dog walk by the river, making the most of it before it gets too boggy to walk down there.

After boring household tasks I’m going to make slaw and possibly a beetroot & feta thing as well, to take to a friend’s house for lunch. She’s cooking frittata even though she doesn’t like eggs. Is it just me or is it weird to cook something for other people that you won’t eat yourself?! She has form for this, I think it’s really odd.
baargain
The Baarometer of Style

Post by baargain »

That is weird, squiz.

I am going to walk up a hill.
Glint

Post by Glint »

Morning, the morning mist has lifted so I've got a load in the machine which will be ready to go out later.

I'll meander over to mum's shortly, and therein is my day.

Cooking something you don't like is weird.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

Hi Squirrel

My drumming group is a samba drumming group. So it's just drums plus associated percussion (agogo bells, shakers, tamborims) - it's the sort of drumming group you see at carnivals etc. I've been learning the Brazilian version of the snare drum (called the caixa) in the group I'm going to tonight.

I have been tempted by learning more traditional rock /pop drumming with multiple drums, but I don't think my neighbours would enjoy that. There is someone offering lessons quite close to me in the local free paper, so who knows, watch this space!
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

In a further update from me, one of my neighbours has had a wood chipper (or something that makes the same sort of noise) going all morning, they were doing the same thing most of the weekend, and on and off the first couple of days this week. It's bloody annoying.
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

That sounds amazing! The samba drumming, not the bloody wood chipper.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Afternoon.

It’s sunny here now after a grey start to the day. I’ve just been having a little poke in the garden & assessing which of my plants are doing well. C sent me a text yesterday saying the grass was looking much greener and must’ve needed the rain, which I took to be a joke but then did wonder if he meant it.

I’ve also had a jolly old time playing on teams this morning and trying to work out if a colleague is making a cry for help via Twitter. Turns out he’s just making a “hang loose” sign. 🤙
Skips

Post by Skips »

Good afternoon, two of my colleagues have been bickering this morning so there is an atmosphere in the office. We're really busy so I think tensions are running high.

Still, it's our (mine and j, not office) 3rd wedding anniversary today so we're going out for dinner in Gloucester tonight.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Happy anniversary Skips.

I have had a busy morning with work, and I have also managed to buy a car :look: We test drove it at the weekend so it was really just confirming that we wanted it so it was all done over the phone.

I've just been for a walk, and now I'm eating lunch before I go to meet one of my team for a coffee.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Glint

Post by Glint »

Happy Anniversary Skips.

Happy new car, Sal.

Its turned out a much nicer day than I expected, even a touch warm with the sun.
Little My

Post by Little My »

What car did you get, Sal?

My weather has improved today too. The tornado never appeared, just a bit of a thunderstorm last night.

The drumming group does sound fun. I realized, catching up with a friend the other week, that I have no activities since covid.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

We got another Audi A1, I really like my current one but it's 8 years old now so if I wanted to use it as a trade in, it was best to do it now. The new one is 2 years old and only has 5k miles plus its a newer style and looks quite flash :))
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Little My

Post by Little My »

Nice. I love my Audi too. :))
Chicky

Post by Chicky »

Sounds good Sal. I like new cars :love:

I am having a frustrating day thanks to doing work on two things that are now being done elsewhere so I feel like I’ve wasted an awful lot of time. Plus I was meant to have a meeting with someone and they didn’t show. I have booked my flu jab though which is useful.
Toast
Delboy

Post by Toast »

Can anyone have a flu jab? I could Google, I know.

Happy new car, Sal!

I just had a sneaky lunch after dropping the dog at daycare and had a really good steak sandwich while sitting in a pub garden. It’s been ages since I did that and it was so nice.