Wordle

Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Wordle

Post by Kenickie »

Thank you to whoever mentioned this a couple of days ago, I'm really enjoying it.

What tactics do people use? Do you have a set first word you always start with? I have been using beans so far. And do you then have a totally different word with all new letters next or start trying to guess the word?

I just introduced P to it and he started with his own name, the narcissist. :lol:
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Kleio

Re: Wordle

Post by Kleio »

I’m also loving it.

So far I’m starting with Heart but I’m sure there must be a better start word. If that doesn’t show up any definite vowels I try to concentrate on them next. I don’t have a defined second word as it depends what is grey/green from heart.
Rebel Pebble

Post by Rebel Pebble »

Heart is good.I've used various words with E T R in because they're so common. Always E.

I love it.

Any guesses after that are varied according to what it says. I really struggled today once I hit S blank E blank E because I was fixated on the second letter being a consonant.
Last edited by Rebel Pebble on Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

What is it? I see people mentioning it on Twitter but I am too.lazy to Google :lol:
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Rebel Pebble

Post by Rebel Pebble »

sally maclennane wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:10 pm What is it? I see people mentioning it on Twitter but I am too.lazy to Google :lol:
Guess the word in up to six goes. It explains it. Just Google and have a go and don't read my last post. :lol:
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

I like this too. I like to start with different words for no particular reason. My only tactic is to try and use words with commonly occurring letters to start with. Then a couple of times I’ve purposefully used a wrong guess just to flush out or try a particular letter.

So far I’ve had mostly fours and fives, (one was a five because I made a stupid mistake that I was cross about) and one three that made me very happy yesterday :dotty:.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

Took me 5 today, that is a tougher one.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

If there are doubles of any letters that’s a bit of a bugger and throws me out.
Rebel Pebble

Post by Rebel Pebble »

H1ppychick wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:15 pm Took me 5 today, that is a tougher one.
I found it hard today too.
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

I’ve just done today’s in five and it felt like quite a poor attempt :lol:. I kept getting the middle letter until finally twigged.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

I took 4 today. I always start with irate which was a suggestion on one of the links I read describing the game.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

I did it in five today, I've not done it in less yet. Double letters keep catching me out. The other day I was entering every combination I could think of using the non greyed letters and it kept telling me none were words and I was like 'I know but there are no other options' until I caught on to the double letter.

Today I think I didn't realise that's how the word is spelled. :look: :lol:
Rosa

Post by Rosa »

Squirrel wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:13 pm I like this too. I like to start with different words for no particular reason.
Me too, with whatever word pops into my head. I did today's in four, but had some lucky guesses.
Rebel Pebble

Post by Rebel Pebble »

Texaco Shirley wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:20 pm I took 4 today. I always start with irate which was a suggestion on one of the links I read describing the game.
That's a good one too.
Rebel Pebble

Post by Rebel Pebble »

The first time I did it it was rebus and I was like WHAT? That's a bloody detective. I did not know it was a word
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

Rebel Pebble wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:27 pm The first time I did it it was rebus and I was like WHAT? That's a bloody detective. I did not know it was a word
Same! :lol:

I always start with ‘pause’ because of all the vowels.

It took me five goes today and I was starting to sweat.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

Oh pause is a good one, three vowels and an s.
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Ha! I had the same thought about rebus. I tried debus first, as in, to get off a bus. Rebus… to get back on the bus?! 🤪
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

R and t are probably used more than p and s I’d think. I’m going to try irate tomorrow.

I wish you could do previous ones.