Wednesday Waffle

ParisGal

Re: Wednesday Waffle

Post by ParisGal »

Pippedydeadeye wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:29 am
ParisGal wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:04 am
Pippedydeadeye wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:58 am I love a pub quiz. I got banned from one during lockdown.
:lol: How!?
We were an inter generational team, and had a separate WhatsApp call at the same time as the quiz on zoom. We kept winning and mutterings were heard that we were cheating. Which we weren’t, we just had a brilliant breadth of trivia knowledge. Fuck ‘em, I was only trying to help keep things going. :))
They're just jealous!

We went a couple of times to a quiz started by our "local", but they're not as popular over here, and while teams were allowed to be up to 6, and we were 5, most of the other teams were even smaller, so it was a bit embarrasing to win twice :lol: Plus I had advantage for some questions as a Brit, and was the only non-originally-local person there.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

I still recall fondly a pub quiz that was run in-resort by the ski reps of one of my first ski holidays. We'd gone cheap-ish with Crystal and they ran a pub quiz evening for all the holidaymakers. Our team won the thing outright and they said it was the first time anyone had ever got 10/10 on the anagram round (I basically sat down with a friend who used to do the crossword in the office with me and we blitzed the lot).

We won a heli trip to another resort for a day's skiing :)

In other news, I've had to break out my lunch a bit early as I'm a bit hungry and I'm going out to meet my friend for a coffee at 1ish. It is a serrano ham, cheddar and red pepper houmous sandwich from the same very worthy cafe as my breakfast. The ham is tasty but because it's a cured meat it's not very biteable and therefore not an ideal sandwich component.
rosy

Post by rosy »

Afternoon. I’ve been trying to set up a new printer for what feels like years (but was probably only an hour or so). I think it’s done now.

Good luck, Del.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Little My

Post by Little My »

G'day!

I have all_the_snow here, just in case anyone was wondering. We all had to get up at stupid o'clock for R's hospital appointment. We got a last-minute cancellation for a headache clinic that she would be otherwise waiting many months on. But otherwise I may have swerved school entirely, because pick-up time sounds very dicey with blizzards.

I'm intrigued by these cupcakes. :))
FiveO'Clock

Post by FiveO'Clock »

Stay safe, LM

It's cold and slippery out here too, my bottom half is wrapped up like a burrito.

Congrats and good luck, Del!
Lola

Post by Lola »

Hello. I have the day off work so I have watched some tv, been to Bluewater to return a jumper to M&S, had a wander round & found a shop called Crep, which really made me chuckle. They sell trainers, crep trainers for very posh people :lol: I've put a stew in the slow cooker and bought a health grill online so I think I've done enough for today :shoe:

I noticed quite a few empty shop units in Bluewater which is a bit depressing really.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Hola, I've been out and about today, in my office and then out to a school. This week is really busy and a bit stressful so I'm just holding on till the weekend. I'm home now for the last few hours of work and I'm drinking tea, and eating the last bit of a chocolate orange.

We need to pop round to my mum's later with the emergency chairs that she gave us at Christmas. Better late than never :lol:
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Epponnee Rae

Post by Epponnee Rae »

Creps is just another street word for trainers. Often refers to sought after and/or expensive styles though in usage.

I hope you’re all managing to keep warm. All the snow and ice sounds very trying. I need to get up and join my French class. I am debating going into the office afterward. Seems a bit pointless as I need to leave mid-afternoon, but I’ve not hein in yet this week :look: I’ve a lovely meeting-free day so there’s no need really, but I suppose I could get lunch.

I’m am going to start my Sundance festival viewings this evening and want to make sure I am fully prepared with snacks :weewee:
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

I'd never heard of trainers being called creps :granny:

I've had a busy day and have been up to Hatton Garden to get some pieces made for a photoshoot and did some location scouting so I now have options for clear sunny and regular grey London weather which I feel will be necessary. I popped in a COS on the way back to work and bought a gorgeous cardigan for spring and then on the way to pick Liv up from her dance lesson saw the perfect anniversary gift for S next week. I couldn't hide it though so he's got it a week early which is just as well as our plans for the day have been disrupted by the teacher strike.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Epponnee Rae wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:22 pm I’m am going to start my Sundance festival viewings this evening and want to make sure I am fully prepared with snacks :weewee:
Oooh tell us the films and the snacks please, Epp! :weewee:
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

emma_p wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:33 pm saw the perfect anniversary gift for S next week. I couldn't hide it though so he's got it a week early which is just as well as our plans for the day have been disrupted by the teacher strike.
Is it a pony?

:digs:
Malan
Little My

Post by Little My »

I think it's a teacher. :teacher:
Disco

Post by Disco »

Your job sounds brilliant, I always think, Emma.

I only know creps are trainers because of Monk's employment at a well known overpriced sport's shop.

I've made a fire - mainly for rmy new ipad that wouldn't charge because it was so cold in the house :eek: - and I decided to open wine. Monk and I have been out shopping today so had a late cup of tea and cake break so I haven't prepared dinner yet. It will be swiss chard, lentil gratin with chicken milanese. :ready:
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

Disco wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:39 pm Your job sounds brilliant, I always think, Emma.

I only know creps are trainers because of Monk's employment at a well known overpriced sport's shop.

I've made a fire - mainly for rmy new ipad that wouldn't charge because it was so cold in the house :eek: - and I decided to open wine. Monk and I have been out shopping today so had a late cup of tea and cake break so I haven't prepared dinner yet. It will be swiss chard, lentil gratin with chicken milanese. :ready:
Oh Disco! That sounds freezing. I've given up even using my front room at the moment as it's much warmer in my room. I work upstairs then after work make food and head to my bedroom to lounge around and eat. This was me working today
IMG-20230125-WA0012~2.jpeg
And then I got bored and changed my work profile photo
IMG-20230125-WA0014~2.jpeg
Malan
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

I am making swiss chard and lentil gratin right now, Dics! :dotty: We're having it with rosemary garlic bread and salad though. I've not made it for a while so I'm looking forward to it. It'll be a while before I can eat it though as S has taken G to his parents evening which doesn't finish until 7:30. I might join you in opening a bottle of wine to stave off hunger!

I do love my job - it was literally just meant to be helping a friend pack necklaces for a couple of weeks over Christmas in 2019!
Disco

Post by Disco »

You look great though Marth! I need warmer apparel like jumpers and cardies to layer. I'm dressed in jeans and striped jumper with a t-shirt underneath plus my hip length dressing gown plus my full length towelling dressing gown and a scarf. I am shaped like a barrel in all this night time attire.

My sitting room is the warmest room. My bedroom had ice on the inside of the window the other week when it was pure freeze-balls. Chilblains in full itchy effect. I am warm with my fire now though and my ipad is at 100% :))
emma_p wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:54 pm I am making swiss chard and lentil gratin right now, Dics! :dotty: We're having it with rosemary garlic bread and salad though. I've not made it for a while so I'm looking forward to it. It'll be a while before I can eat it though as S has taken G to his parents evening which doesn't finish until 7:30. I might join you in opening a bottle of wine to stave off hunger!

I do love my job - it was literally just meant to be helping a friend pack necklaces for a couple of weeks over Christmas in 2019!
:dotty: Thank you so much for introducing me to its deliciousness. I was considering rosemary & garlic focaccia (in freezer) to have with it! Monk felt the need for a meat main with it though. He's lost loads of weight recently so I'm filling him up with food where possible.

What a great match. It always sounds brilliant to me.
Epponnee Rae

Post by Epponnee Rae »

emma_p wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:33 pm
Epponnee Rae wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:22 pm I’m am going to start my Sundance festival viewings this evening and want to make sure I am fully prepared with snacks :weewee:
Oooh tell us the films and the snacks please, Epp! :weewee:
Well. For films, I have selected four from what is available online: L’Immensita, The Eight Mountains, Other People’s Children, and Bad Behaviour. I haven’t decided which one to start with yet. I’ve also bought a screening for one of the prize winners over the weekend, so that will be a surprise once the results are announced.

For snacks I haven’t got much further than wanting fresh popcorn :lol: Pls inspire me! I might see if I can find some imported maltesers, should have brought some back! This will be after a dinner of Chinese leftovers, so I will already have had dumplings, spring rolls, rice and noodles :carbs:

I will need viewing food for another 4 days though. One of them will obvs be pizza. Maybe this should be a thread :))

ETA show us the cardi! (Please :polite: )
Lola

Post by Lola »

Looking good, Marth. I was wearing 4 layers the other day :))

That’s interesting about creps. Clearly I’m not down with the kids. And nobody understands my crep joke :)
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

I can’t work out the correct thread anymore so will just post the cardi here! It is the most beautiful weight. It feels amazing on.
2A13B498-BEB6-44BF-B779-6F1A82753ED9.jpeg
For snacks I would always go nachos and corn and cotija dip! With extra guacamole. Or regular potato chips and this dip: https://www.alisoneroman.com/recipes/la ... -and-chile Or veggies and ranch dip! I really, really like dip :))
Last edited by emma_p on Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Chips and dip are just so good.

I’m having a dram for Burns Night and Squeak and I are talking Britpop.