IWLTS it is 2023

emma_p

Re: IWLTS it is 2023

Post by emma_p »

What time did they arrive?

I think as long as they’re there by 6 it’s ok.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

They both arrived just after I posted that. I hate when people arrive just as we're about to serve up.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Leap
Glitz 'n' Glam

Post by Leap »

IWLTS (in the most annoying, arsehole-y way) well if *I* had today off I would already have checked to confirm nursery is closed, and would have asked very nicely in advance if your mum could take both girls as we know she would, so I would have a nice chilled day ahead and not be slamming around the house very angry at, ultimately, myself :ballet:

Which I obviously won’t :lol: I mostly work through Christmas as my office stays open, C’s always shuts so I check out of childcare arrangements as if nursery is closed (as it is today) then C is here. He is stunned, stunned by this turn of events (which also happened last week).
Glint

Post by Glint »

He’s shocked the nursery is shut in a bank holiday? Poor petal :(
SunnyMum

Post by SunnyMum »

Hang on. He's off work. Nursery is shut. He needs his Mum to mind the girls? I'm missing something surely.
Lola

Post by Lola »

He’s got to babysit his own children :cry:
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

sally maclennane wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 9:32 pm They both arrived just after I posted that. I hate when people arrive just as we're about to serve up.
Tell them what time to turn up - I would probably come at around the same time if I didn't feel I had to be there any earlier. (Or tell them you're serving up half an hour earlier than you actually are! :evil: )

I'm totally lost by that Leap, but assume he'd planned a nice day off doing bugger all!
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Yeah, I think that's where I went wrong. Next time, I'll say dinner will be at 6, but really it will be half 6 :))
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Leap
Glitz 'n' Glam

Post by Leap »

It’s a total roast idiot moment, or rather roast yourself moment as it doesn’t impact me. If he had thought for a second, he would’ve known he had them both today and wasn’t having a day on the sofa and huffed and puffed about it. He fully enjoys planning a solo day with them; he also knows his mum might’ve said “oooh let me take them and you have a nice relaxing day” because she adores them. But not at the last minute.

He did resist any kind of “you should’ve told me”, so I am quietly resisting what I think sal would call “advice that involves time travel” :))