IWLTS it is 2023

Zoomer

Re: IWLTS it is 2023

Post by Zoomer »

Thanks Pov and Little My. I did discuss it briefly with my sister last night and she told me not to feel pressured into coming. She's a good 'un, that girl.

However, J really wants to go too and has said he'll step up his paid work, so I guess I'll try to find a way to make it work.
Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

I'm sure you'll find a way Zooms.

IWLTS - fuck off, fuck off, FUCK OFF

My colleague since Friday has been questioning everything I do. Nitpicking here and there.

She's working my last fucking nerve. She's been offered a promotion into another team so here's hoping she takes it :fc:
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
Hazey_Jane

Post by Hazey_Jane »

Argh, I feel your pain Duo, that happened to me today with a friend/ colleague.

She’s so unbelievably fucking rude. When we’ve gone for lunch as a group in the canteen, she’s commented when I’ve bought pre-packed salads from the supermarket about the plastic waste. When I was at an event for another colleague‘s birthday, she followed up afterwards with ”Did you wish him a happy birthday?” After that one I told her I didn’t need a lesson on manners from her. At dinner at her place, she corrects the way I hold her wine glasses. Fine- her glasses, her rules. If you’re talking with someone else, she just butts in and interrupts, even in a big work setting. I’ve started ignoring her when she does that and I later on say “what did you need?” She talks with her mouth full- this seems to be a very German thing.

Today she knocked on the office door to remind us there was cake in her office for her birthday. Her headphones were on so you couldn’t tell if she was only listening in a call or actively participating in a call. 5 mins later I was in the coffee corner with another colleague who I know she hates and she tried to interrupt us. 5 minutes later I did go to her office, tried to slice off a small piece of cake but it was very dry and crumbly. She accused me of hacking away at her cake so I just said (in English) “oh forget it” and walked off.

Rargh. I’m sure I’ve WLTS about her before
Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

She sounds like she's needing telt.

Mine pulled me up yesterday in front of the boss for something so inconsequential about something only I do. She doesn't bother her arse doing it which is fine.

It's a boring story of notifications being sent to badly behaving accounts if you merge tickets.

'why are you merging tickets and keeping the notification checked? You've sent six notifications to one recipient, they get notified six times over and I want to know why you're keeping the notification button checked'

I'm actually quite proud of keeping my cool but my response was ' why would I care that an account misusing our system gets multiple notifications? I'll rephrase that if you don't quite understand, I do not care how many notifications an owner of an account gets.'

I'm awaiting a wrist slap today. :mog:
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

IWLTS: You are lucky you’re still breathing. That sort of comment could end friendships.

A family friend asked me how my sister was today and I truthfully told her she’s an absolute mess and just wants to be on her own. The family friend said that she knows what my sister is going through as she was gutted when her cats died. Cats. I put her firmly back in her box but I’m still bouncing about it.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

CATS, Kleio. For heaven's sake. Bouncing is OK, you know. She deserves to be bounced on, I think.

IWLTS: Are you actually unhinged?
A woman I had a good relationship with has started being really odd with me on messenger for some reason I cannot fathom. It's like we are talking two entirely different languages.

Example:
"Hi! Did you get on with the Excel or Word document better?"
"What do you mean get on with it?"
"You said you found it OK so I was wondering which one was easier for you to access."
"I didn't find it - a document was sent to me via email"
Er... "I meant how you got on with/how you found it as how easy it was to access or use."
"What would I use it for? I don't understand, there was no info on it"

I explain everything & she ignores it.

Then I send her a quick message asking if she's done something or if I should do it, and I get,
"Have you looked? Lily, please look, in the time you have wasted writing this you could have been on the page, copied it & pasted it"
I was a bit affronted by being spoken to like I'm 7 and said so (politely), adding that all she had to do was answer "yes" or "no".
She replies: "You're wasting time. Please LOOK instead of asking. I have no idea from your message what you expected me to do. Was it copy and paste it for you so you didn't actually have to do anything? What you were asking made no sense unless it was you couldn't be bothered to look yourself."

When I went back to her explaining what I expected her to do was say "yes" or "no" she just posted a load of hysterical laughing emjois. It's like she's been possessed by something. I am at a complete loss as to what is happening here.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Luna

Post by Luna »

She sounds like a half wit.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

She normally sounds totally sane. One of the other women told me that she had a brain condition and has had surgery twice to sort it, so maybe it's a recurrence of that? Because it is the oddest thing. Either that or she really doesn't like me all of a sudden and wants to upset me.

FiveO'Clock

Post by FiveO'Clock »

She's very rude.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Is it someone you need to deal with for work? Because if not I’d struggle to have the patience!
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Oh jeez. If don’t have to interact, don’t.

IWLTS I know I’m overreacting but I’m locked in now and won’t stop for a little while so buckle in. I have a lot of ranting to get off my chest.
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

Rant away Pip!

Lily, can you limit contact with her?
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

I'm glad you all think she's being weird. Fortunately it's not work, just the dog rescue lot I do the website with. I can avoid contact with her altogether if I need to; it's just disappointing.

Pip, rant to us!

Tits McGee
Topaz Titanium

Post by Tits McGee »

Yikes! That would be weird if you were working for her, but it's even odder if you're volunteering your time!
I've got ham, but I'm not a hamster
Wiggle

Post by Wiggle »

Lily, that really is rather strange.

IWLTS so the first delay was waiting for the part arrive, the second was your van needs repairs and now you have a positive COVID test. I suspect you don't want to do the work but I'm going to play "nice" so will remain polite and follow up every few weeks.

To the oven engineer who we first contacted on 16 December.
Luce

Post by Luce »

Rant to us Pip!

IWLTS I’m so happy you’re not in my life anymore. I childishly want you to know that.

I had a proper epiphany about my ex best friend, a few days ago. About a year after she dumped me.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

That’s good news, Luce. I’m still annoyed with her for you.

I might have ranted myself out. The basics are: Chunk was approached by a LSA at school about his accident, and they rang me after. I assumed it was because the police had made whatever referral they told me they’d have to make, but actually it was down to the LSA having seen a post C put on a local Spotted page on Facebook asking for witnesses. There was no identifying details for Chunk, and most of you know we have a very distinctive surname, but there are others in the area, so she couldn’t have been sure it was Chunk.

After the call, in which they insinuated it was a good thing that my & Chunk’s stories checked out, I thought about it & sent a two line message saying “thank you for your call earlier. On reflection, I do wish you’d spoken to either me or my husband before speaking to Chunk.” The next day, a different teacher rang me and doubled down on it all, asking why I’d kept it from the school, rather than agreeing with me that snooping on social media and making assumptions is not cool.

Anyway, I’m still angry. Have sent an email with the subject line “Formal complaint”. Will eat my hat if I get a reply.
FiveO'Clock

Post by FiveO'Clock »

That is outrageous, Pip!
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I’m beginning to doubt myself now because C keeps rolling his eyes at me.

Also bear in mind, this is the school at which both kids have broken bones & been kept at school until the end of the day without having contacted a responsible adult, and when said responsible adult has picked them up has instantly remarked that hospital will be the next port of call.
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

Don't doubt yourself, Pip - I would be fizzing too.