Aroma: Therapy

Tips & tricks to make your bumhat beautiful.
emma_p

Re: Aroma: Therapy

Post by emma_p »

I keep on sniffing my wrists, it's lasted really well and I'm tempted to purchase. I was looking for a really pure rose but I do think this is more interesting. I wish there was no patchouli though.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Did you buy it, Emma? I’d like to head to Liberty this week and do some sniffing but I doubt I’ll have time.

I’m wearing JM White Moss & Snowdrop today. I would love a full sized bottle.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

I didn't because I needed another bottle of Olene last week (my wedding perfume so I can never be without it :emme: ) and that seems more spring-like to me. They gave me about 4 testers of the it which I can eek out. Plus one of L'Eau des Hespérides which I'm not sure about. And a bunch of the most beautiful flowers although the roses aren't looking too happy and the anemones are only just opening :mrgreen:
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

With the roses, take them out, snip the ends and briefly plunge the ends in boiling water. Or add aspirin to the case water.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I tried Jo Malone Vetiver & Golden Vanilla today. It’s nice enough but not hugely special.
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

Does anyone have any leftover Lolita Lempicka that they don't wear? I finished mine and have lost my bottle of Tonka Imperiele at a hotel in London. I bought another LL but the formula has changed and I get no tonka bean or licorice from it now, it just smells like generic perfume smell. I am sad. I would very happily pay and for postage. I just bought another bottle of LL on eBay which I thought was the older one but it isn't and I now have two bottles to dispose of.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

You can have mine. Can it be posted though?
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

You are a star. Yes perfume can be posted you just have to get a label stuck on. It does not cost more. Please let me know how much it all is. ♥️
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

However there is no rush and a nam seeing you in April, aren't I? I've just remembered.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

I've been self-medicating with Les Senteurs samples. The first four I got were all very nice but I mixed them all up :ella: and can't remember which one was which. The next four were pretty awful; one of them was supposed to smell like a Bengal cat. The latest four are nice and Maison Francis Kurkdjian: L'eau À la Rose is I think winning it for me. Like when I first smelled L'Eau d'Hiver I can't stop sniffing myself. :flirt:
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I've put on Jo Loves Orange Butterflies today and keep catching a whiff and it is so lovely.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

It is, isn’t it? I wonder where my sample of it is. I haven’t worn perfume at all for months.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I’ve not been wearing it much either, and it’s a shame. I’m going to make more effort.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

I think the Zara / Jo Malone orange blossom candle smells like that.

I just put a spritz of Olene on, to stand in line outside Waitrose :))
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

I’ve been cycling through my perfumes recently, wearing a different one every day, to identify any that are minging or have gone off. I’m wearing a LIDL one today which I thought would be rank but is actually very pleasant - fruity sweet floral. I think it’s called Pretty Sweet. Bit Flowerbomb-y.

The only one I’ve decided to bin from the 10 or so I’ve done to date is a cherry blossom EDT by Yves Rocher which really is not nice at all.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I’ve gone back to my samples box and pulled out Jo Loves Mandrine. I don’t think it’s all that different to Orange Butterflies.
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

emma_p wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 4:17 pm I think the Zara / Jo Malone orange blossom candle smells like that.
I love that one in perfume form. I think it's my favourite from the range.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Mine too, Shoe! It’s lovely.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I’m wearing Mojave Ghost today by Byredo. It’s a generous sample size and I’m not sure where it came from, so was probably from Ella (thank you). It’s really lovely.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Might have been :)). Sorry if it was somebody else, and glad you like it.