Magic Beans

Tips & tricks to make your bumhat beautiful.
Shoe

Re: Magic Beans

Post by Shoe »

If you like it, buy it. Or spend the same amount on something else treaty, I've decided you deserve it. :yes:
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

Oh thanks, Shoebles. Now that money has been assigned to me officially, I feel like I need to decide more carefully what treat to have.
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

:bow:
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

I rummaged back into this thread and ended up buying a Pixi mascara in Blackest Blue as recommended by Han ages ago.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Good choice! I remember looking for that when Han first recommended it but couldn’t find it.

I’ve done another Trepadora order for some goo. I’ve been waiting for the Maca balm to come into stock and I really like the Pink Clay Cleanser so I’ve bought a bigger bottle of that.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

I have finally found an eye primer which works as well as the Nars one but is animal friendly and has a refill option to reduce plastic waste. It is brilliant.

https://plasticfreedom.co.uk/products/z ... eye-primer
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

My new cleanser has arrived! I supported the Kickstarter about 9 months ago and the product has finally arrived. I will report back!

https://www.bhuman.store/
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Luna

Post by Luna »

I bought a shampoo bar from Soul and Soap and it’s really good! I wasn’t entirely convinced by the idea of a bar but this is amazing. I got the peppermint and tea tree version and have super shiny hair.
Luna

Post by Luna »

Look Fantastic has Oskia Renaissance gel on offer for £24.50 so I’ve bought that, a mascara and a Caudalie shower gel.

Also Victoria Health had an offer on a temple Spa Bon Voyage kit for £15 so I bought that as a Xmas present for a friend. Even at full price it’s good value.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Turtle Bean wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:40 am Azelaic acid is good for spots too. My hormonal, menopausal ones went away immediately I started using it and never came back.
Bean, I wanted to say thanks for this long-ago post. :love: Although it seems I replied to you at the time, I only got round to buying some Azelaic Acid Booster from Paula’s Choice about five weeks ago. My (hormonal) skin is already so much clearer than it was.
Last edited by nineseven on Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

Oh I'm glad. I swear by it now.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

I was influenced into buying something deeply unglamorous but really effective the other day, and I’m obsessed already. These Korean Exfoliating Scrub Mittens are meant to be used after soaking in the bath (apparently SO much dead skin comes off), but even just quickly using them in the shower with some soap has left my feet and elbows so silky and smooth!

The illustrations suggest that you can use these on your face, but I really, really wouldn’t myself. £11 for 20, and you can use each one multiple times, so you could easily split a pack with somebody.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00VKJ ... asin_title
Toast
Delboy

Post by Toast »

Ooh, those are tempting. The Koreans are so good at this stuff aren’t they?
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

They look a bit like a mitt that I had from going to the (Moroccan) hammam in Paris, although it doesn't stretch/shrink.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

M&S had 30% off some beauty gifts in store yesterday, so I bought this Formula Absolute Day & Sleep cream set. At £24, it’s only £1 more than the night cream alone.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Ooh, thanks Pip, I might see if they still have that as I use both the day and night version.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

I'm looking for an eye cream for what looks to be the beginning of wrinkles all up in that area when I smile. :mad: (This is what I should do instead of smiling).

Does any wise Turtle have a particular mad fave I should be plumping (HO HO HO) for? :spin:
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

I wanted a nicer shower gel so bought this one today. And I haven’t been able to get my usual CeraVe cleanser for ages so bought this one instead.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

I love salicylic acid in things.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

I’ve been getting a sprinkling of tiny blackheads across my cheeks (I’m not sure why, it coincided with a change in brand of lactic acid and Vit C) so I’m hoping it might help clear them out.