Dry, indoor skin

Tips & tricks to make your bumhat beautiful.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Dry, indoor skin

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

In all my 41 and 11/12 years, I’ve never had dry skin…until now. What can I put on my parched visage?

I’ve been using Versed Skin Soak, which Sali H promised was too rich for oily skin except in winter but isn’t actually enough. It’s really nice, but I need something more, probably for evening use in case it does become an oil slick again.
Ella77

Re: Dry, indoor skin

Post by Ella77 »

You say parched so is it more like dehydrated skin, or is it a lack of oil thing?
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I think it’s a lack of oil really. I’m normally oily and dehydrated, so have lots of hydrating options. I’m using the wrong terminology, aren’t I?
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

No, I don’t think you are! I really like that Origins mask but is it better for dehydration?
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I’ve been using it but not sure it’s enough. Last night I slathered on loads of Pixi Jasmine oil before bed and do feel a bit better this morning.
absley

Post by absley »

My skin tends to be dry rather than dehydrated, and my richest night cream boosted with a few drops of oil is usually quite effective - if my skin is really parched I use this day and night for a few days.

The Ordinary squalane is a good daytime oil booster for me, as it doesn't actually make me look oily and makeup seems to sit well with it. My more perfumed oils such as Aurelia are definitely night time only.
purple_dress

Post by purple_dress »

I've got my husband using CeraVe moisturising lotion for dry and very dry skin and it's made a difference to his dry skin. I've also been using it and it's lovely.

I use an essence and a moisturing serum as well. I try to pack in as much moisture as I can. Are you drinking enough water?
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I’m probably not drinking enough plain water.

Thanks all, esp Abs, I’ve just ordered some Ordinary Squalane, Buffet & Moisturising Factors to try. And put a double layer of Skin Soak on for today.

I normally cleanse with CeraVe, then tone, then spritz with Revolution Niacinamide essence, then Vit C, then hyaluronic serum, then moisturise and sometimes, a hydrating foundation.
purple_dress

Post by purple_dress »

Buffet is one of the things I use and I really rate it.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

I don't think there's much evidence that drinking water actually helps with dehydrated skin.
Red

Post by Red »

Sympathies, Pip. I'm waking up each day with dry, tight skin and I can't work out what's missing as I've not changed anything in my nightly. It's not the flaking skin sort of dry but it feels a bit fragile. I'm normally on the oilier side so its a bit odd.
I've decided that having a fire going each night and it still being pretty cold outsidehas taken its toll a bit.

Hydration wise, the Hada Labo serum is very good and I've added in a spritz to try and add more water to my skin.
I'm going to add a drop of face oil to my moisturizer and see if that helps.

India Knight wrote a column in Style about this sort of thing last week, but the cream she recommended was £60-odd pounds so....
Jesus loves you. Everyone else thinks you're an asshole.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Plus, India Knight. :ttth:
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

I've also got similar skin issues at the moment. I used up a sample tube of Weleda almond face cream which was really nice but I need to buy something else today.
Cosmopolitan

Post by Cosmopolitan »

I am also dessicated at the moment, too many months of central heating and cold outside I think. Have started taking fish oils again because they always help lubricate things, plus a few drops of oil in my face cream and regular spritzes
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Ooh, I do fancy a nice spritz or essence. What you you use, Cos?
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

I like the squalane cleanser from The Ordinary as well, it cleans without feeling like it’s stripping all the oils from your skin. I’m also using buffet and niacinamide/zinc, but I don’t like the moisturising factors much I’m afraid, my skin feels tight again 10 minutes after using it.

I really liked the moisturiser from Sanctuary Spa which I was using but I’ve just run out so I’ve started a SkinSense one that I got in a TILI set a while ago. It’s ok but nothing amazing.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

My skin is flaky in patches and quite thick* where it's flaky (nose, eyelids and a little patch on my forehead). I just have to be consistent with cleansing - I use the hot cloth cleansers from Aldi with warm water, then a mask thing from No 7 then a small amount of Miracle ointment on the dry bits and No 7 Protect and Perfect on the rest of my face and neck.

*I have a feeling it's ezcema rather than just dry patches.

No help to you but just thought I'd contribute :lol:
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

emma_p wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:45 pm Ooh, I do fancy a nice spritz or essence. What you you use, Cos?
I’m not Cos, but I spritz with this Revolution essence after toning.
7C4E2449-FF00-4A57-BFDB-D10CF5D965D4.png
And keep this on my desk.
F0FCF80E-F728-4915-85F7-72D5AEFB8D0E.jpeg
Cosmopolitan

Post by Cosmopolitan »

emma_p wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:45 pm Ooh, I do fancy a nice spritz or essence. What you you use, Cos?
Currently Herbivore Rosehip one. But I have a Vit C Lumene one that's nice too.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Oh, I was looking at the Herbivore rose and hibiscus one earlier on the Space NK website. And my local Boots has a few shelves of Pixie so I'll pop in.

The Caudalie spritz I have seems a bit drying at the moment so I'll save it for summer.