All New Nails

Tips & tricks to make your bumhat beautiful.
Shoe

Re: All New Nails

Post by Shoe »

Pretty much that. Hence why I bought the magic bubbling remover stuff. :lol: If (when) that doesn't work I'll file them down and then soak them off. :))
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

I’m fascinated by that bubbling stuff (just watched the video of it working) I hope it works!
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

Hahahahaha. I hadn't read this when I tagged Povv and Shoe in that FB video.

I hardly ever do my nails anymore because they got so knackered the last time I had gel polish. It serves me right really as the nail bar I went to looks like some sort of money laundering/people trafficking front.
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

I spent another hour or so messing about last night and ended up buffing my nails quite a bit and shaping them. I think they look a bit better now although they are matte because I haven't added topcoat since the buffing. All in I think it could be pretty good provided they do last at least 2 weeks and I am a bit more careful about application. The base coat from the kit is basically superglue so any that you get over the edges stays there and has to be hacked off - I learned this the hard way by massacring a couple of my cuticles while buffing. :ella: I reckon it might be easier to do on someone else but that might be wishful thinking.

I can't lie, I am very excited to try the remover stuff. I will report back for sure, even if my fingers fall off. :mog:
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

Shockingly, it's not going quite to plan. :lol:

One pinged off:
IMG_20190802_145942.jpg
I replaced it, another pinged off:
IMG_20190805_082300.jpg
I'll replace it later. It might be application issues or it might be did to the fact I'm using cheap stuff from China. :))
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

Did you scuff up your nail before applying? The grind mine down with a Dremmel thing first at my salon.
la Fée Verte

Post by la Fée Verte »

Shoe, I got the RCM dip kit before Christmas and haven't had much luck with it; I should give it another go. I had a few pop off too, and the brushes would almost instantly gum up. :bite: I really liked the sheer pink though.

This is a Bluesky gel; Neon 32 Blue Bamboo.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

That’s an excellent blue!
geek_kitten

Post by geek_kitten »

That is so pretty 😍

I must get back to doing my nails regularly.
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

Estrella wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:08 am Did you scuff up your nail before applying? The grind mine down with a Dremmel thing first at my salon.
I did but obviously not enough! I'll be more forceful next time. :))

My left thumb has just pinged across my desk so I'm another one down. :mog:

That blue is perfect, Fee!
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

Ruby wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:15 am Hahahahaha. I hadn't read this when I tagged Povv and Shoe in that FB video.
I'm reporting back on the amazing remover that bubbles off gel and acrylic nails. It's utterly shite. :mog:

It arrived the consistency of wallpaper paste, was really hard to apply and then felt like it was burning my skin off. The nails barely changed at all with it on, the burning skin around my nails meant I had to remove it after about a minute, nails still fully intact. :look: :lol:
la Fée Verte

Post by la Fée Verte »

Thanks for taking one for the team, anyway, Shoe. :))
Princess Morripov

Post by Princess Morripov »

Oh Shoe! :lol:
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

Oh, dear :mog:
Scooter

Post by Scooter »

I’m disappointed about that, shoe. I’ve seen those videos and it looked amazing!

Im joining in as I’ve recently started getting my nails done. I’ve been getting shellac toes since April and they last 2 months, which is amazing! (I clearly have slow growing toenails) and when I had a dooooo a couple of weeks ago I got shellac fingernails too. It’s reasonably priced so I’ve decided to keep it up (at least for now) I go to an Asian nail spa which is great as they’re all business, no small talk which suits me fine. My last nails lasted a couple of weeks before they started growing out so I’m gojng to stick with shellac as it’s half the price of SNS which will grow out just as quickly.

These are my current nails; they’re short as the ring finger snapped.
smalex

Post by smalex »

20190807_120658.jpg
New nails!
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

Your accent nail is gorgeous! :hbeat:
la Fée Verte

Post by la Fée Verte »

Shoe. I am doing dip again. It's going better but however much I buff it's still not smooth after the top coat. :bite: I guess you don't have any top tips yet?
la Fée Verte

Post by la Fée Verte »

Sorry smal; I meant to say what a lovely colour that is.
Princess Morripov

Post by Princess Morripov »

That accent nail is so pretty :love: