All New Nails

Tips & tricks to make your bumhat beautiful.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Re: All New Nails

Post by Kenickie »

Oh no! Could Mr stay at home with S so you can still go?
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
purple_dress

Post by purple_dress »

Interesting, thanks. They look amazing. So sorry about your cancelled day :( I hope S is OK and it's a one off vom.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

I’m feeling a bit shit too (think it was the chicken we had for lunch from a take away) but that’s the plan.
smalex

Post by smalex »

Oh no Est! What a shame. Can you go on your own?

Mine are gels yes, with gel underlay (?) too. I was (and I'm quite sure, still am) an horrendous nail biter so I'm committed to just having gel nails indefinitely because left alone I have terrible nails anyway.
Princess Morripov

Post by Princess Morripov »

They are both lovely. I hope you get to go to the wedding Est. I’ve been using a gel base/top coat for a while and I think it’s really helped keep my nails strong.

These are fairly boring for me (no bling stuck on :lol: ) so I may jazz them up at some point :))

The gold glitter is one of the Barry M textured polishes which goes really lovely and sparkly with a gel top coat.
George

Post by George »

Those are lovely Pov. I still can’t do leopard print.

Mine are boring by comparison. My nails have not been looked after for a while and we’re super short and peeling, but I had a go at silk wraps and they are super strong and growing again.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dizzyd
Englebert Humperdizz

Post by dizzyd »

Pov which base and top coat are you using

Do you need to cure it with a lamp ?

The new Barry M textured polishes are lovely I've not seen the pale one

I love those subtle colours George

My nails are in a terrible state at the moment
My nail blog - you can also link to my instagram account through there
http://naildart.blogspot.co.uk
Princess Morripov

Those are lovely colours George :love2:

I’ve been using Chroma Fix & Protect which is a gel polish and does need to be cured. It does come off really easily though with neat acetone, just like removing polish normally, so it hasn’t wrecked my nails.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

I like yours, George!
Leap
Glitz 'n' Glam

Post by Leap »

Oh I love those, George. I always like a nude in a bottle but not on me, but an assortment might be the key.

Pov I’m trying to to make this sound as I mean it and not like the Instagram mum from the other thread (‘soooo jealous’ :lol: ) but I kept my nails long for a little while after the baby and then had to trim them because I kept scratching her (!) and then eventually cut them right down to the quick because they grow so fast and drive me crazy. So I am mega impressed. It’s not a case of not being used to them as my nails have been so long for SO long that the tips of my fingers tingled painfully for a day after I cut them :lol:
dizzyd
Englebert Humperdizz

Post by dizzyd »

Princess Morripov wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:09 pm Those are lovely colours George :love2:

I’ve been using Chroma Fix & Protect which is a gel polish and does need to be cured. It does come off really easily though with neat acetone, just like removing polish normally, so it hasn’t wrecked my nails.
Thank you I've got a lamp so I'll get it ordered
Princess Morripov

I put a thin base coat, cure it, and then just use normal polish, I then do the gel top coat the following morning else it doesn’t really cure properly. I think it’s really helped my nails though, as they went quite weak after I had Tupac (no doubt it’ll happen again) plus it was a bit of a vicious circle as a nail would snap so I would put a false nail on and then that would wreck the nail underneath anyway :mad: but that sorted me out really.
dizzyd
Englebert Humperdizz

Post by dizzyd »

Ordered the base and top coat set . I won £30 on the lottery and it was £26.99 on Amazon so it seemed like a sign :))
Roma

Post by Roma »

George have you done silk wraps yourself or did you get them done? My nails are so week and splitting and I’m looking for something to get them stronger again.
Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Pov, I love your nails. I’m so unco I’d end up taking out an eye if my nails were like that, which I’m sad about because they look great!

I’ve hd shellac on my nails since June (replaced fortnightly) but I went to a new place last time and it started peeling off. I took it all off myself (peeked a couple at work but managed for force myself to wait and get the gel remover and did the rest with that). My nails are rubbish :cry: I’ve chopped them all down and will give them some recovery time.

I’m thinking about SNS rather than shellac next time, but it’s almost twice the cost. Will it last longer than shellac? For it to be worth while I need to be able to stretch it out to once a month: is this realistic?
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

Mine lasts four weeks with no chips. I only get it redone then because of the growth. It does take longer as the soak off is about 15-20 mins and then the dipping process is longer than shellac too. But it’s worth it. I pay $50.
Scooter

Post by Scooter »

I can get it done for $50 here too. I think it’s a little extra with the soak off-replace but I might give it a go. My bails seem to grow quite quickly, but I might just have to grit my teeth and wait the 4 weeks for replacement. I’m sure it’s more noticeable to me than anyone else that sees my nails.

My nails look awful and I’m desperate to cover them up again, but I def need to give them a bit of time to recover.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

I’ve had a look back at photos to see if I can show how they look when they’re “older” this is my thumb after 3.5 weeks.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

I meant to say, yours look amazing, George. I’m off to google silk wraps now.
purple_dress

Post by purple_dress »

That's amazing, Est. I think my nails must grow about twice as quickly as yours though! I'd have that growth after 2 weeks.

Is the dip stuff less damaging than gel polish or do you just have strong nails?