Personal Grooming Under Lockdown

Tips & tricks to make your bumhat beautiful.
Estrella

Re: Personal Grooming Under Lockdown

Post by Estrella »

That looks great, Marth!

It’s only been 4 weeks since I had my haircut/coloured and I’m getting white hairs sprouting through. Going to hold off for another month though and still have it done at home.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

That looks great Marth! I have purple shampoo. I think it's Fudge Clean Blonde. I quite like how it helps tame the frizz as well.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Penny Century

Post by Penny Century »

That is gorgeous, Marth - really suits your skin tone (from what I can see!)

I'm braving the barber's tomorrow. I was happy enough with my cut a couple of weeks ago but my hair is already starting to annoy me again. I think I'm going to get a fade on the sides and leave the top as it is, just maybe take the tiniest bit off, and get some choppy texture going.
rosy

Post by rosy »

That looks fab, Marth. I love the colour.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

I had a manicure & pedicure on Saturday. It was such a joy. The salon was very clean and all the customers were given swanky kimonos.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Roma

Post by Roma »

I’m desperate to get my nails done and a get a massage as well, but I just don’t dare going yet.
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

I had a massage yesterday; it was brilliant (although long overdue, so I'm very sore today). I went to my usual place so knew it would be clean; they had sanitiser everywhere and the staff wore masks and aprons and used gel after every interaction (eg handing me the health form, using the card machine at the end). It was my choice whether to wear a mask myself, so I agreed with my therapist that I'd go without when I had my face in the table but wear it when I was face up. One other client arrived just as I was leaving so they asked me to wait a few seconds so we wouldn't have to pass in the corridor. It was really well organised and I felt very safe.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

Did they use gloves for your massage, Lora. I’m booked in with my beauty therapist in a couple of weeks’ time for a pedi and to get brows and lashes done, but the treatment of hers that I most enjoy is the facial, which involves quite a lot of massage of face, neck and shoulders. I’ve hesitated to book that one as she will be wearing gloves and I don’t think it will be as nice an experience.
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

No gloves; I don't think it would have been possible with (and reckon the apron was pretty pointless tbh). I've just remembered they took my temperature on arrival, too.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

My massage was done with gloves and it didn't make a difference. I didn't realise she was wearing them until she mentioned it.
Flora Poste

Post by Flora Poste »

Lily wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:58 pm I had a manicure & pedicure on Saturday. It was such a joy. The salon was very clean and all the customers were given swanky kimonos.
Sounds bliss. I haven't had a pedicure for years as I've had the most stubborn mosaic verrucas on my big toes for what seems like forever, despite having silver nitrate treatment for them last year. BUT, one very random side effect of lockdown appears to be that my verrucas have completely cleared up :frolic:
purple_dress

Post by purple_dress »

My massage therapist always wears gloves anyway because of all the essential oils she uses and I can't tell either.
Penny Century

Post by Penny Century »

Got my hair shorn! It was lovely to see my barber and find out how she'd been getting on with lockdown - lots of people trying to get her to do homers and offering £££ but she was steadfast. I wore a mask, so did she, we just about managed to understand each other. My hair is looking sharp and I'm feeling much more like myself than I have in a while.
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

purple_dress wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:47 am My massage therapist always wears gloves anyway because of all the essential oils she uses and I can't tell either.
That's good to know. I'm now wondering if she did and I didn't notice :lol: She uses her arms/elbows as much as her hands, though.

Good news on the haircut (and arrangements), Penny.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Excuse the no-make up picture but I am so pleased to have my hair cut and coloured. I've had about 3 inches cut off but it really needed it, it was so straggly and faded!
20200723_212055.jpg
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

That looks really lovely, and you're looking very youthful!
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

You have always been my favourite, Ken!
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Flora Poste

Post by Flora Poste »

That looks lovely Sal. I had loads cut off when I had mine done as well (E keeps saying I look like various 5 year olds in her class who have similar length hair :lol: ) and it looks so much better! It's the shortest I've had it in years.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

You look really lovely Sal!
Rosa

Post by Rosa »

Very nice, sally, and Ken's right!