Magic Beans

Tips & tricks to make your bumhat beautiful.
Estrella

Re: Magic Beans

Post by Estrella »

Figaro wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:09 am Oh that’s useful to know, because I was looking at them, thank you. The Cos rx ones seem to get good reviews so I think I’ll try them.

I have that serum Est. I’m not a huge fan. It’s ok but can be a bit sticky. Also, that seems to say it has vitamin C in, which I’m fairly sure it doesn’t. I’m planning to try the Vichy hyaluronic stuff next. I love the Verso one but can’t justify paying full price.
That caption was for two pics - the hyaluronic one (blue) which I bought and the Vit C one (not pictured orange bottle) I swithered between the two.
Figaro

Post by Figaro »

Ah! Ok. That makes more sense. I have the blue one too.
Figaro

Post by Figaro »

I used to use that Lush mask! It was good, you’re right. The Superdrug stuff looks great too and such a bargain. I think the stickers are good because they stop me from touching every 2 minutes to check if it’s still there, which obviously makes it a lot worse. I’m also a sucker for a new type of product :))
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

QVC’s TILI just launched and looks good value - 6 full sized products for £50 today as a TSV. I usually go towards the cheaper end of skincare but I’ve treated myself.

https://www.qvcuk.com/Tili-Beauty-6-Pie ... 65&sc=ISRC

Brands are:
Perricone MD - Nutritive cleanser
Korres - skin oil
Gatineau - moisturiser
Alpha-H - Liquid Gold
SkinSense - eye serum
M Asam - facial serum

Plus a vanity bag.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

Nice haul, Hippy!

I have got some Farryn Amber Sol face oil for the morning and Lunar for the evening and they're both gorgeous. I absolutely love them. I also am using Lani cleansing oil, but I got a few spots and have had my usual breakdown about my skin going to the dogs. I'm hoping it's the lack of sleep and not the oil as it smells lovely.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Rhodonite

Post by Rhodonite »

I think I've found my new favourite cleanser. The C2 clarifying cleanser by Face Theory. It leaves my skin baby soft, every time. Not for use on eyes though, so I use it after taking off my make up with something else first. Comes in a glass jar too, which is a plastic free, bonus.

https://www.facetheory.com/collections/ ... leanser-c2

I'm going to order some of their other stuff too, to see if it's all just as good.
Luna

Post by Luna »

I like Face Theory stuff. I’ve got their regenerative serum. Smells a bit odd but makes my skin look nice.

I’ve got a mini set of Briogeo hair stuff. The shampoo and conditioner smell amazing.
absley

Post by absley »

I got a Pat McGrath palette in the post today, which I'd forgotten I'd ordered as a birthday treat. It was a bargain compared to her usual prices and is so pretty - review and swatches here, on BBB. It still seems to be available, albeit for 5e more than I paid 3 weeks ago! :ella:
Luna

Post by Luna »

Looks gorgeous!
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

I bought a lovely new bath product after seeing it recommended by Sali Hughes (I know, I know, but it’s a local brand owned by a black woman too). It’s this Soapsmith Bath Soak, a *massive* jar of beautifully scented powder that you add to running water with a little scoop (included). I got Bloomsbury, which is fresh roses, honeysuckle, primroses and peonies, and it’s absolutely lovely. My hallway is still scented with it hours later. The base is coconut milk powder. It would make a lovely gift.

https://soapsmith.com/product/bloomsbury-bath-soak/
Rosa

Post by Rosa »

Ooh, that sounds so lovely!
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

That sounds gorgeous! I wish I could have baths.

I realised that the deodorant I’ve been using is owned by a black woman after seeing it promoted on Black Pound Day. It’s absolutely brilliant deodorant, as good as the Sure one, but mostly natural & organic, while smelling great.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

I bought this during the week. It’s meant to be single use but I’ve used it twice and still have enough left for at least another night, so I’m not sure if it’s a generous size or I’m not using enough. I really like it though. My skin doesn’t usually love Shea butter but it’s fine with this.

https://www.neutrogena.com.au/face/faci ... how-to-use
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

Thank you for the Soapsmith link Ella - luxury bath stuff in a glass jar is my kind of bath stuff!

My skin hasn't reacted badly to the Lani oil. It's nice enough but I'll go back to Ultrabland afterwards as I like it a lot more.

Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

That looks really good Est. Only in Australia at the moment it seems but I’ll keep an eye out.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

I tried the free chunk of soap (Soapsmith) I got with my order this morning, and I don’t know what scent it is, but it’s lovely. Nice texture and non-drying too.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

That Neutrogena stuff has good reviews. Especially good after a long flight by the sounds of it, although there won't be any of those for a while!

Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Fucking hell, guys. Juicy Tubes are back.

:disco:
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

:weewee:
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Oh, early 00s nostalgia-arama!