Magic Beans

Tips & tricks to make your bumhat beautiful.
Turtle Bean

Magic Beans

Post by Turtle Bean »

This is the new beauty buys thread as the other one is now so long that it is not displaying page numbers correctly.

I purchased a blue mascara from Nyx yesterday and it really is full on electric blue!
Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Re: Magic Beans

Post by Smunder Woman »

I am sad because I read the locked thread looking for drama.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I love the title; you are a genius.

I’m going to buy some NYX electric blue eyeliner when I remember.

In the meantime, I have just collected some nail polishes a pink conditioner.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

They are gorgeous, Pip!
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

I love the bottom one.
Malan
Princess Morripov

Post by Princess Morripov »

Oh the bottom colour is lovely. I really want a mustard colour nail polish but the exact shade I want doesn’t seem to exist yet.
Figaro

Post by Figaro »

I’m just ordering a new concealer, I’m going to try the Nars one.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

The Make Up Revolution concealer is amazing. I finally found my colour in stock last week.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

What sort is it, Pip? Under-eye/blemish/brightening, etc. I finally gave in and bought the Trish McEvoy Instant Eye Lift stuff as I’ve had my eye on it for years. I think it’s good, but I’ve lost all ability to see myself, like one of those older women you sometimes see with crazy blusher and eye shadow.

Oh yes, I’ve just started on the Eve Lom cleanser I got in my advent calendar, and it’s pretty hideous at first go. The smell is weird, and it’s so thick and hard to manipulate. I thought it was meant to be a cult favourite.
Last edited by Ella77 on Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Oh, I love Eve Lom cleanser but haven’t used it in years. It is kind of medicinal-smelling and thick.

I have a hankering for a nudey/shell pink eye shadow (cream?) as well as needing concealer and to try highlighters so I’m planning to sneak a trip while I’m on my own in town this afternoon.
Disco

Post by Disco »

I love that eve lom cleanser. It gets looser the warmer the ambient temperature.
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

I love the Eve Lom cleanser and it definitely gets looser. I also love the medicinal smell.

I recently picked up this lovely Pür lipstick. It’s a velvet matte but feels almost feels like dry powder and has great staying power.
A219FC36-5A86-431D-8B49-7A8034C87CD0.jpeg
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

The concealer is a does-it-all type. https://www.superdrug.com/Make-Up/Face/ ... 3/p/751535 it’s quite thick and the coverage is good.
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

What shade did you get, pip?
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I got C3, which is the pale with pink undertones. The first line of each description on the Superdrug site tells you the shade, which helps. Plus loads of bloggers have reviewed it.
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

I'll have a look on blogs, thank you!
Tyla

Post by Tyla »

I'm back again - my spending ban seems to have come undone so I need to try harder :ella: .

I bought Clinique Black Honey Almost Lipstick, Clinique Naturally Glossy Mascara and another NYX matte metallic lip creme in Madrid which is a 'wine red pearl'. I bought the mascara after seeing Bean's recommendation in the mascara thread and I am very impressed with it.
It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "what about lunch?"
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

I spotted this Sunday Times Style Awards deal on the Sali Hughes forum. You can pick any 6 products for £25 (plus P&P). Apparently some things come back in and out of stock all the time.

https://www.latestinbeauty.com/blog/sun ... Affiliates?

I’ve wanted to try the Suqqu brow pen (usually £22 each) and the Elemis cleanser for ages, so this is what I ordered. The other products are just a bonus really!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
absley

Post by absley »

That looks like a good deal, Ella.

I've been using some new Elemis products - i bought a gift pack from their new (?) superfood range:
*papaya enzyme mask - this is an old product and I have wanted to repurchase for ages.
*facial wash - I like this, it is not drying, smells fresh and does the job ( I use it in the shower, in the morning)
*superfood day cream - I tried this when the weather was colder and it wasn't rich enough, so I'll wait untul we get closer to summer then try again. I expect it'd be good for people with oilier skin
- superfood oil - also not rich enough when I tried it so will try again later.

I also tried a Kiko lip balm that was, I think,recommended on here as a black honey kind of dupe. It did the brilliant double job of making me look dead and having a smell I disliked, so it went straight in the bin. :))
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

I love the smell of Elemis products.

That was me with the Kiko, sorry old chap. :bolt: