Magic Beans

Tips & tricks to make your bumhat beautiful.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Re: Magic Beans

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I think it’s Dim Light. I have it in the trio too, I think (is that radiant, candle and dim?). And I also have a full sized yellowy one. Diffused Light?
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Lovely. I can never remember which is which but I like them.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

They’re all beautiful and you’re right, they last ages.
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

Ella77 wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:59 pm I think DCL generally gets good reviews. Marth, I can’t remember where you stand on this stuff so it might not be pertinent, but City Block has fish in it (unless that has changed very recently).
I couldn't see fish in the ingredients.

The Rimmel £3.99 eye liner I mentioned the other day is just brilliant. It has stayed on my upper lids ALL day. That never happens, ever. Even my UD24/7 is gone from my upper lids by the time I get to work. I did prime with concealer then set with Rimmel Fix and Matt powder (which apparently is very good also). I am quite amazed as make up just doesn't stay on my face anymore.
Malan
Luna

Post by Luna »

My DCL facial sunscreen arrived today - fast service! Just as the weather has gone to shite. It's goes on quite thickly but absorbs into the skin really quickly with no whiteness and no greasiness. Smells a little earthy. Have yet to try it on under makeup which will ascertain how much use I get out of it.

I am now interested in Odacite oils which I was looking at in SpaceNK this lunchtime. I didn't realise you pronounced it like audacity but with an o.

https://www.cultbeauty.co.uk/odacite
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

It’s not down there as pisces collagen or something like that? Good, maybe they’ve stopped using it.
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

Ella77 wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:29 pm It’s not down there as pisces collagen or something like that? Good, maybe they’ve stopped using it.
Not that I can see. I saw some old ingredients and I think it may have been in there at some point. Now also they put any shite like that in bold.
Malan
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

It definitely used to be there, so that’s great.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

That’s good news! I need an SPF and was going to buy Soap & Glory.
Cosmopolitan

Post by Cosmopolitan »

Those Odacite oils are lovely. But the bottle is so small they run out quickly
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

I know I wang on about Aldi and their creams but I have just bought a serum (the Soy one for old skin) so that I have some in my wash bag for the gym and it's really quite nice, not too heavy and makes my old skin feel soft and plump(ish)

I also had a splurge on Avon as I kept forgetting my make up bag in a morning and I can't subject my unmade up face to people all day. I bought the Color Trend Fresh Face Liquid Foundation and Color Trend Translucent powder which were on offer at 2 for £4, along with a glimmerstick in grey, a Mark blusher in Desert Rose and a Kabuki Brush - all for the princely sum of £18 including delivery!

I wasn't expecting high hopes from the Avon stuff but it's actually not that bad, it seems to stay on fairly well.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

I’m also a fan of Aldi skincare, and I really rate Avon lipsticks, shower stuff, body care and leave-in hair conditioners too.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

I like Aldi moisturisers too. I have the Lacura Renew Day Cream and one of the night creams and they are good.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Ella77 wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:14 pm I spotted this Sunday Times Style Awards deal on the Sali Hughes forum. You can pick any 6 products for £25 (plus P&P). Apparently some things come back in and out of stock all the time.

https://www.latestinbeauty.com/blog/sun ... Affiliates?

I’ve wanted to try the Suqqu brow pen (usually £22 each) and the Elemis cleanser for ages, so this is what I ordered. The other products are just a bonus really!
Thank you for posting this! I got this, and got the Dr Sebagh serum repair (usually £69) and the combination of that and the azelaic acid I had already been using for a while have revolutionised my skin. :love2: I saw a photo from last night, when I got ready to go out in a hurry and just had a bit of BB cream rather than proper foundation or any concealer, and the lighting was probably half of it but my skin looked fine for the first time in ages.

The other things were a bonus really for me too , but I also got that same brow pen and I also noticed my brows on the same photo look a lot better. I also got a small pot of Eve Lom (still will last a good while), Rodial dragon's blood sculpting gel, a bright reddy pinky Nailberry nail varnish and a Max Factor mascara. I didn't know what I was doing, but I knew I needed a brow thing, a mascara and a red nail varnish. :))

Who knew that people look better if they bother a bit? :lol:
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Ooh, nice one! I quite like the brow pen so far. It my be a touch severe for me, but it’s weirdly easy to use.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

It is. I got the khaki as it was the only colour they had left (and they claimed it was "off black" - my eyebrows are actually black but black brow stuff is too harsh so I thought it was worth a try, especially as I had my money's worth with the serum anyway). I was very dubious but my brows definitely looked better to me, and I was pretty speedy at putting it on rather than taking lots of care.
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
Luna

Post by Luna »

Nailberry nail varnish is great. I am wearing one today.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

A friend bought me these. Ice Queen, Queen Bee and Black Lace Rabbit.
82A95CA0-34E4-41F4-A35B-C1E77B365C61.jpeg
I also bought the Hi Lash Bye Lash set from Clinique. It’s a full size TTDO balm and EMUR, and a mini mascara, but for about £1 more than just the balm alone. There were other samples & free delivery too.
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

Show us Black Lace Rabbit on. (Oo-er :flirt: )
Toast
Delboy

Post by Toast »

Oooh, I was planning to switch to TTDO when me Emma Hardie runs out, I'll look into that offer. Thanks, Pip.

I bought a few things when I was away recently but I mostly just topped up things I'd run out of. I did buy the Benefit Gimme Brow though and I really like it. I tried the Glossier too but preferred this. I went to the Glossier showroom too. It's a nice concept: all the products are laid out with applicators and lots of mirrors for you to try things. There are sinks with cleansers and hand creams so you can clean your hands. They only let a limited number of people in at once so it's not too crowded and you can really try everything comfortably. I wasn't blown away though. I think I am a bit resistant to brands that the Gleambots fangirl over but it all just seemed a bit style over substance. I like the cleanser (Ella kindly sent me a sample) and I like the lipgloss too but I don't really wear lipgloss. I wanted to like the cloud paints but I'm just useless with cream blusher so I think that was more user error than anything else.