Magic Beans

Tips & tricks to make your bumhat beautiful.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Re: Magic Beans

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I just used Just For Men beard dye to do my eyebrows & I’m pretty impressed. It beats plucking out the grey ones. :uhh:
Luna

Post by Luna »

Noice.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

I bought the new Bobbi Brown vitamin enriched powder today, Sali Hughes raved about it on Instagram recently so I was sucked in by that. It was £40 though! Stuff has got so expensive.

I also bought SH Facial oil, I've not tried it before but I like her other skincare stuff.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

I I got a Liz Earle vanilla and clove bud set from Boots for £30. It has a full size hot cloth cleanser, shower gel and body lotion. Just the cleanser is £22 if you buy it separately so it was a bargain and smells amazing.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

That sounds lovely!
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

I finally gave up on ever finding Good Genes in TK Maxx again :cry: and bought it while there was 20% off in Space NK.
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

I've bought a gua sha and a silicon scalp massager from Sephora and I'm enjoying using both of them. They both feel very pleasing.
Glint

Post by Glint »

I was using cheaper moisturiser, which I though was good, until I ran out and opened Dramatically Differrent + I have now discovered I need to pay a bit more again, and will probably repurchase the Clinique.
FiveO'Clock

Post by FiveO'Clock »

Have you tried the Aldi dupe, Glint? My friend convinced me to buy a few bottles when we were last in Scotland and I honestly can't tell the difference.
Glint

Post by Glint »

I haven’t, but will have a look - thanks.
Hazey_Jane

Post by Hazey_Jane »

Not glamourous but the water here is really hard, so I got some Living Proof shampoo, “perfect hair day” after seeing recs online. And I have to say that my hair feels a lot less loaded down with product.
Rosa

Post by Rosa »

That's a good shampoo.

I've rediscovered ColorWow's Dream Coat, and it's got my hair through the recent stormy days.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

I bought this set as Bobbi Brown site has a 25% discount for Black Friday. I love that mascara and the other stuff looks nice too. I think it was around £45 so I think there's another discount applied.

https://m.bobbibrown.co.uk/esearch?form ... 1699724472
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

I've been wanting a new brush for ages and finally bought a Bonne Brosse while it was discounted and I had a Liberty gift voucher. OMG I'll never use another brush again. It is truly amazing! I might get a matching one for Liv - she's totally coveting mine :))

I deliberated a long time on the colour and went for blue:
Screenshot 2023-12-02 at 13.47.22.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I tried my friend’s brush on Thursday & it was the best I’ve used in a long time. Sadly, she bought it in a panic in Faro airport, so I’ve tried to find one similar on Amazon.
absley

Post by absley »

Interesting, emma! I needed a new paddle brush recently and went with an Aveda one instead, which I hate.
absley

Post by absley »

absley wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:36 pm
Turtle Bean wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:27 am I've got something called Rapidbrow to make my eyebrows grow thicker. I expect it is the very definition of magic beans but we'll see.
Have you seen any change Bean? I know it's only been a week but I think I already have additional brow hairs that I didn't use to. I think it probably also dyes the brow hairs that you do have, so they show up more, and this may be what I am noticing atm.
Just to say, I'm still using this diligently (above post was April 22) and my brows continue to (v v slowly) get better. I also still use the lash serum but changes here are less noticeable.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

emma_p wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 2:39 pm I've been wanting a new brush for ages and finally bought a Bonne Brosse while it was discounted and I had a Liberty gift voucher. OMG I'll never use another brush again. It is truly amazing! I might get a matching one for Liv - she's totally coveting mine :))

I deliberated a long time on the colour and went for blue:

Screenshot 2023-12-02 at 13.47.22.png
Is it as good as a Mason Pearson? I'm a bit of a snob about them since using my great aunt's as a little girl.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Better! I really love this brush so much.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

Bugger! Now I want one. :ella:

I have discovered ELF thanks to Lisa Eldridge. Their eye primer is fabulous and I got a concealer following this video which has been lip-changing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHOqJLHZqD8&t=5s I feel guilty about it being in plastic but nobody's perfect.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored