Magic Beans

Tips & tricks to make your bumhat beautiful.
Hazey_Jane

Re: Magic Beans

Post by Hazey_Jane »

I was feeling a bit down in the dumps yesterday- I was going out to a concert and tried to do some eye make up and fucked that up so everything had to come off and be done again. And then I realised that it had been so long since I last wore foundation that it felt weird and like a mask and I just felt very meh. Now I have job where I can’t wear make up every day vs peak Handbag 20 years ago when I had a huge make up collection and took the effort regularly.

So anyway to counteract that I went to Kiko today and have some new lippies as everything I had before was matte effect, some new tinted moisturizer to get used to the idea of wearing stuff on my face again and some new eyeliners in bronze, silvery and boring brown but needed. Mission accomplished I think
Last edited by Hazey_Jane on Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

Ooh I like the sound of bronze eyeliner!
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

I went in MAC yesterday because I'd gone to Manchester without a lipstick which is unlike me. Anyway I got one and the nice girl there did my face. I might need the MAC face and body foundation, it went on my sweaty menopausal face lovely.
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

That’s a lovely colour.
Red

Post by Red »

That is a very nice shade.
I do not need another lipstick but I'm lusting after MAC Paramount though I'm telling myself its more of an Autumny colour and its (technically) spring.
Jesus loves you. Everyone else thinks you're an asshole.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

I bought a new brow product the last time I went to my brow lady: Benefit - Precisely, My Brow Wax and it's so good! Great colour range and the brush is a really excellent shape.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

This interests me as I'm coming up for a new brow product but Benefit aren't cruelty free. :bomb: FFS, how hard can it be? Animals don't have eyebrows.

My friend and I are going to Lisa Eldridge in Selfridge's this Saturday which is very exciting. I want a new foundation as the one I have is nearly 10 years old.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Benefit say they don’t test on animals: https://www.benefitcosmetics.com/en-gb/faq.html
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

They claim this, but they sell their products in China. They've been deliberately obtuse and wording it very carefully - "Benefit does not test our products on animals" - but if you sell in China your products must be tested on animals, either by you yourself or by China (which you have to submit to in order to sell).

That's why only companies who refuse to sell to China are cruelty-free. I came a cropper with Laura Mercier for the same reason.

Benefit, like some other cosmetics brands, exports our products to countries worldwide and strictly adheres to the rules and laws enforced in each country where it operates. Regarding China, as of May 2021, “general” cosmetic products (which make up the bulk of our assortment) can be imported into China without having to be tested on animals. This is important progress; however, the government authorities still require cosmetics companies to make “special” cosmetics available for testing.

We at Benefit are deeply committed to the elimination of all animal testing and support this crucial step toward a progressive future.

If they're "deeply committed to the elimination of animal testing" they can refuse to export their products to China until the rules change. L'oreal are inventing a 'skin' which they're hoping will appease the Chinese gvt, but in the meantime continue to export to the country meaning China have no reason to change their policies. (Selling via the website doesn't count, it's about exports)

Sorry Emma, that's not a rant against you; it just pisses me off how much we have to search to find this stuff out (and that companies still do it).
Last edited by Lily on Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Disco

Post by Disco »

emma_p wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:26 am I bought a new brow product the last time I went to my brow lady: Benefit - Precisely, My Brow Wax and it's so good! Great colour range and the brush is a really excellent shape.
Oh I need to look at this. I use the Precisely pencil and 24 hr brow setter but now I see they've got new products including your wax. Interesting, I need to read.
Disco

Post by Disco »

Now I want all the new brow things.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

The Lisa Eldridge foundation is lovely! Really smooth and light. I am a convert.

isambard

Post by isambard »

Im wearing the LE foundation today! My shade is number 9. It's remarkable how much it mimics real skin, isn't it? Her shade range is great and the bottle is beautiful, my only comment would be that it's not the best foundation if you have problem skin- when my acne is flaring up, I need something a little heavier.
Last edited by isambard on Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Disco

Post by Disco »

I have bought Benefit's new precision eyebrow pencil and was pleased there is 15% off this weekend.
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

There is meant to be a lot of Charlotte Tilbury stuff in TK Maxx this weekend. I am sceptical but will nip in later.
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

TK Max have got loads of Rodial* and Olaplex online at the moment, if that's anyone's thing? They also have La Prairie, if you think £400 rather than £500 is a good deal.

*not the good stuff, don't get excited.
Luna

Post by Luna »

I saw that they had some reduced vanilla perfume on their website. £699 reduced from £3,000. :mog:
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

Fucking hell. Surely vanilla perfume is just vanilla perfume? Vanilla always reminds me of Glade candles.

Which reminds me, a friend gave me a sample of Baccarat Rouge and I swear to god it smells exactly like an early 2000s Impulse.
Luna

Post by Luna »

Such a bargain! Quick - there’s only three left. :mog:

https://www.tkmaxx.com/uk/en/christmas/ ... p/42711363