Magic Beans

Tips & tricks to make your bumhat beautiful.
emma_p

Re: Magic Beans

Post by emma_p »

My colleague ordered that, hippy! I meant to ask her how it worked out (she is a make up junkie). Your collab box sounds great too, Luna.
Luna

Post by Luna »

The box is such good value. The Dermalogica spf is worth £60 odd quid alone.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

I’m so happy with the WA products! They have skincare included and it really seems to be suiting my skin - I realised my old primer must have been giving me little spots, I haven’t had any since I switched :perky:

I’m terrible at selfies but:
IMG_9385.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

You look absolutely lovely!
Luna

Post by Luna »

Fab! I have eyebrow envy.
Rosa

Post by Rosa »

I'm so tempted by the Westman Atelier Complexion Drops, and your skin looks great there, emma! What shade did you get?
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

I have Atelier III. I definitely recommend going to Liberty to get matched. I was sceptical of the skincare claims but my skin really has improved since I've been using it - I'm barely using the concealer.

One thing to note, their products are unfragranced and the complexion drops smell a bit like the Votary oils. Not unpleasant but not to everyone's taste!
Rosa

Post by Rosa »

Thank you! I see a trip to Liberty in my future.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I have bought the Versed retinol eye balm that I’ve fancied trying for a while. I really like this brand.

I’ve also got a Bobbi Brown shadow stick in Porcelain Pearl. I’ve been wanting a shiny/wet look eyeshadow for ages. This stuff is great because it achieves that without budging, unlike an actual balm/highlighter would.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

Have you looked at Lisa Eldridge's liquid lurex eyeshadows, Pip? I've got a few of them and really like them.

I need a new mascara as the last one I got was distinctly average so I looked up Sali Hughes's recommendations for tubing ones and have got Surratt's. Look Fantastic have a deal on where you get two products for £32 plus free postage PLUS free Audible trial :blah: so basically it felt like I couldn't not buy it.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

I’m trying this out on my gnarly hands and it’s great so far. Doesn’t feel too greasy.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
FiveO'Clock

Post by FiveO'Clock »

The Bobbie Brown shadow stick sounds good, Pip. Do you have a photo you'd be happy to share?
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I don’t have a photo, but I can vouch for how good they are.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Those BB eyeshadow sticks are great! I have a couple of them.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Cosmopolitan

Post by Cosmopolitan »

And I see they do double-ended Bobbi Brown sticks now, even better.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

Because I’m highly suggestible (they sent me a discount code) and love the dopamine rush of fun parcels being delivered, I’ve placed an order for some new face goodies as well as a replacement pot of Pyunkang Yul Deep Clear Cleansing Balm.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Monsters University is Squeak’s No. 1 movie of all time. She says it has everything.

So there’s no way we weren’t going to order things from the new Revolution collab.
Last edited by Pippedydeadeye on Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

Hmm. I kind of want that myself.
Rosa

Post by Rosa »

emma_p wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 9:30 amI definitely recommend going to Liberty to get matched.
I ended up in Selfridges as opposed to Liberty, and bought the WA Complexion Drops in 1 and Liquid Super Loaded in Rose (described as an illuminator). I like them both. The complexion drops feel so nice on, and the illuminator is subtle, but works.

My skin is good with oils, so the squalene/oil base suits me. I'm not sure the drops will completely take the place of Chantecaille Just Skin (favourite tinted moisturiser) and I'm currently switching between them.

Also, on oils, I've used Sunday Riley's Juno and Luna oils for years, and decided to add the CEO Glow oil (vitamin C & turmeric) to try. It's turning out to be my favourite of the three, and I wish I'd bought it before. It's not cheap, but a little goes a long way.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

I really like oils too and they really seem to suit my skin as I get older. I didn’t try the liquid super loaded illumination but like the sound of it! I’ve been obsessed with the highlighter stick I got (nectar) and they gave me samples of the contour stick, another blush and a different highlighter (lit). It all feels so nice on my skin and lasts really well.