Magic Beans

Tips & tricks to make your bumhat beautiful.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Re: Magic Beans

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I was browsing Boots last night and realised they’re discontinuing one of my favourite No 7 foundations, the Aqua Cushion one. It’s a fiver and also on 3 for 2 so I’ve stocked up. Only online, they’re already off the shelves in store.
Luna

Post by Luna »

I bought the Indeed Labs hydrating booster serum and it's fab. I bought it on this website which has a third off all Indeed stuff.

https://www.justmylook.com/skin-care-c17
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

I’ve bought the CeraVe cleanser for normal/oily skin and also impulse bought this moisturiser.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

In my never-ending quest for something to make my eyebrows look less shit, I bought the Hourglass Arch Brow Volumising Fibre Gel in Soft Brunette last week. It’s good! If you have very weedy eyebrows, consider giving it a try because it really does add volume and make brows look a bit more fluffy (but not). Try it around the house first, because I made bit of a mess with it initially :)). My eyebrows are still fully shit, but less so. (FYI Soft Brunette is actually quite dark.)
Toast
Delboy

Post by Toast »

That sounds good, Ella.

I’ve bern using the new IT Cosmetics pencil which I like but it’s one of those retractable ones and the lead has come out. I’d say I’ve used it less than 10 times. I might see about returning it but I don’t think they’re in store.

I bought the Hourglass mascara recently which I like.
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

Ella77 wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:18 am In my never-ending quest for something to make my eyebrows look less shit, I bought the Hourglass Arch Brow Volumising Fibre Gel in Soft Brunette last week. It’s good! If you have very weedy eyebrows, consider giving it a try because it really does add volume and make brows look a bit more fluffy (but not). Try it around the house first, because I made bit of a mess with it initially :)). My eyebrows are still fully shit, but less so. (FYI Soft Brunette is actually quite dark.)
I think I need this. I love Hourglass stuff and I have the worst eyebrows. Are there quite a few shades? I'm very ashy toned so struggle with finding a decent match sometimes.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

There are, and most of them are quite ashy rather than warm. There's a sort of muddy blonde one that is worth a look; I nearly went for it myself despite having mid-brown hair at the moment because I didn't want anything too dark.
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

Excellent, thank you!
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

That sounds excellent, Ella. I will also check it out.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

I think I wanted to order that one last time I ran out of eyebrow stuff, but it was out of stock. I got the Laura Mercier Brow Dimension Fiber Infused Colour Gel instead, which is is lovely.
Figaro

Post by Figaro »

I’ve recently bought some Chantecaille Just Skin, which is undoubtedly the nicest tinted moisturiser I’ve ever used, which is a great shame because it’s also undoubtedly the most expensive.

I’m currently trying to find a niacinamide serum that I like - the Ordinary and Face Theory ones are pretty effective but they aren’t something I could use during the day as the rest of the formulation doesn’t sit well under makeup and can go flaky and peely even without makeup. The Verso hydration serum apparently has some in but I don’t know how much but it seems less effective in that respect (but otherwise is lovely and hydrating). I might try the Alpha H stuff next.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I really like this essence, and niacinamide is the second ingredient listed. https://www.marksandspencer.com/restore ... /p22451089 I’m going to buy a third bottle soon, it lasts for ages.
Figaro

Post by Figaro »

Ooh, that sounds really good, and it’s a bargain too.
Toast
Delboy

Post by Toast »

Does an essence go after serum and before moisturiser?
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

It’s 20% off tomorrow with Sparks too.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Toast wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:37 pm Does an essence go after serum and before moisturiser?
Before serum. I cleanse, tone, spritz, essence, serum, moisturise. It’s a very simple routine. :)
Toast
Delboy

Post by Toast »

Thank you. Is this in the morning or the evening?
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

That's my morning routine. I don't bother with the essence in the evening, though I easily could add it in somewhere.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

I bought this toner along with some more rose hip oil and a box of max strength Stridex pads.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

That Neutrogena moisturiser I bought up thread there is brilliant. I properly love it. It wouldn’t be enough for dry skin but it’s good for my combination skin.