Magic Beans

Tips & tricks to make your bumhat beautiful.
Ella77

Re: Magic Beans

Post by Ella77 »

It should do :yes:.
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

That’s a timely reminder, thanks Est - that cleanser is on M’s Christmas list and I keep meaning to just buy it (seems a bit boring for a present!), so I’ve just ordered it too.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I bought Squeak that cleanser and she can’t use it too often because it stings her skin. She’s using the carbon theory soap at the moment and that seems to be really good.
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

Pippedydeadeye wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:15 am I bought Squeak that cleanser and she can’t use it too often because it stings her skin. She’s using the carbon theory soap at the moment and that seems to be really good.
Thanks Pip. M regularly burns her face off with what I assume is an out of date tube of Duac, so I don’t think she’ll mind if it stings.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

I have rhino hide skin on my face as nothing ever seems to faze it.

I’m super curious and wondering if it’s ok to ask a guy at work to see before and after pics of his partner’s $3k facial peel she just had done though. I’m tempted with a clinical (not $3k though) peel.
Hobbes

Post by Hobbes »

lazzbo wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:45 pm I'm looking for an eye cream for what looks to be the beginning of wrinkles all up in that area when I smile. :mad: (This is what I should do instead of smiling).

Does any wise Turtle have a particular mad fave I should be plumping (HO HO HO) for? :spin:
I love the No7 eye cream Lazzy.

I’ve started using The Inkey List Salicylic acid cleanser around my chin area where I’ve been getting a lot of hormonal spots lately, and it’s brilliant, my skin is so clear again.
Figaro

Post by Figaro »

I don't find that CeraVe cleanser burns my skin, although I wouldn't use it more than twice a week or so. It is a bit drying but really good for hormonal skin.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

My skin’s been really dry & dehydrated as a result of being indoors with central heating all day so I bought Versed Skin Soak on SH’s recommendation despite it supposedly being rich for oily skin. I can report that it’s not too rich at all and my skin is thanking me.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

I’ve ordered some Differin (adapalene) online from the US as I’ve been having a few hormonal break outs on my chin and also to use it for its anti-ageing effects.

I’m enjoying that salicylic acid Cerave too. However I’m not a massive fan of the Paula’s Choice Vit C serum I bought somewhere up thread. I prefer a less watery serum (and it’s been staining my fingers!)
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I pinched Squeak’s salicylic CeraVe and like it too.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I hate myself for it, but I’ve bought myself the ELF putty eye primer in rose and sand on SH’s grauniad recommendation.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Why do you hate yourself, Pip? :))
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Elya

Post by Elya »

Yes, why? I was tempted too - much cheaper than the hush coatigan she influenced me into on Instagram!
Elya

Post by Elya »

And her fake tan recommendation completely changed my life - at least a 93% improvement in early summer months.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

sally maclennane wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:22 pm Why do you hate yourself, Pip? :))
Because she really is awful.
sally maclennane

Sali Highes? I like her. Why is she awful?
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

She’s very shrill and patronising. And yet I hang on her every word.
sally maclennane

I like her, she knows her stuff.
Luna

Post by Luna »

This box was delivered yesterday from my favourite website Naturissimo. Everything in it is gorgeous and for £20 it’s a bargain. This one is sold out now but I’d recommend it if they do it monthly. It was packaged so nicely- all recyclable. The Tara Harper moisturiser is hideously expensive but I’m hankering for a full size already!
E392F55C-8782-425C-A437-5965FC311D33.png
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

My Paula’s Choice Vit C Booster seems to have oxidised (it’s much darker in colour now and smells weirder than it already did) so I’m ordering this today to replace it.