Magic Beans

Tips & tricks to make your bumhat beautiful.
Luna

Re: Magic Beans

Post by Luna »

House of Fraser has 20% off beauty including Charlotte Tilbury moisturiser which is £60 down from £75 at the moment,
SPRING20
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

That’s such a good deal! Wish I could justify it.
Margo

Post by Margo »

Yay! I can always justify Charlotte Tilbury! Thanks 😊
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Oh yeah, Mike Ashley. That’s a good reason not to too.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I’ve had to stock up on basics, and these are coming via Amazon/ebay (thanks to Dands for the EH eBay tip!).

Korres Jasmine showergel (my absolute favourite scent in the world)
Maui curl smoothie leave in conditioner (I bought it, hated it, started using it up in conjunction with Cantu curl custard, realised it’s great)
Footner socks,because the time is now to do this
Emma Hardie moisture boost vit-c cream (I like this almost as much as CT Magic cream)
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I got an early birthday gift of a Charlotte Tilbury voucher so I’ve used it to buy the cream eyeshadow in Marie Antoinette, and Pillow Talk Medium lipstick. I dithered over Tell Laura, but I already have MAC Lady Danger and they seemed similar. Plus I’m forever buying coral lipsticks on a whim and then realising that they don’t really suit me.
Dandelion

Post by Dandelion »

I am still loving the EH vitamin C moisturiser, it smells so good. My order from Cult Beauty arrived the other day so I am alternating it with The Ordinary cream and it is working well.

I love the Maui hair range, too. Especially the shampoo and conditioner in the bright pink bottle.

I have some birthday money burning a hole in my pocket - fancy hair stuff (ie. not from the supermarket :)) ) could be a good shout during lock down.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

That is a good idea, Dands.

Some tipsy shopping this afternoon. I missed the April Space NK gift (again), but an online chat later with a lovely person & they’re sending me a replacement, alongside my order of Hourglass Ambient lighting powder in Diffused Light (a rebuy) and another Lipstick Queen lipstick, Coral Red Sinner ( because I need to scratch that itch).

I just realised though, buying lipstick when we might all need to wear masks is a bit bloody silly. 😷
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Paint it on the outside of the mask :teacher:.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

M&S are doing a free Nuxe gift when you buy 2 products. I tried buying a cleansing oil and a hand cream, but it wouldn't give me the gift so I had to buy 2 oils, and also the hand cream as I love the smell of it.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

Pip, you could just use it for #lockdownlippie posts.

Lush are finally taking orders again which has made me ridiculously happy. I also want an Hourglass eyebrow gel but Space NK's P&P is ridiculous unless you spend over £40 and I don't want to do that.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

The gift looks lovely.
absley

Post by absley »

I had a sort out of cleansers yesterday. I dumped an Una Brenna vitamin c cleansing oil as I hate the smell - not sure if it's gone off; it's orangey but also quite chemically. I also finished an Eve Lom sample which was definitely not as nice as I remember from when I used to use it years ago - I'm guessing the formula hasn't changed as it's such a classic, just that my preferences have?

I have just started Green Clean which is a lovely balm by Farmacy, that I bought having tried a sample of. I have also started a sample Balance Me Cleanse and Smooth balm which I hadn't realised had little exfoliating bits in it - I am undecided about it for now, as it seems to leave a residue.

I recently bought the Lisa Eldridge Velvet Fawn lipstick as both my usual nude lipsticks (Max Factor) are stuck in London. I look like death warmed up with it, unless I have smoky eye shadow on, so that treat was a qualified success. :mog:
Hazey_Jane

Post by Hazey_Jane »

Oooh I meant to update this with my latest acquisitions. I found the original Orla Kiely perfume online recently after looking for a few years (I think it was discontinued and presume a job lot showed up when the shut the shops) and to get the free delivery I ordered the Emma Hardie Prime and Perfect. Am slightly annoyed at myself because I thought it was moisturizer which i could do with at the moment but still it promises to be good. Just have other primers and SPF to use up before I start this one
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

I've just bought Farryn Amber skin milk and got a large sample of Botanical Balm to try with it. Perfect timing as my beloved Meow Meow Tweet skin cream ran out today!
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Luna

Post by Luna »

Lockdown madness made me buy a CT foundation. The magic one. It’s awful. Thick, orange and patchy. Ugh. :verm:
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Oh no!

I did a Superdrug order yesterday for Squeak’s preferred coconut toothpaste. To make it worthwhile I also got a couple of the MUA blushed creams to try (they look like the Glossier cloud paints and are £2.50!), a Maybelline gel tattooeee eyeliner and Claudia Winkelman’s H&S shampoo. And one of the L’Oréal clay masks for Squeak.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Luna wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 12:43 pm Lockdown madness made me buy a CT foundation. The magic one. It’s awful. Thick, orange and patchy. Ugh. :verm:
Send it back for a refund!
Luna

Post by Luna »

I bought it through Feel Unique. I'll have a look at their returns policy. Honestly the old Rimmel one I just finished looks better than this!
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

I have just ordered a pay day treat of a Molton Brown shower gel and candle (GingerLily). My mum bought me some stuff from there for Christmas and my birthday, including the mini candles set. The Gingerlily one was the nicest, and also the strongest smelling one. I was quite disappointed in the Rhubarb and Rose candle because I love that scent, but the candle really didn't give off much of a scent. I got a 3 travel size sample pack for free, and also a tiny perfume sample - I chose a Jasmine scent so we'll see what that's like.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse