2019 Empty Bottles

Tips & tricks to make your bumhat beautiful.
Ella77

Re: 2019 Empty Bottles

Post by Ella77 »

I find that too siliconey for me, but I know it’s considered very good.

Yes, I bought mine on the 2nd Sept, I think, from the pop-up shop :)). It lasted well.
absley

Post by absley »

* Tata H purifying cleanser - I love this, especially when I'm wearing sunscreen. I already have a replacement but am going to try a sample size of her regenerating cleanest first - it seems similar but with scrubby bits in it.

*Elemis superfood facial wash - this is nice for in the shower/ when I'm travelling, and was a sample size that came with a full size version which I used up last year.

* Bumble & Bumble thickening spray - this is rubbish; it just makes my hair knotty and fluffy. I don't remember where/when I got it, but it's going in the bin.
Red

Post by Red »

absley wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:47 am * Tata H purifying cleanser - I love this, especially when I'm wearing sunscreen. I already have a replacement but am going to try a sample size of her regenerating cleanest first - it seems similar but with scrubby bits in it.
I loved this, Its a lovely scrub for first thing in the morning but I couldn't justify the £60-ish I think price to re-purchase.

After FINALLY sorting out my congested skin I've been sticking to what I know works, but things I've finished this year:

The Ordinary HA moisturiser. Bland and very thick, nothing lux-y about this but its unfailingly good. I must be on my 5th tube.
Hydraluron Moisturiser (white tube). Bought on a whim but not worth £25 and not as good as The Ordinary.
Paula's Choice BHA lotion. Re-purchased.
Kate Somerville Liquid Exfolikate - very good and I will re-buy.
Vichy 89 Hydrating serum. I'm using a Beauty Pie one which is just as good for a fraction of the price.
Sanctuary Spa Shower foam thing, the white lily one. Used several of these.
Nars Sheer Glow
Hourglass Caution mascara
Nars Audacious lipstick in ... something or other.
Jesus loves you. Everyone else thinks you're an asshole.
Luna

Post by Luna »

I've almost finished my DCL c scape cleanser which was nice but I might go for the Emma Hardie one next as CH has a 25% offer at the moment.
absley

Post by absley »

Does it just rinse off with water, Red, or do you think it needs a flannel?

Fabulous that you have found things that work for you.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I’ve finished a bottle of Cerave this morning and have another ready to go. While I love Renaissance gel, this is just better value for money and leaves my face feeling lovely in the mornings.
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

I finished my pot of Darphin 8 flower nectar cream:
http://www.allbeauty.com/gb/en/1191669- ... IwEALw_wcB

I've just seen it's reduced on that link but I still can't repurchase until I've used some of my other stuff up.
Red

Post by Red »

absley wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:43 am Does it just rinse off with water, Red, or do you think it needs a flannel?

Fabulous that you have found things that work for you.
You can rinse with water easily.
Jesus loves you. Everyone else thinks you're an asshole.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Right, I’ve finished with (but not finished) some more products. I hate wasting things, but these were just no good, so I took the plunge and ditched them yesterday.

- Votary lemon and neroli toning serum. I got this in my advent calendar, but the RRP is £75. Smells like burning Deep Heat and does precisely nothing. I persevered for ages with this, but it basically sucks. No idea what they were thinking.

- Ciaté watermelon lip oil 🍉. Nice smell but very drying on the lips. Bin.

- Omorovicza Magic Moisture Mist. Gave me spots. I kept leaving it for bit then trying again, but nope.
Luna

Post by Luna »

It's so annoying when stuff is shit!
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

I’m more annoyed with myself for keeping things I knew were no good just because I didn’t want to throw them away :ella:.

One good product I’ve just finished :cry: is my Omorovicza lip balm. It’s absolutely amazing, and it should be because you have to sell a kidney to buy it. Back to the Lipsmackers...
Luna

Post by Luna »

One thing I did throw out last week was my CH double cleanse by Pixi. I bought it in an emergency and it was horrible. I've decided that my cleansers need some fragrance. The fragrance free ones take on a really weird odour and this was particularly unpleasant and not that great a cleanser either.
Toast
Delboy

Post by Toast »

People seem to love that don't they? I do like a lot of the Pixi stuff I tried but was put off this by the CH connection.

I'm liking the Body Shop camomile cleanser at the moment although the packaging drives me mad. I hate the Emma Hardie packaging also. Maybe it's me.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I’d rather buy two separate cleansers. And after this weekend, I’m steering clear of anything too obviously linked to an “influencer”.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

The Emma Hardie packaging is dire. If Pip hadn’t kindly sent me a mini I’d never have tried it, and that would have been a tragedy because it’s my favourite now.

I also agree that cleansers must have a slight scent. I hear good things about the DE one, but it’s unscented, so who the fuck cares? The CH Pixi one always looked shite to me, so glad to have that confirmed.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

I’m a total convert to the Oskia cleanser, I just finished the travel sized one I got to take on holiday. I love the smell of it.
Last edited by emma_p on Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

The Clinique one is unscented, but I really like it. I do like a bit of a whiff though.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I hate double walled packaging though, it feels like such a con.
Luna

Post by Luna »

Pippedydeadeye wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:46 pm I’d rather buy two separate cleansers. And after this weekend, I’m steering clear of anything too obviously linked to an “influencer”.
Same here. I was wanting to try the Cerave Cleanser and moisturisers but they are heavily plugged by Gleambots too which puts me off.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Pippedydeadeye wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:57 pm I hate double walled packaging though, it feels like such a con.
And such a waste of resources!

The Oskia cleanser is the best morning cleanser, I love it.