Personal Grooming Under Lockdown

Tips & tricks to make your bumhat beautiful.
sally maclennane

Personal Grooming Under Lockdown

Post by sally maclennane »

How are you looking these days? :))

I should have been at the hairdressers this weekend, and my roots are not looking good. I have dark brown hair which has red balayage through the ends, the red is holding up quite well but my roots need done - they are not as dark as my colour plus there's a fair bit of grey coming through :cry: I think I'll just try to get the root touch up stuff. I'm going to grow my fringe out as I will never be able to cut it, and I can always get it cut back in.

My brows are ok as they're quite sparse anyway so I'll let them grow out and see if they look any better. I have had to tweeze my upper lip and chin, I usually get them threaded every 4 weeks so it's not looking great :wocket:

I am really missing my massages, I have got J to put an Aveda oil on my shoulders every few days which is helping a bit but my neck is really sore, not helped by sitting on a rickety dining chair all day.

I should also have had a bikini wax last week, it's all a bit 70s now :look:

What would you normally get done, and what are you doing instead?
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Re: Personal Grooming Under Lockdown

Post by Kenickie »

I'm really overdue a haircut. I was waiting as I wanted it done for my holiday at the end of March. I'm mainly keeping it wavy so you can't tell quite as badly.

I don't get anything else done.
Last edited by Kenickie on Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
smalex

Post by smalex »

It's mainly just my hair and nails. My nails are gel so they're holding up, but eventually I'll have to start filing them down otherwise I'll end up with 4" long nails or something. I'll just have to go without, and will probably end up biting them again.

I should have gone to the hairdresser next week I think. My roots are quite obvious now. I'll probably try and pick up a home dye box but there wasn't much left in Sainsburys last time I looked.
Luna

Post by Luna »

I was thinking about this as I was chopping away at my fringe this morning. Hair colour isn’t too bad. But man I need an upper lip wax.
The foof does its own thing these days. To hell with it 😄
Disco

Post by Disco »

I only get my hair cut so that's not really an issue.

I pluck my own brows and rarely zap myself with IPL.
Roma

Post by Roma »

I’m really missing my deep tissue massage. I would normally have had one last weekend. I would usually go for a pedicure around now as well.

I have a sensationail nail kit so could do my nails and pedicure but can’t really be bothered.

I have hair colour at home but just one box so I’m saving it for as long as possible.
Last edited by Roma on Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Princess Morripov

Post by Princess Morripov »

My hair is balayage brown through to blonde and luckily I don’t get any greys yet so I will get away with that for the moment.

I usually have my eyelashes done every couple of weeks (Russian lashes) but in a spate of lucky timing I’d had them soaked off for a four week breather before all this started.

I’m also going to use the time to grow my eyebrows thicker as I haven’t been able to previously as I think the in between stage of them looking horrific will last some times :lol:

I do my own nails but have been just doing something uninteresting once a week instead of nice nail art, and I usually get a pedicure/shellac every couple of months so that’ll just grow out.

I am also using the time to wear make up as little as possible (like never) so I’m sure that is being nice to my skin but on the whole I just look dug up 💁🏼‍♀️
Last edited by Princess Morripov on Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sally maclennane

I do my own nails and I have kept on painting my nails as I find it therapeutic to do.
viggy

Post by viggy »

I normally get my eyebrows shaped, lip and chin/neck threaded and a full leg and bikini wax every four weeks. I've been too ill to really bother, but I'll be breaking out the tweezers and home wax strips for my face to try and slow my full transformation into a werewolf.

My boyfriend lives 42 miles away so the rest can be ignored for now. I'll need to think about whether I break and shave my lower legs if the weather really heats up.

My roots are beginning to show, but right now I don't even have the energy to dry my hair properly, so they're kind of the least of my worries.
sally maclennane

Princess Morripov wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:12 pm I am also using the time to wear make up as little as possible (like never) so I’m sure that is being nice to my skin but on the whole I just look dug up 💁🏼‍♀️
I'm hardly wearing make up at all but I have had a couple of massive spots so I'm not sure it's helping my skin at all :verm: I look terrible too but I just can't be arsed with it.
Flora Poste

Post by Flora Poste »

I have blonde highlights and had my last appointment about 3 weeks before lockdown, so I'm good for a few weeks yet thank goodness.

My eyebrows are another story - I normally have them shaped every 4 weeks and, whilst I'm keeping on top of the more noticeable regrowth, they have lost all shape. Luckily, no one is going to see me for a while.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

I only get my hair cut and that’s not often, as in I went Apr 2019 then not again until Jan 2020, so I’m good.
sally maclennane

Wow, I feel a bit high maintenance now :lol:
Rebel Pebble

Post by Rebel Pebble »

It's only hair for me (not dyeing, I do that at home) and my timing was extremely lucky, as I had mine cut on the Thursday before everything got shut down.

I usually go 3-4 months between appointments anyway so I'm OK for now. Lower legs now shaved due to lovely weather and I might even go mad and paint my toenails. :))

Poor Mr R is well overdue a cut. He's going to end up looking like an ageing surfer dude if he's not careful.
Last edited by Rebel Pebble on Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Luna

Post by Luna »

I think Wenders was growing out a short cut though?
baargain
The Baarometer of Style

Post by baargain »

This is good timing. I just did this:
IMG_20200410_111702.jpg
IMG_20200410_121408.jpg
I used to cut it this short in uni days, so I could regrow and redye it. I usually go to the hairdresser every 4 weeks, so it was getting fluffy. I was meant to be there last Friday.

I do my own gel nails, and am still doing it as it keeps them from breaking. I've been putting (less) make up on, as I look like a hairy egg on video calls otherwise.
Princess Morripov

Post by Princess Morripov »

A has said he isn’t going to cut his hair or shave until this is all over. So that’s nice.
Rosa

Post by Rosa »

You look fab, baa!

It's mainly my hair (on my head!) that is a concern (I've had laser treatment on my body hair, and am keeping the tweezers close by for random brow and chin hairs). My roots are beginning to show and my hair appointment is overdue. I'm dabbing Color WOW Root Cover Up on the grey bits for now. I have bought some hair dye, but I'm really nervous about using it, especially as I'm not sure I'll be able to just do the roots so will probably ruin the highlights. I'm not too worried about the cut (yet).

I usually do my own manicures and pedicures, with clear varnish only, so no concerns there. A massage would be nice but I can live without.

All the men from my office now have clipped hair and have grown beards, a look I may end up with too.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

I am in desperate need of a hair cut. I would have been due for one about now which would have put me about right for the wedding but that's been postponed anyway. I would have had highlights done as well but I'll just have to make do with the natural (grey) ones instead.

My brows/lashes are blonde and really need doing but i can get away with Wunderbrow and mascara. I'm not wearing makeup unless I have video call.

Chin and neck hairs are growing at a rate of knots so the tweezers are never far from my side.

I don't bother with my nails so that's not an issue.

I am desperately missing my massages though. After all my physio treatment last year, they have been keeping me going. Gannet has been doing the bottom of my back but it's never long enough.

I am going to have to shave my legs though as it's getting to be shorts wearing weather (cycling/running)
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

Razors, tweezers etc are all in regular use here, because my personal preference is not to turn into a she wolf. Which I would do in about 2 days if I didn't keep on top of it.

However, I was due both an LVL lash lift and a cut and colour the week we locked down.

Lashes aren't an issue (quite apart from the fact that nobody's around to see them, they've improved significantly over the last couple of months as I've been using that UK lash serum that luna mentioned - it definitely works on me). But the hair? Good lord. Greys I can live with, a cross between a mushroom and Crystal Tips I cannot :cry:

Its not exactly personal grooming but I go to the osteopath every third week, and I'm beginning to feel the lack. It would not be amusing to do myself in at the moment.
Last edited by Derek Nimmo on Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.