Personal Grooming Under Lockdown

Tips & tricks to make your bumhat beautiful.
bramblerose

Re: Personal Grooming Under Lockdown

Post by bramblerose »

I think it's really nice Pip.

Thank you all for your lovely comments.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Heebie Jeebie

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

I like that Pip, and also Bramble who I always think looks about 21.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Thank you! :george:
Arrietty

Post by Arrietty »

I think it looks lovely, Pip!
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Meh, I've just had to cancel my appointment :lg: I posted before about my concerns that they hadn't publicised any measures that they had brought in but I gave them some leeway as the girl who owns it had just had a baby. Also I thought they might post stuff today when they reopened but no, just a lot of stuff about how excited they were to be reopening. Later today, they posted a picture of (I presume) the owner's BF holding the baby while sitting in the salon which made me a bit WTF! This is not the time to have extra people hanging about the premises!

I noticed that another customer had posted on their FB page asking whether she should wear a mask and what PPE they were using. I replied saying that I was keen to know this too, so I could comply with their measures (insert pass-agg smiley face here!) The owner messaged me saying this!

Hey I saw your post about ppe, Other Stylist wears a visor but I myself am exempt from wearing a mask so will not be wearing one. It's totally up to you what you want to wear in the salon as its you're own free will, there is no legislation, it is only guidelines that business owners can choose to follow - I am not forcing any severe measures in the salon as it is unnecessary, there is no scientific backing and a lot of the measures they are advising are actually bad for our health let me know what you think but I am here for any concerns or question
And if you don't want to attend your appointment due to this I can always refund your gift voucher

I have replied saying I'll have my money back, thanks!

I always had my suspicions that she was a bit wacky, there were a few things that made me a bit :look: in the past but there is no way I'm going somewhere run by a flat earther! Honestly, of all times you think you'd want to reassure people, it would be right now wouldn't it? I'm disappointed not to get my hair sorted but there are loads of hairdressers around, I'll find somewhere although I suspect I'll have to wait a while!
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Heebie Jeebie

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

That's disappointing Sal. S is working 12 hour days 7 days a week at the moment if you decide to go down the home visit route.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Holy fuck, sal! I wouldn’t be going near that place either.
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

Jesus, Sal. I wouldn’t go near that place either.

I’ve just called my salon and asked what measures they are taking. They’ve taken out some seats (even though they were quite spread out already), everyone has to be masked and all equipment is disinfected between appointments. All good except I now can’t get a cut and colour appointment together for weeks and I can’t get anything for the boys at all.
sally maclennane

Heebie Jeebie wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:07 pm That's disappointing Sal. S is working 12 hour days 7 days a week at the moment if you decide to go down the home visit route.
I have thought about that. I'm tempted as I know her, its just that I generally don't fancy home hairdressing as I don't want to have to sit and make small talk for 40 minutes while my colour develops or wash my hair in the shower.

I said to J that it was telling that she had messaged me rather than responding on the FB page, and now I see she's deleted the original post and my reply! So she's keeping her policy quiet!
Glint

Post by Glint »

That’s disappointing you’ve had to cancel and had your doubts confirmed. I hope you find a better hairdresser soon.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

So she knows she’s wrong, then!
Flora Poste

Post by Flora Poste »

:bolt: You swerved one there Sal!

I think the blonde looks nice Pip, sun kissed, like you've just come back from a week in Mallorca :))
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Blimey sal! I bet you're glad you checked I'm advance!
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Leap
Glitz 'n' Glam

Post by Leap »

Oh my god, sal! I am positively laidback in comparison to lots of people, but that makes me feel a bit sick. It is also extra annoying as thanks to her don’t ask don’t tell policy ( :ella: ) you’ve missed all that time you could’ve arranged an appointment elsewhere, when you were being kind and thinking of her circumstances. I couldn’t roll my eyes harder. The shop will also be populated only by people yakking away about how it’s all nonsense and nobody’s dying anymore anyway so it’s fine.
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

Who (except for children or people who are unable to understand) could possibly be "exempt" from wearing a mask?
Rosa

Post by Rosa »

That's awful, sally! You definitely made the right decision to cancel.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Flora Poste wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:01 pm :bolt: You swerved one there Sal!

I think the blonde looks nice Pip, sun kissed, like you've just come back from a week in Mallorca :))
Rub it in why dontcha? :)

Bloody hell Sal. I don’t blame you at all, that’s really bad.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

That's terrible Sal! Thank goodness you found out before you went.
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
sally maclennane

Leap wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:29 pm Oh my god, sal! I am positively laidback in comparison to lots of people, but that makes me feel a bit sick. It is also extra annoying as thanks to her don’t ask don’t tell policy ( :ella: ) you’ve missed all that time you could’ve arranged an appointment elsewhere, when you were being kind and thinking of her circumstances. I couldn’t roll my eyes harder. The shop will also be populated only by people yakking away about how it’s all nonsense and nobody’s dying anymore anyway so it’s fine.
I know! She's a bit alternative which I quite liked but she's obviously more loopy than alternative. I bet she's an anti vaxxer too. I wish she'd been clearer as I wouldn't have booked in the first place. Anyway, I messaged Heebs hairdresser (as I used to go to her at her old salon) and have booked her to come out and do my hair next week so at least I'll have my hair sorted soon!
Heebie Jeebie

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

Oh that's good. The home visit thing isn't my ideal under normal circumstances but she's a great hairdresser. You can always pretend to have a work call and sneak upstairs while your colour develops.