Personal Grooming Under Lockdown

Tips & tricks to make your bumhat beautiful.
sally maclennane

Re: Personal Grooming Under Lockdown

Post by sally maclennane »

She's coming in the evening so I cant do that :lol: It'll be fine though, I'm just relieved to get someone I know and who has done my hair before!
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Heebie Jeebie

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

Yes I agree. I'd be the same with colour but she might be keen to go and sit in her car or something. And she's a really good hairdresser and there might be gossip about how and why she left :weewee:
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

That’s so shit, Sal. She shouldn’t be allowed to open like that. Is it really just guidance?

When I popped into the salon for my consultation I was the only customer. I had my own mask but they could provide one if necessary, plus hand sanitiser, they wore visors and they sat me by the door which they propped open to allow more air flow.
happyhighlandcoo

Post by happyhighlandcoo »

That's really shocking, Sal and even more so that she's keeping it secret despite pretending it is OK. She definitely knows people won't like it. How awful for anyone who turns up and feels too polite to make a fuss.

I had my hair cut last week. She's not done the best job, it is an annoying length where it isn't above my shoulders and isn't long enough so it is just bunching up. I think I'll just have to hope it grows quickly.
sally maclennane

I don't know if it's guidance or legislation, I looked online but it's not that clear. The FM said yesterday if you go somewhere and they're not observing the guidance, take your custom elsewhere so I'm guessing it's not legislation. She also posted a picture of herself getting her roots done :lol:

HHC, that's what I was thinking, I'm so glad that I asked but others might assume that all the measures are in place and not realise until they get there!
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

That is awful, Sal. I'm shocked and disappointed that a professional would behave like that. Well done for calling her on it. Like she'd have any idea what "scientific research" said.

I love your blonde highlights Pip! It looks great.

I had my hair done on Saturday. Everything was very safe and we wore masks throughout. It's not fun, but it's hardly torture - I've gone chestnut which is very different for me but I really like it for summer. My beautician actually came over and did my eyebrows on Monday - we both wore masks and I feel like I've lost half a stone of hair. Nails this weekend, huzzah!
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

I'm at the hairdresser with the children. She told me on the phone that they needed freshly washed hair but masks were optional (we're wearing them), and it only occurred to me when I was parking that I didn't clarify whether she meant optional for her, too. Fortunately she's wearing a visor or I'd have walked away.
Skips

Post by Skips »

I thought the absolute minimum was the hairdresser has to wear a visor?
rosy

Post by rosy »

Both of you look great, Bramble and Pip.

Sal, that’s so shocking! My hairdresser was absolutely fanatical about masks and shields and sanitising everything, and I know she’s finding it tough with having to have fewer clients and the cost of the PPE but that’s what we all have to do.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Heebie Jeebie

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

That was fine having S in the house. She wore a mask and I had all the windows open and put a mask on myself (though she didn't insist on it). I keep finding hair everywhere though, despite sweeping and hoovering.
sally maclennane

That's good to hear, Heebs, I checked with her when I texted her what she wanted me to do re masks etc so she metnioned that she'd be wearing one. I will be too, and I'll use the dining room so J can stay in the living room to watch TV. Did you get colour done? And did you wash your own hair?
Heebie Jeebie

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

I washed my own but didn't get colour. I had colour done at home when I was pregnant and not allowed out, and it was a faff having to wash it out. For my cut I did have to have it washed for her arriving but that was fine, I just had my shower later.
sally maclennane

Ah, I'm getting colour done and it will involve foils probably so it'll be a pain to wash it out I think. I only have a shower which is over the bath but I guess lots of her customers will be in the same boat so I'll see what she suggests.
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

Hope it goes well, Sal. It is shocking that your regular hairdresser is being so lax. It's in her interests not to have any cases linked to her shop.

I've redone my hair. I forgot how dark it goes as it's been really pale for ages now
Malan
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

That looks so good, Marth!
Marth

Post by Marth »

Thanks Pip. Shame it doesn't totally fade out, but I am liking having different hair for a bit. Did you buy purple shampoo? L'Oréal do a good one. It's really good for my hair when it's just grey. Keeps it bright and non brassy.
Malan
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I did, I got an OGX one so I can stay silicone free.
Marth

Post by Marth »

Pippedydeadeye wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:07 pm I did, I got an OGX one so I can stay silicone free.
Oh good idea. I do like that range.
Malan
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

I have a hair appointment in Manchester on Wednesday. :frolic:
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

That looks ace Marth!
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."