What jeans are we meant to wear now?

wendy james

Re: What jeans are we meant to wear now?

Post by wendy james »

I think they still make workwear in the US too, having googled.
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

Duophonic wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 10:10 am If you're looking to update your wardrobe over summer, workwear is also very in and wearable, dickies, wrangler. Anything that grandad wears 😂
This is basically the SAM's aesthetic.

A few months ago, I asked the chaps to do me a Pinterest board of clothes they liked. I buy all their clothes and they take zero responsibility, but I was worried that I was going to end up buying them Boden dinosaur tops until they were 25. Anyway, the results were fascinating.

ON TOPIC : I have been wearing a girlfriend/boyfriend jean for a while. Preferably cropped. Skinnies look a bit shit on me as I am like an egg on legs. I don't agree that they're a staple though, sorry Luce, :)) as everything becomes risible eventually.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

I feel SO old (I am :granny:) reading this thread.

I will carry on wearing what suits...it's taken me 40 years to find out :))
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

I have hoicked a pair of bootcuts out of my wardrobe to wear today, I’m enjoying them so far. They are flattering to my body shape.
Dáire

Post by Dáire »

I quite like the workwear/baggy aesthetic, though. I read some stuff about how it wasn't just a Lockdown Loungewear thing but younger girls not wanting to wear slim-cut or even flattering clothing and choosing to dress in a more non-sexualised way. Billie Eilish seemed to be credited with bringing it to the forefront but I think it had been going on in fashion circles for a bit. And we all remember carpenter jeans from the 90s :))

It got me thinking about returning to work, and me not really wanting to wear makeup anymore as I haven't for well over a year now, and given I was wearing it 'for me', then I probably won't - I know we've had this discussion before. Like it feels like a mask I'm nervous about giving up in public.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Someone I really like at work has been posting about Levis rib cage jeans. I think they’re very high waisted. She’s willowy and beautiful, so I know they won’t be for me.
Livilla

Post by Livilla »

In a similar vein, Daire, Eileen Fisher, purveyor of loose, tasteful, draped natural fibre outfits to women of a certain age, is apparently seeing a big increase in sales to younger women who value comfort and nondescript over bodycon and standing out.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

I quite like the idea of those rib cage ones. I really wish the trend for cropped stuff would die though. I never want cold ankles.
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

I had no idea that bootcut stuff is so old fashioned. It's one of the few looks I can just about carry off.

I ordered a pair of jeans on eBay which were exactly the same size and style as my Levi's which have got holes on, and they were far too small..:verm: how does that work? The best pair I've ever had were Paige so I need to hawk a kidney and buy some more of them.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

Maybe they'd been Tumblr dried if they weren't brand new?
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
purple_dress

Post by purple_dress »

Tumblr dried! :lol:

I've heard those rib cage jeans taking some wearing in before they are comfortable.
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

See I appreciate Mini's advice, Duop. But as a rule the sort of clothing intended for elderlies only looks good if you are actually really young. :lol: If I wear granny clothing, I just look like a granny.

This thread has not been a bit helpful, thanks. :mad:
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

But we covered a lot of ground, all the same.
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

You did and I always enjoy Diccy's Chris Martin passion.
Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

An update on the mom jeans. I ordered them from Lucy & Yak, measured myself and everything. They arrived and were massive so went back. I exchanged them for another pair two sizes down from the original.

They are the comfiest bloody things EVER!
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
Bat Macdui

Post by Bat Macdui »

Lucy and Yak keep trying to sell me dungarees via Facebook. I presume this is because of my tendency to click on ORGANIC SUSTAINABLE CLOTHING FOR HIPPIES usually. :))

Anyway, thanks to this thread I aimlessly googled jeans and have discovered you can buy low rise ones again after years of NOTHING. Excellent. Ta, Beanio.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

Lucy and Yak try to sell me corduroy mini dungaree dresses on FB. I was tempted.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

My Pilates teacher loves & rates their stuff.
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

I bought a pair of girlfriend jeans from Gap and love them. They are so comfortable and definitely more flattering than skinnies, even if they don't hold my stomach in as well. I'm actually wearing a french tuck today, which I was always far too self conscious to do with skinnies. Unfortunately Gap immediately sold out before I could buy another pair but I've ordered some from Boden and just picked up another pair in Asda :diverse:

I was reminded of this thread when I saw this:
Red

Post by Red »

I ordered some Girlfriend jeans from Sosander and I love them. It took a while to get use the shape after years of wearing skinnies but I'll probably get some more in a darker wash.
Jesus loves you. Everyone else thinks you're an asshole.