Dress for a wedding

Lily
Picker-Lily

Dress for a wedding

Post by Lily »

I have a wedding tomorrow and I don't know what to do..I have had no time to think about this at all. I had nothing to wear because nobody gets married at my age; we're waiting for everyone to get divorced. So I had ordered some stuff, it arrived and looked appalling, so I ran to a charity shop in my lunch hour and got a dress I thought would do, but when I got it home it had a big hole in the back, so I ran to John Lewis and threw money I don't have at the solution. I love the dress but it makes me look bulkier than I am and I don't know how to make it better. Any ideas please?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Lily
Picker-Lily

Re: Dress for a wedding

Post by Lily »

I was thinking about this one with pink accessories if I can find any. But it's not very weddingy.

What do I do? Please help
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

It should look like this... And it doesn't.

Epponnee Rae

Post by Epponnee Rae »

I think that first dress looks good on you, Lily. You have more boobage than the model pic so yes it doesn’t look exactly the same.

If you’re really not happy with it though I can only offer you sympathy as I am in the same boat for an upcoming wedding. I’ve ordered 4 dresses so far, 3 of which either don’t fit as I’m too fat, or just don’t really suit me. I’ve got one more coming and if that is also awful then I’m a bit screwed.
Luna

Post by Luna »

The first one is lovely and you do not look bulky. Chuck it on and have a great day x
Margo

Post by Margo »

The first dress is lovely, Lily; you don’t look bulky at all! Wear it, be glam, have fun!
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

I think the first dress is lovely on you!
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Zoomer

Post by Zoomer »

The first dress is lovely on you. Have you got any slightly higher heels to wear it with?
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

I agree! Also about trying with a different pair of shoes. I think the nude ones are too delicate and a darker/chunkier pair of shoes would make the outfit more balanced.

Is it navy or black, with silvery/lilac embroidery? It’s hard to tell on my phone screen :))
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

Thank you all, I feel a little bit better, although I'm going to see if they have A size smaller I can try on as it might nip in a bit more at the waist. Because I'm big in the shoulders I always want to try to pull my waist in. I'm also very sensitive about my shoulders being emphasised cos they're broad.

I have a pair of pink shoes which I got from a charity shop! I think these look better (the dress is navy,). I can walk in these, they're block heels. I'd love higher heels but I can't walk in them anymore.

Epp, it's bloody horrible isn't it... Men don't have this stress, they just pull on the same suit or buy it the next size up. I really hope you find something. A lady at John Lewis helped me in the end, and I was so grateful. Not a personal stylist as they'd all gone home, just a member of staff! Perhaps that's worth looking at?

It makes me sad really because I used to get so excited about getting dressed up and I had so many lovely dresses. I've sold most of them as they don't fit and to be fair some of them are at least 15 years old so I can't expect them to .... But I used to love getting dressed up and now I don't really care! I just think "oh this will do, nobody will be looking anyway", not in a negative way but just that my mindset has changed and I don't care so much. Hence this last minute crisis!

Luna

Post by Luna »

I like the pink shoes too.
Zoomer

Post by Zoomer »

The pink shoes are lovely with it!
Lola

Post by Lola »

I agree too, the first dress looks lovely with the pink shoes. You could try it a belt if you really want to be more cinched around the waist.
Scooter

Post by Scooter »

The pink shoes are gorgeous with that dress! You look fab: go slay!
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

Thanks all so much for your help! I felt frumpy and not right so thought I'd rally my spirits with a bright pink lipstick which of course I left at home. :ella: But the wedding was BRILLIANT and my dress got lots of compliments! I will try to nip it in a the waist at some point, but I am really pleased with it. Plus, just before I left and rang my friend in a panic, she gave me some very good advice: "It's just one day, and it's not about you." So I stopped caring so much - and as it turned out, had a lot more fun because I wasn't caring so much!