What jeans are we meant to wear now?

Heebie Jeebie

Re: What jeans are we meant to wear now?

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

I ordered some slim mom jeans from ASOS and they are actually OK and very comfortable. They look good rolled up, with trainers. But what are we meant to wear when the weather turns colder and wet? I'm so used to skinny jeans tucked into boots in winter I haven't a clue what else to wear.
smalex

Post by smalex »

I'm stuck with that too heebs. I'm really pleased with my non skinny jeans but they won't be useful come winter
Leap
Glitz 'n' Glam

Post by Leap »

That’s what puts me off them too. Back when we were in offices I looked at the young people :granny: at work to see what their footwear choices were, but it seemed they had exposed ankles all winter long and I’m 100% not interested in that. I think there may have also been some clumpy shoe pairings, but I ruled that out too as the only way to avoid looking hopelessly shit that way appeared to be being 25, or just otherwise very edgy in all your other clothing choices.

The legs of my dungarees are mom jean shaped so I wear them rolled up normally, and may have stuffed them into my fake Uggs last winter when it got cold, but only for walks in parks/nursery drop off etc.
smalex

Post by smalex »

DMs are quite back in aren't they. Clearly they're laughably far from something I've ever been able to carry off, let alone now.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

BUMP

I have finally joined the mom jeans bandwagon (they’re probably out now, aren’t they?) and I rather like them on me.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

I bought some using up the last of my Fenwicks voucher and I’m a convert.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

I’ve picked up a pair of flares in a Matalan order I collected this morning. I’ve not tried them on yet; wish me luck!
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Report back!
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

I'm actually not sure that mine are mom jeans but they're definitely high waisted and not skinny.
Screenshot 2022-01-08 at 13.01.35.png
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Those aren’t mom jeans, but they are nice! Mom jeans are high waisted and more of a balloon leg shape but not hugely ballooned, with tapered ankles.
SunnyMum

Post by SunnyMum »

I accidentaly bought a pair of HM mom jeans. Very high waist. Loose but not baggy thighs. Tapered ankles, but not so tight you have to wriggle out of them inside out. The length of the leg is perfection. I'm a convert.
Disco

Post by Disco »

Those are The Youth jeans, Emma. They look horrible on the model but i think it's the shoes and the top or the composition of the photo cutting off at the shoulders that's making them look weird on her.

Edit - sorry that sounds really horrible! I'm not dissing your jeans. I think you will style them much better than that photo.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

Well, I’m undecided about the flares. The issue is that they’re regular length so they’re a bit too long on me as I’m slightly stumpy of limb.I’d either have to wear heels (which I hardly ever do) or turn up the hems a little, and the latter runs the risk of looking a bit shit as the flare would probably be in slightly the wrong place, starting relatively a little too far down my leg.

I really like the fit from waist to knee, otherwise it would be an easy call to return them*. I’ll try them again later with some taller shoes.

*They were only £9 though and I’ll not be over that way again in the next few weeks unless I make a special (10 mile round) trip.
Starry

Post by Starry »

I’m very tempted by dungarees but I’m afraid I may look like an ageing toddler in them. But they look so comfortable…
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Starry wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:30 am I’m very tempted by dungarees but I’m afraid I may look like an ageing toddler in them. But they look so comfortable…
I've had the pattern and material for a practice (asda sale bedding) and a proper version (black cord) for 2 winters now but know it will be a lot of effort when I'm not actually sure I'll wear the end product. :lol: I should probably find some to try on and see if that helps.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I LOVE dungarees and don’t care how ridiculous I look in them.
cluefree

Post by cluefree »

I have a pair of dungarees that I’ve not been brave enough to wear yet. I look like tweedledum in them so I might just keep them for around the house for now. I love the look of them on other people though.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I feel more like a lesbian painter-decorator in mine, especially if I put red lipstick on.
Hobbes

Post by Hobbes »

I bought some bootcut jeans this week, I’m so glad they are back. They suit me better than skinnies as I’m a top heavy triangle so they balance me out a bit.

They are a subtler bootcut, not as huge as they became when we first wore them!
cluefree

Post by cluefree »

Pippedydeadeye wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:59 am I feel more like a lesbian painter-decorator in mine, especially if I put red lipstick on.
This is the sort of look I actively go for. :lol: