Sack the stylist!

Kleio

Re: Sack the stylist!

Post by Kleio »

This is homeware rather than clothing but who designed cigarette curtains. They really are ‘tab’ tops.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

:lol:
Tabitha

Post by Tabitha »

No wonder they're reduced!
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

When I worked in Nuneaton, the hospital boiler chimney was painted as a cigarette with the Quitline number down the side of it. Imagine those curtains on fire and it was v. similar.
Heebie Jeebie

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

Tab tops :mog:
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

Wiggle wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:16 am Out of interest has anyone ever ordered from Wish?
Loads. :lol: Often late at night and/or when drunk. It's extremely variable quality. For every bargain you get, you will also get a perplexing and dreadful item. Don't order clothes - they are sized and cut for tiny Chinese people and are almost always not the fabric they say they are. Also, they're completely morally bankrupt and sell all sorts of horrendous things. BUT, like Smal, I've had some silicon moulds from there and they were fine - some little stationery things I got were also very good.

Their algorithm is very aggressive - if you click on an image of a sock once, it will show you socks forever. Which is fine if it socks, but I often tap a picture because I'm not sure what it is and then get some sort of awful anal funnels advertised to me for weeks. :uhh: The SAM and I play a game where we see how many clicks it takes us until it starts suggesting things with swastikas on. (as few as 5)
Roma

Post by Roma »

I get so many of these ads from Wish and others. Some of the clothes look so lovely and I’m tempted to order but then I remember that I’m likely to receive a doll’s dress made from plastic :mrgreen:
smalex

Post by smalex »

You've got to watch the postage on Wish too, I bunged (even more) silicone moulds in my basket the other day and then was astonished by the total because some of the postage was a lot more than I thought was reasonable.
purple_dress

Post by purple_dress »

Blondiejude

Post by Blondiejude »

To back up ruby, I ordered from wish in lockdown (bored, glass of wine down) and can also say their sizing is random. I ordered two dresses both size 8, one swamped me, one didn’t even fasten at the back. And I have to say the quality of fabric etc was poor (and I’m not one for designer gear etc, 90% of my clothes are from Tesco and sainsburys) no idea about other items though
smalex

Post by smalex »

purple_dress wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 8:47 pm.
:lol:
Luna

Post by Luna »

1DB97E1A-89C7-48F8-99E8-B34F050CD38C.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
overthehill

Post by overthehill »

My eyes! There's just so much wrong with that.
"Inagh to China Motorcycle Ride" blog, if you're interested: www.inaghtochina.com :))
Panda

Post by Panda »

I love that they finished it off with a hat :lol:
SunnyMum

Post by SunnyMum »

In case she's cold.
smalex

Post by smalex »

FB_IMG_1622183967072.jpg
River Island :lol:

Those are trousers, not even PJs. There was a feather trimmed blouse too. In fact the entire shop was like some weird dream (we only went in in search of petite jeans for my short arsed sister)
overthehill

Post by overthehill »

Urgh! The very idea of feathers makes me itchy.
"Inagh to China Motorcycle Ride" blog, if you're interested: www.inaghtochina.com :))
Leap
Glitz 'n' Glam

Post by Leap »

Whaaaaaat is this madness :lol: They will never look better than how you’ve modelled them there :))
Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Post by Smunder Woman »

Oh god :lol: That photo looks really like a work friend of mine though, so I had a brief moment of panic :))
smalex

Post by smalex »

Does she wear feather trimmed trousers?

RI was full of joys like this: https://www.riverisland.com/p/purple-lo ... use-781755

Prairie chic on acid.