Items to which I am allured

Disco

Re: Items to which I am allured

Post by Disco »

I think they're very elderly, sorry. I can see them worn with polyester slacks or with oedema cankles.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

:lol: I had a feeling that someone would say that! The quest for the Holy Grail can continue.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Disco

Post by Disco »

Sorry, it might just be me!
Tabitha

Post by Tabitha »

It’s not just you. I imagine them on a flamenco dancer, coming out of retirement for one last hurrah.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Oh god, the Velcro fastening and the bunion-sparing seams are a big no. Plus any shoe name in the Ds - Gs was usually old lady-ish at Clarks. All the shoes are in alphabetical order in the stock room, and the style families are named together. I once spent a very happy summer doing the deliveries and avoiding the shop floor as much as possible.
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

Ha, I've got those Clarks shoes. I bought them to wear for work when my plantar fascitis was particularly bad. I don't think they look that bad to be honest, depends what else you are wearing.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

I wore something very similar when I used to go salsa dancing, back in the day, they had a buckle fastening though. They were also from Clarks.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I want these gold white stuff cowboy boots now but they’re out of stock everywhere. And it’s not like there’s anywhere to wear them so I’ll get over it.
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

They are very nice though.
Malan
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

Turtle Bean wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:11 am Ha, I've got those Clarks shoes. I bought them to wear for work when my plantar fascitis was particularly bad. I don't think they look that bad to be honest, depends what else you are wearing.
I was thinking of pairing them with thick coloured tights and short skirts like the Snag models.

Still on the search for boots I can walk a long way in, I'm eyeing up these. Are Fly boots comfortable?

Luna

Post by Luna »

I have a pair of Fly shoes and they are really comfy and have lasted years.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

Thank you. I am tempted to give them a try. I like the tan ones I have at the moment but I can't walk too far in them.

Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I might have been too influenced by bingeing S4 of The Crown, but I kind of love this.
Leap
Glitz 'n' Glam

Post by Leap »

S4 Crown was my first thought too! For the same reason I would be wary of it being a shiny polyester, but I might be having static flashbacks.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

It’s M&S Autograph so could be ok. And could easily go back.
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

ParisGal wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:31 pm I am dithering over a H&M purchase. Am I too old for a cardigan with big sleeves?
I got this as a Christmas present from MrPG in the end and I love it so much. I have narrow shoulders so the raglan cut fits me really well, it's really warm and the sleeves don't get in the way because the cuffs are really long. Only negative is it sheds a bit.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

You’re meant to pop it in the freezer in a carrier bag to stop that but I’ve never tried it.
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

Hmmm :puzz:
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

I'm moving this post from the knitting an crocheting thread, as nobody seems to have seen it on there, and I would value your input :))
I'd like to ask the hive mind about this, please?

I have yarn to knit this in two colours - cream and mid/dark grey. As you will have noticed though, the pattern uses three colours. I plan to make the sleeves straight, as the flared ones would get on my nerves. I have enough of each colour to do probably two thirds of the jumper, but not enough of either to do it all. I would like to make it colour block anyway. The yarn is super bulky alpaca, so will be very warm, and probably mostly worn outdoors.
Screenshot 2020-12-28 at 18.45.48.png

My question is - how would you divide the colours to use two instead of three? Would you just continue the second colour to the end, or would you knit the bottom to match the top? Or make the join at the midpoint? I thought it would be better to make the top bit in the darker colour, but wondered about making the cowl neck in the cream? What do you think of this plan? I'm not sure.

Any other thoughts?
Screenshot 2020-12-28 at 18.46.28.png
This is the jumper laid out, in case that makes the colour changes easier to see. The bottom bit is in the same pattern as the top, which is why I am unsure about what to do.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

Pippedydeadeye wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:15 pm You’re meant to pop it in the freezer in a carrier bag to stop that but I’ve never tried it.
I have been told that hairspray will stop hairy jumpers from shedding, but I would advise trying it on a small and inconspicuous part first :))