I’m with you on the side parting!
smalex

Re: Items to which I am allured

Post by smalex »

I'm not moving away from a side parting. My face is blunt enough
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

My parting doesn't add or take away from my massive round face. I always attempt a side parting but it naturally gravitates to a Bundy-victim centre-parting if left alone.

I quite like a boyfriend/girlfriend jean but you really need to try them on. Slim-leg or straight-leg tend to be really wide around my calf/ankle. I don't know why clothes designers think fat people have giant lower limbs - we are usually Humpty Dumpty shaped
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Yes, my fat is actually not in my thighs to the extent trouser designers think it is.
smalex

Post by smalex »

Mine is. I cry.
AshleyX

Post by AshleyX »

Same, Smal. :cry: I think I’ve given up jeans altogether for now until my thighs shrink a little, especially now skinnies appear to be out. I’d like to try some flares, I think. Mom jeans and my thighs and bum are NOT going to be friends.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Same. Absolutely out of the question for me.
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

I've got huge calves, so skinny jean seams leave incredible marks on them. #sexy
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

I tried the mom jeans and did not love them. There seemed to be too much fabric. I bought two new pairs of skinnies instead.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

I tried the mom jeans and did not love them. There seemed to be too much fabric. I bought two new pairs of skinnies instead.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

I am not going back to how I dressed when I was a teenager so I will wear skinny jeans forever!
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
smalex

Post by smalex »

I'm now completely convinced I look awful in them :mog: but, I said I'd never ditch bootcuts and move to skinnies...and I did...so I'm embracing a change now. I look like a badly stuff sossidge most the time in skinnies. Truth be told, jeans probably don't do me any favours full stop.
Princess Morripov

Post by Princess Morripov »

I think that’s it, isn’t it. Jeans are mainly horrible anyway, aren’t they? :lol:

I think out of probably 25 pairs of jeans I own, maybe only a couple fit well enough and don’t require constant hoiking back up throughout the day.

I’ve been trying to be ruthless and get rid of any that are just annoying to wear, but I’ve no clue where/how to replace them as jeans shopping is a full on :ttth:
Luna

Post by Luna »

Shopping in store for jeans is a painful experience.

Jeans of my youth were skin tight, can’t breathe in them for a good couple of hours, possibly needed zipping up with aid of a coat hanger. And it was all about what your bum looked like in them.
smalex

Post by smalex »

I've usually only got 3 or 4 pairs on the go, I much prefer dresses but sometimes you just need a pair of jeans.
Princess Morripov

Post by Princess Morripov »

That said I do just live in jeans and a jumper. It feels a bit extra to put a dress on to sit in my house all day during the week :lol:

I have just ordered three new pairs of skinny jeans thanks to this thread :lol: must make time to inevitably return them next weekend :lol:
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

I love jeans but fitting is a nightmare. I think skinny jeans are the worst for this. 50% of the skinny jeans I've bought felt great in the shop and then went baggy after the first couple of wears. The other half I decided to buy so they were a bit tighter in the shop and they've stayed so I can hardly breathe with them done up.
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

I think if there was an alternative which had proper pockets that things don't fall out of (even dresses with pockets don't keep things secure, I think maybe zipped pockets is the only solution) I'd give up on jeans but there isn't.
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

I love jeans and live in them all the time. I need to replace several pairs but don’t know what shape to go for now. I’m pleased skinnies are on the way out since I am tree trunk of leg.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

I love jeans too. I’ve worn the same style since au found my perfect pair in j crew. But I really want to get a wide leg pair the same cut as my navy sailor trousers. I will need to do it in person though. I can’t bear the thought of trying to find a new style of jeans online!