Items to which I am allured

cluefree

Re: Items to which I am allured

Post by cluefree »

emma_p wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 12:18 pm It is like the crocs in top form :mrgreen:

I honestly do still harbour a secret yearning for the strawberry crocs :cry:
Life is too short to yearn. Get them and proudly wear them with your strawberry blouse. :hbeat:
cluefree

Post by cluefree »

Also I looked at Saltwater sandals after I saw you mention them, emma, and now I really want a pair of bright red buckle ones like I had as a child.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

I love Saltwater sandals so much :love2: I now have four pairs - black, tan, gold and white. They are so comfy.
cluefree

Post by cluefree »

You are not helping with the enabling, Nince. NOW I WANT ALL THOSE TOO. :verm:
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I’m dressed as a toddler today anyway, in a bright striped t-shirt and dungarees. Just need strawberry crocs to top it off.
Leap
Glitz 'n' Glam

Post by Leap »

I once had a pair of wide leg trousers that were a really flattering shape and fit, PLUS pockets. They were in a sort of pastel stripe fabric but I felt adventurous and the fit really, really swayed me. I wore them loads, right up until I was staying with a friend and when I came down the stairs for dinner one night she asked why I was wearing my jammies :cry: She was right, in a solid colour they would’ve been fine but the stripes were too much, and I couldn’t unsee it after that.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

I buy lots of fabric that is prints because plain never catches my eye. It means I make a lot of dresses and tops (which I can then wear with jeans or a selection of plain trousers I have). I got some floral trousers down from the loft recently but every one of my current plain tops makes me look like I'm wearing pyjamas and they've gone back up for now. I think it's because they're vests and previous years I wore plain t-shirts with them.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I’m a real sucker for a patterned trouser.
smalex

Post by smalex »

Obviously I used to own a lemon print dress, so I can't really talk, but the strawberry print does really evoke Strawberry Shortcake (I had to google that to remember what she was called!) and I can't get by that.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

I do like a patterned trouser myself. I have a couple of Zara-y paperbag style with vertical stripes (one is cream/yellow/black, and the other is brown/purple/black), and lots of cheap summer drawstring/elasticated floral or abstract print ones, the latter mainly from Matalan.
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

I bid on a pair of patterned trousers just yesterday. I'm not overly bothered by the pj issue, more about not looking like the climbing trousers men wore in the 90s (or is that a "thing" I've imagined?).
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Actually I like this strawberry print shirt, but it’s very similar to my ironing board cover. :lol:
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

cluefree wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 2:45 pm Also I looked at Saltwater sandals after I saw you mention them, emma, and now I really want a pair of bright red buckle ones like I had as a child.
I can’t tell you how much I love these. I wish I’d bought more in the US where they were much cheaper (and available from Amazon!) but not worn by adult women :))

I have tan, navy, rose gold sandals and a pair of tan sliders.

Liv loves matching sandals with me :love:
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I live that you can still do that Emma. My “little” girl won’t be seen dead with anything the same as me any more.
Tabitha

Post by Tabitha »

emma_p wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 4:27 pm I have tan, navy, rose gold sandals and a pair of tan sliders.
I have pink, olive, rose gold sandals and a pair of tan sliders. I should triplet up with you and Liv. :))

Get some, cluffers. Come be our quadruplet.
Luna

Post by Luna »

I can’t do lemon and strawberry print after working at Laura Ashley in the 90s 😂
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

You can stand down. I tried the strawberry top on this evening and it looked awful. In fact I looked awful in everything I tried on so I just bought 2 pairs of knickers with seagulls on for Liv! And will buy more saltwaters at the seaside. I’m going to twin with you, Tabs and get olive.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I’m sad for your unfulfilled strawberry lust, emma.

I bought the pink shoes because they’re not available in any local shops and I have so many outfits in mind for them.
Leap
Glitz 'n' Glam

Post by Leap »

Oh good, they are perfect for you, Pip! Please post pics in them when you get them.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I love them and need to clean this mirror.