The Dressing Room

olive
Really Creepy

Re: The Dressing Room

Post by olive »

I’ve been eyeing some Spanx leggings as an alternative for jeans for ages now so picked these up.
B156B36F-E149-4EDE-B341-3871CA61EDBD.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Are they leather, olive?

I just picked up this wireless bra from Uniqlo and LOVE it. So comfy: https://www.uniqlo.com/uk/en/product/wo ... 06000.html
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Those are amazing olive!
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

Amazing in a good way, I hope. :lol: I’m desperate for them to arrive.
emma_p wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:34 pm Are they leather, olive?
No, faux leather.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Yes, definitely good amazing. I love them.
Livilla

Post by Livilla »

I love the leggings too!

I am doing the dance of joy, as I have just spotted and bought on eBay my absolute favourite little black work dress, the original of which I bought from Jaeger 10 years or so ago now - it's a "throw on and look instantly fabulous" classic dress that I still love to bits. Assuming I ever go back to the office, it will be £20 well spent :)) I've also discovered a lovely dress from a now-defunct brand that I love, and so am watching, so it was a good eBay browse!
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I love eBay browsing for the things I nearly bought at the time. That’s how I got my wrap skirt.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

I don’t have the legs for leggings, but I quite like those, olive.

I wasn’t sure whether this should go in Runderpants or here because this is technically a running jacket. However, I won’t be running in it, so here it is.

I only have long, smart coats so I’ve been looking for a more casual jacket (because who needs smart coats at the moment?) with the following attributes:

- has a detachable hood... but doesn’t make me look like a creepy, wizened toddler
- is insulated but not puffy
- is not shiny
- is water-resistant
- does not contain down

Most women’s coats that fulfil these criteria are quite toddlery, so I’ve ordered this in the hope that it’s not too hideous.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

That's nice, Ella. I like how it's fitted and not puffy.
Malan
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

That looks really nice.
Blondiejude

Post by Blondiejude »

That looks really nice Ella, casual but smart/fitted.

I’m also looking for a casual but very warm winter coat as my old faithful for school walking cannot possibly last another year, I’ve had it 5. Problem is it’s freezing (S’S school is on a hill) so it needs to be knee length long and have a hood, but why do they all have massive furry hoods?!?! I just want something for the rain and wind, not to look like a short frumpy Eskimo.

I have ordered this and will see how I get on with it. https://www.mandmdirect.com/01/details/ ... acket-Navy
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

That's really nice, Ella. Casual coats are really difficult to find.
Heebie Jeebie

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

I really like that Ella.
Blondiejude wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:21 am That looks really nice Ella, casual but smart/fitted.

I’m also looking for a casual but very warm winter coat as my old faithful for school walking cannot possibly last another year, I’ve had it 5. Problem is it’s freezing (S’S school is on a hill) so it needs to be knee length long and have a hood, but why do they all have massive furry hoods?!?! I just want something for the rain and wind, not to look like a short frumpy Eskimo.

I have ordered this and will see how I get on with it. https://www.mandmdirect.com/01/details/ ... acket-Navy
I also need something really warm, for playdates in the park. That looks perfect, I'm tempted to order one myself. Would you mind letting me know how big the hood is when yours arrives? I have a tiny golf ball head and struggle with hoods being useless because they often cover my eyes.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

That looks so cosy, Jude.

Thanks for not visibly hating my coat. I suspect it will be too small now that I've ordered it :ruby:.
Blondiejude

Post by Blondiejude »

No probs Heebie! It’s supposed to be delivered this week so I’ll give you a full report.
I’m interested to know how warm it actually is, I bought a padded coat from next last year which is bizarre in that it’s not actually particularly warm, I think it’s because it’s not lined.

I like your coat Ella! But I’d get a cold bum standing around in the school yard. I don’t do cold which is ironic given where I live 😂
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

It does go a little lower on the bum according to the pictures, so :fc:.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

I have a long purple Craghopper coat which has been great for winter. It’s insulated but not quilted. It’s a bit big for me now so I’ll have to see how I get on with it.

I also bought a really nice fitted black Peter Storm jacket in the end of season sale on Blacks in the spring, it looks the same sort of thing as what you were after Ella. I don’t think they stock it any more though. It’s a soft shell water resistant finish.

They still have it in the PS shop though.
https://www.peterstorm.com/womens/07963 ... shell.html
Last edited by H1ppychick on Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

Also I don’t think the hood is detachable. But it would nearly have been right!
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

Ella, I have a virtually identical running jacket which I also rarely run in so is more of a casual jacket and I love it. It’s so handy and gets a lot of compliments which is nice and unexpected for something so practical.
Luna

Post by Luna »

That’s nice, Hippy.