Dressing for autumn

Roma

Re: Dressing for autumn

Post by Roma »

I like wearing leggings and a T-shirt dress paired ankle boots or ballet Pumps. I usually wear a denim jacket with it.
Heebie Jeebie

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

For me autumn is boots and tights, then winter is boots and fleece lined tights with fluffy socks on top :)) It is hard to dress for going out and looking a bit smart though. I just go out looking scruffy now.
Livilla

Post by Livilla »

I seem to have a perpetual hole in my wardrobe for a coat/jacket that is warm enough for those few weeks in autumn when you need an extra layer, but light enough so that you're not boiling when you walk in it for five minutes. A fashion coat, not a technical one, I mean. One day I shalll crack this..

Anyway, in autumn I wear a lot of skirts/A-line dresses with tights, before it gets too cold and I need to wear jeans and warm trousers on my bottom half.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Lily wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:30 pm I am in sandals at the moment due to this ridiculous weather.
It's far too cool in the evenings for me to wear sandals out then anymore :circulation:

I think I need more long dress/skirts.
Disco

Post by Disco »

I've got a kimono 'jacket' that's good this time of year and also a thin bomber jacker with a floral print which is not to everyone's taste, I realise. I don't have a coat equivalent though.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I have a couple of “coatigans” that are slightly more coat than cardigan.
Last edited by Pippedydeadeye on Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roma

Post by Roma »

I have a couple of Trenchcoats I like wearing in autumn. I wear them in spring too, they are versatile I find a bit like my denim jacket.
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

Yes, coatigans are perfect for this time of year as are trench coats.

Dic has reminded me that I have a thin denim bomber jacket that I’ve only worn twice in 3 years as I keep forgetting about it and the window to wear it is so small.
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

I have a lovely coat from Uniqlo that is only to be worn for a few weeks Spring and Autumn. I completely missed being able to wear it in Spring due to the lockdown, and now it's too warm.

I wear dresses, skirts and tights in the winter. With knit tops or shirts and cardys.
Malan
Livilla

Post by Livilla »

I don't own a coatigan. I am wondering if this might be a good way to dip my toe into this?

https://www.whitestuff.com/womens/knitw ... o_s=gplauk
smalex

Post by smalex »

I've got a poncho type thing and find it useful at this time of year. That one is nice.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

The White Company has a nice looking coatigan, but I wasn’t convinced it wouldn’t be a bit itchy.

https://www.thewhitecompany.com/uk/Coat ... atch=Camel
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

That one doesn’t look too itchy, actually. I saw one in Uniqlo that looks nice online but was horrible and dressing-gowny in person. And one in Toast that looks lovely but possibly itchy.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Cape scarfs and ponchos are useful when it gets a little warmer too.

I can get my duffel-cape our soon! :love:
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Here’s the Toast coatigan I’m hoping isn’t itchy:
20AF883E-EE97-4757-A679-F591D3B902BE.jpeg
Flora Poste

Post by Flora Poste »

My khaki shacket fills that hold for me - and a massive, grey wool cardigan (it's definitely more cardigan than coatigan) that I only seem to wear in September as it's perfect for those crisp morning school runs before it gets warmer later in the day.

I'm a bit gutted actually as I had the perfect shacket from Top Shop which was just the right khaki, but it went a bit faded in patches and I've really struggled to find a replacement. I have one now, but it's a bit too apple/ grass green and I wish I'd sent it back, but it's too late now.
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

Livilla wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:51 pm I don't own a coatigan. I am wondering if this might be a good way to dip my toe into this?

https://www.whitestuff.com/womens/knitw ... o_s=gplauk
I have this. I love it. I also have a coatigan that has already seen some use on evening walks this year.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

I have a couple of light coats that are only suitable for autumn and spring - an open front one from M&S (a few seasons ago - annoyingly they have nothing similar in this year) and the other is vintage Harvey Nichols, an absolute bargain from a vintage shop in Wales. Not helpful :))
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Ella77 wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:35 pm The White Company has a nice looking coatigan, but I wasn’t convinced it wouldn’t be a bit itchy.
I ended up ordering it in the sale, and it's just arrived and I'm really pleased with it. It should keep me warmer in the study now that we're heading into the coldest months. I do look as though I should have my own jewellery range, though. (Let us not speak of the trousers and shoes in this picture.)

Last edited by Ella77 on Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

The Toast cardigan isn't in their sale. I'm glad you have one though Ella!