Socks

Toast
Delboy

Socks

Post by Toast »

Please tell me where you get your socks from. Any type of sock chat is welcome but I am particulary interested in thick socks that go above the ankle and aren't itchy. The sort you wear with pyjamas or lounge wear but not bed socks.
Froozy

Re: Socks

Post by Froozy »

I love these wool/silk JL ones. They're very soft, not bulky and don't overheat your feet.
Heebie Jeebie

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

I buy Primark cosy socks. They feel like putting your feet into a cloud. They lose a bit of their mojo after a few washes but are still lovely.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

For general shoe/leisure trainer wear, I like the Sock Shop Gentle Grip ones. They don’t cut off your circulation.

I’m looking for good sports socks for gym dance and Pump classes, which have padded heels but don’t have the elasticated mid-fooot/waist bit and are cotton-based, if anyone can suggest recommendations for that.
purple_dress

Post by purple_dress »

Beatrix wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:17 pm I love BAM socks, they’re bamboo and are extremely soft, warm and hard wearing. They do lots of different types. They are pricey, but if you only want a few pairs I’d really recommend. I managed to get a free pair from somewhere and they had me hooked.
Yes! They sent me a free pair in the post for no reason a while ago and they are lovely.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Seasalt arty socks, the ones that aren’t ribbed for her pleasure.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Heebie Jeebie wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:45 pm I buy Primark cosy socks. They feel like putting your feet into a cloud. They lose a bit of their mojo after a few washes but are still lovely.
Cheap and cheerful but so cosy! I have quite a few pairs that are years old and they are still cosy and soft.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Toast
Delboy

Post by Toast »

I can't easily get to a Primark but will remember those if I pass one, thank you.

I had some Seasalt ones, Pip and they all unravelled. They wouldn't replace them either, although it was a local store so maybe that's why.

I like the sound of the BAM ones and will add some of those JL ones to my basket for next time I place an order. Thank you!

Carry on though, if you like!
baargain
The Baarometer of Style

Post by baargain »

Thought socks are v good too, possibly better than BAM.
Toast
Delboy

Post by Toast »

I’ve just had to buy an emergency pair of socks and went for Thought. They feel nice so far.
Froozy

Post by Froozy »

H1ppychick wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:01 pm For general shoe/leisure trainer wear, I like the Sock Shop Gentle Grip ones. They don’t cut off your circulation.

I’m looking for good sports socks for gym dance and Pump classes, which have padded heels but don’t have the elasticated mid-fooot/waist bit and are cotton-based, if anyone can suggest recommendations for that.
I can’t picture exactly what you mean but love the sweaty Betty socks and think they match your requirements. They’re costly but last for years.