House Buying Is More Stressful Than Divorce, Death or Bankruptcy

Dáire

Re: House Buying Is More Stressful Than Divorce, Death or Bankruptcy

Post by Dáire »

"Nine's had two offers and four viewings booked in 24 hours, matey, jog on. She's beating 'em off."

The EA can spin it :lol: I still remember the lengthy story of the rich Londoner the EA told when I asked if there'd been any interest. Fib til they raise that offer!
Livilla

Post by Livilla »

Fingers crossed for your new offeror nine, and how shitty of your buyer. We had nervous first-time buyers who pulled out the day were were supposed to exchange because they were paranoid about the fact that they might have to spend some money on something on the house their were about to buy. :ella:
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Thank you. People are dicks. Don’t offer on a period property if you want a new build.

I now have three viewings tomorrow. I’m having a serious think about what I’m going to do. I’m definitely going to sell the flat, but I’m wobbling about buying the house. This has given me a chance to consider - the vendor knows my sale fell through.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

I've had two further offers and one from last week has increased his offer. The best is near asking price. I've asked for his best and final.
smalex

Post by smalex »

Oh, that's positive Nine?

I'm not sure what to say about reconsidering the house. What is your wobble about it? That it ties you more to living here, or about the property itself?
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

That's really good news about the offers nine.

I'm looking round the very few and far between, super expensive short lets near here today and tomorrow as it dawned on us how quickly we need to get that sorted out at the weekend :cry:
Last edited by emma_p on Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dáire

Post by Dáire »

Glad you're over that nob of a buyer, nine!

We're exchanging today, moving either tomorrow or Weds. Exchange literally in process right now. I'm still worried something will go wrong - buyers just have to confirm now. Everything's in boxes. Bit stressed.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Everything crossed for you Daire!!
Tsu

Post by Tsu »

Fingers crossed, Daire.

I was back outside my old house at the weekend and they've done a fabulous job with the Christmas lights outside. I'm really glad they seem to be enjoying the house, they were a really nice young family. I hope they will be as happy there as we were.
Tsu

Post by Tsu »

Oh, that's good nine. You must be totally fed up with it all by now.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

smalex wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:03 pm I'm not sure what to say about reconsidering the house. What is your wobble about it? That it ties you more to living here, or about the property itself?
A few things came up in my solicitor's report, which I received a couple of days before my buyer pulled out. There are no building regs for the wall that was knocked down between the living room and dining room and no building regs for the lean-to (both done long before the current owners moved in). Also the boiler was not registered with the local authority when it was installed four years ago (by current owners) and has never been serviced. It all makes me very nervous, so will need looking into and possibly replacing. Plus I am worried that while the area is fine, it's not my "dream" area, and I will be really stretching myself to buy it, so any work I need to do to correct the above may take years to save up for. In addition, I am waiting to hear from my solicitor if my lender needs to be informed about the building regs stuff.

On top of that I am jittery about Brexit and the way this country is heading, and wondering if I should invest my money buying rental property in eg Scotland instead and go and see the world. Or hold on to my money and go travelling while I work out what to do next.
smalex

Post by smalex »

The lack of building regs wouldn't put me off, I don't think. The servicing of the boiler might a bit.
I completely empathise on the general atmosphere in the country, though. It's so difficult. If I wasn't tied here for work, family etc, I'd probably feel the same.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

smalex wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:10 pm The lack of building regs wouldn't put me off, I don't think.
Doesn't it potentially affect insurance and the mortgage offer?
smalex

Post by smalex »

You can get indemnity I think? You can also get it signed off by building control (in theory). I did some work for a couple who bought a house with unapproved loft conversion. They got the insp round, added a handrail at his behest, got it approved. Obviously it could be more complex than that, but not
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Thanks Smal.

I've just accepted an asking price offer on the flat. :perky: £22k above what that bitch was paying in the end. In your face, bitch. I hope she can't find anything now.

ETA: My brilliant agents got me five viewings and four offers since Wednesday morning. It ended up pretty much with sealed bids - they all increased their original offers.
Last edited by nineseven on Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Woohoo!
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

:perky:
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

That’s great!
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

:frolic:
Rosa

Post by Rosa »

That's great news, nine! And I hope the move goes well, Daire.