Rattus Rattus

Squirrel

Re: Rattus Rattus

Post by Squirrel »

Derek Nimmo wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:09 pm automatic "It's another fucking rodent!" panic attack at every single unexpected noise
This is painfully accurate :cry:
Little My

Post by Little My »

Gosh, rats. I'm so sorry, that must be a whole new level of horror! :cry:
smalex

Post by smalex »

emma_p wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:04 pm Why did I buy another house with a shared drain?
Most houses have shared drains!
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

You know what I mean though, we're the ones with the shared drain in the front garden of our house. So any blocked drains, rats coming in etc - we get the brunt of it.
smalex

Post by smalex »

I honestly don't! is it a manhole causing this beef then?

You have been very unfortunate! :cry:
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Yeah - in our old house the old victorian cap that's meant to stop rats getting in to your house from the drain had come off. I imagine similar has happened here too. But I'll find out when Thames Water come to investigate.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

smalex wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:38 pm You have been very unfortunate! :cry:
Seriously! Our house in DC had mice and actual rats in TWO houses here. WTF? I might move to a concrete bunker :cry:
smalex

Post by smalex »

:cry:

You're making me fear the fly/maggots out the carpet nightmare might happen again.
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

:cry: Oh emmap. It's horrible. The rat man and the water board will sort them though.
smalex

Post by smalex »

Little My

Post by Little My »

No!
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

I feel fully justified that I’ve always kept toilet seats closed now!

We are one rat down :weewee: An adult, which is apparently good. We still have a bit of scratching in the walls and we did actually see a rat outside in the garden at the weekend. Thames Water were not at all helpful but I have other drain people coming today to clear the drain and put cctv in the pipes so :fc:
Toast
Delboy

Post by Toast »

I hoped I'd never have to join this thread but we have a rat in the garden. It ran over my foot yesterday :nerves:

It hasn't come into the house but it's spending a lot of time on/under the decking which leads out from the back door. It's running between here and my neighbour so I've told them but they don't seem too bothered.

I don't know what to do. Call the council? Another neighbour a couple of doors along says he has them too but is equally unbothered. It ran over my actual foot though. I have to go outside regularly to take Ziggy out (he's terrified also) and it's pretty brazen. Originally it was sticking close to the fence, edge of the deck but I was standing in the middle of the deck when the foot incident happened yesterday.

Please help me :cry:
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

Pest control, definitely.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Ugh a rat did that to me once when I was a student. I second pest control.

I've seen foxes in my garden brandishing dead rats a couple of times now. Get a fox?
Toast
Delboy

Post by Toast »

I've got tons of foxes! All they do is terrorise the dog, chew my shoes, gardening gloves and other precious items and shit everywhere. Oh, and screech all night.

I will get in touch with pest control, thank you both.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

I used private pest control for my recent rat woe and honestly the council pest control was just as good and much cheaper. They just took a bit more chasing to come initially and since the tat was in the cellar this time it felt that but closer to our living space and I wanted someone to come and fix it ASAP!
Toast
Delboy

Post by Toast »

I might have to go with private pest control. The council website tells me to book a visit via 'phone and the recorded 'phone message tells me to book via the website so I'm not getting anywhere :ella:
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

My private chap was cheaper than the council’s proposed price when I had a wasp’s nest and a possible rat/squirrel in the loft.
Little My

Post by Little My »

I'm kind of hoping your rat sorts out the foxes, Toast! But yes, running over your foot, wth?!

We found a teeny (dead) shrew in the basement a couple of days ago. Hoping it was a one-off. Well done, cats.