Hoover Recs

Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Re: Hoover Recs

Post by Marth »

I have a Henry as well as a stick shark. The Henry is brilliant for tough work, but I find it hard to store and I find it hard to pull around and it bashes off all the walls etc. I wouldn't be without it for hardcore cleaning though. Actually it's a pink Henrietta :ella:
Malan
Livilla

Post by Livilla »

I have Dyson’s, and think they are great, but we had a compact Miele before that, and it was also really good.
Marth

Post by Marth »

A cordless Henry?!? :love:
Malan
Starry

Post by Starry »

Dyson v15 detect, but only if you have hard floors. Otherwise the regular v11.

We also have a robot vacuum that hoovers, mops(ish) and then empties itself. I love it a lot, but only for light jobs.
Marth

Post by Marth »

Starry wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:11 pm Dyson v15 detect, but only if you have hard floors. Otherwise the regular v11.

We also have a robot vacuum that hoovers, mops(ish) and then empties itself. I love it a lot, but only for light jobs.
Mops and empties itself? That's amazing. I love my Robovac. It pootles off every other day and picks up an incredible amount of dust and cat hair from the wooden floors downstairs.
Malan
Hobbes

Post by Hobbes »

I bought a shark last year to replace an old stain, and I love it so much more than the dyson.

Better suction, and the battery lasts so much longer. The dyson is probably a bit lighter, but otherwise I would massively recommend a shark over a dyson.

Now I’ve got a dog, two cats, and endless teenagers drifting in and out I need to Hoover daily, and having sketching I can quickly grab and whizz around is a must.
Luna

Post by Luna »

I don't mind our newer cordless Dyson but I'm not raving about it.
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

I’ve replaced so many bits on the Dyson it’s like Theseus’s ship / Trigger’s broom. I would secretly love it to die properly so I can get a shark. I like the look of the bendy bit so that it goes under furniture.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

I love my Shark, its so easy to use.

I hate James Dyson so would never buy from them again. The Henry company is supposedly very good to their staff although I think their owner is also a Brexit supporter :shrug:
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Starry

Post by Starry »

Marth wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:44 am
Mops and empties itself? That's amazing. I love my Robovac. It pootles off every other day and picks up an incredible amount of dust and cat hair from the wooden floors downstairs.
The dock has a big bag inside it so it sucks it all out and you empty it once every few months instead of every few days. The mopping is like wiping a cloth over the floor, but it keeps the grot on our white, very shiny and annoying tiles to a minimum.
Froozy

Post by Froozy »

Just to bump this as MSE have a 50% off offer for Shark vacs on at the moment.
More info here
Marth

Post by Marth »

Froozy wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:22 pm Just to bump this as MSE have a 50% off offer for Shark vacs on at the moment.
More info here
Oooo I'm tempted to get another one!
Malan