Ideal Homes- Show Us Your New Purchases!

Figaro

Re: Ideal Homes- Show Us Your New Purchases!

Post by Figaro »

We have those lights (and the wall versions) in our sitting room, smal. They’re so lovely in person. Good choice :))
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

Is this nice or a bit twee?
4ECF4D9A-E8A8-4B0F-B232-C77709B9CF4F.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Luce

Post by Luce »

I bloody love it and have coveted a similar one for years.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

I think it’s nice.
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

Thanks, both. It’s definitely a contender but I’m in danger of West Elm-ing my whole house.

I’m sure it’s available in the UK, Santa and it’s not horribly expensive.
Beena

Post by Beena »

It's lovely, olive. Where would you put it?

I've bought orange velvet curtains for the bedroom, which have been sat in their packaging for a week. I can't decide whether I'm embracing the 1970s a little too hard.
Beena

Post by Beena »

John Lewis do West Elm. Or you can order direct. I want a sideboard from them for the sitting room. It'll clash horribly with everything else.
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

Beena wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:38 pm It's lovely, olive. Where would you put it?

I've bought orange velvet curtains for the bedroom, which have been sat in their packaging for a week. I can't decide whether I'm embracing the 1970s a little too hard.
In my hallway. I have a fair bit of space to fill.
18ADE535-A934-493C-9824-453090DB6738.jpeg
Which sideboard is it Beena? I have the Dumont buffet (I think) from there plus now the dining table that goes with it.
Cosmopolitan

Post by Cosmopolitan »

I love it and can imagine reclining on it while on an old fashioned telephone while smoking and drinking a martini. Please do that.
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

Perfect for that space Olive - buy now!
Luce

Post by Luce »

Yes, absolutely perfect. I don't have the space and am on house-spending-ban (self imposed) :cry:
AshleyX

Post by AshleyX »

Agree! It would go perfectly there.
Jet

Post by Jet »

I love that! My friend has some genuinely old fashioned telephone tables as their living room side tables.
Half-ten?! Half-ten?! I've never been up at half-ten! What happens?
purple_dress

Post by purple_dress »

I love that so much, olive! I think I've had furniture envy about everything I've seen you post!
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

I love that olive. I have a properly twee hall bench, that one isn’t at all.

Beena I think orange curtains sound lovely and cheery. I’ll be forever in love with the yellow curtains someone posted on here years ago. Do you have a picture?
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

Thanks, all. Mr O isn’t sure he likes it :lg: plus also we can’t afford it this month so I’ll have to keep everything crossed that it’s still available next month.

I’ve been going mad pinning things and am now working my way through my list. I still don’t have dining table chairs as they keep slipping further and further down my list.

ETA: I also mid-read the price and it is horribly expensive.
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

I've managed to get some nice mid-century stuff from Etsy Olive (and at very reasonable prices) - would it be worth a browse?
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

I’ll definitely take a look. I’m still dithering about a bench vs table in the hallway.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

I really like benches - they’re really useful when you have lots of people round - you can get lots of people, esp kids, seated on one! - and they can go in lots of spots too (hallway, end of a bed, around a table, in a window to make a “window seat” etc).

I found some old wooden cinema/court room seats (that fold up) to go in our entryway. They’re easier and cheaper to find in the US than here - I saw a similar set in Liberty recently for £££££.
smalex

Post by smalex »

I could buy house shit all day long, Olive. My limited space and cash is such a hindrance :lol:

So, for reference, this was my long wished for console https://www.atkinandthyme.co.uk/furnitu ... table.html BUT its marginally too wide (the plastering took up more space than I'd anticipated. I'm gutted, but life goes on I suppose :uhh: ;)

Opinions on the following please:

https://www.atkinandthyme.co.uk/furnitu ... nsole.html I liked this originally, and then I didn't and now I kind of do again. It looks a bit top heavy though?!

https://www.atkinandthyme.co.uk/furnitu ... table.html This is pretty but no drawers (having said that, it does have a shelf at the bottom which I do like as a feature, and we've built in about 840378340% more storage than we actually require so maybe the lack of drawers is ok.

https://www.cotswoldco.com/dining-room- ... ole-table/ Pretty, has a drawer and a shelf. But maybe a bit bog standard? My wallpaper is pink and white though so it would match nicely.

https://www.made.com/lomond-console-tab ... nd-black-2 Black, like my first choice, but a bit heavy and clunky looking?