Gas Prices, Supply Issues and Collapsing Suppliers

Ella77

Re: Gas Prices, Supply Issues and Collapsing Suppliers

Post by Ella77 »

I’m glad you have screenshots. I always take them these days. Companies have fuck-all scruples.
Disco

Post by Disco »

They really do. They tried to point out my d/debit had gone down because my useage had decreased over summer (despite paying an averaged out cost each month for the last decade) yet in the same breath said they hadn't received a reading for my account since March. So are they psychic now as well as cowboy arsehole tealeaf twats. :verm:

(sorry got a bit ranty at the end :lol: )
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

I don’t blame you at all. It was enraging enough when they weren’t quite so visibly robbing us blind.
Disco

Post by Disco »

My heart sank when I read their gaslight crap, as it made me doubt myself and i didn't remember about the screenshot at first, nor which device I'd clicked through from. I had to redact my TMT visits on the screenshot of the date I clicked through to accept the offer :look: but at first I just instantly started panicking and worrying I was not going to be able to find any evidence and be stuck with 1038934857489486578% increase that was announced the day after I took the fixed rate offer.

An older person, less savvy digitally, might not have been able to argue their case.
dizzyd
Englebert Humperdizz

Post by dizzyd »

Is anyone with EON and thinking of fixing ? I've looked on MSE and I'm very confused. I'm not very good with numbers so just need someone to tell me what to do

We got placed with EON after I think it was First Utility went bust.

We're going around our house later switching off all unnecessary plugs
My nail blog - you can also link to my instagram account through there
http://naildart.blogspot.co.uk
Roma

Post by Roma »

I’ve fixed with E.ON, Dizzyd. I already fixed in June though on the NextOnline V15, not sure if it’s still available? It came without exit fees as well.

I fixed because I wanted to lock in a fixed direct debit amount to avoid any further nasty hikes this year and help with my monthly budgeting. My new DD is already more than double the amount I was paying last year. :cry:

I’m still watching my energy consumption of course and currently have a credit balance.

Im hoping going into Winter with a bigger credit and the £400 government help, I will get through Winter ok …
Tsu

Post by Tsu »

My gas meter packed up and the digital screen is dead so I can't submit a reading. I have an appointment to have a replacement (smart) meter fitted at the end of September. I note from their confirmation email that they plan to change both my meters to smart meters. I was told by a previous contractor that there was some reason why we couldn't have a smart electric meter and I never knew you could get smart gas meters so the visit could be interesting.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

You can definitely get smart gas meters, I can't have one as mine is outside though.

I've seen elsewhere that people are being offered fixes at £1k per month. Surely prices can't go that high? I can't imagine anyone could afford that?
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Rosa

Post by Rosa »

£1k per month?! Good grief.

I panic fixed (for two years) with EDF in July, as MSE said it was an offer worth considering. I have no idea if I've done the right thing, but did feel better knowing that at least things couldn't get worse than what I'd agreed to for a couple of years.
Last edited by Rosa on Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beena

Post by Beena »

We did the same, Rosa, and panic fixed with EDF back in April when our last deal ran out, for exactly the same reasons. I figured if the price cap goes down, we can do the sums on changing over.
Disco

Post by Disco »

British Gas haven't got back to me from yesterday's email I sent with receipts. I wonder what yarn they'll try to spin. I feel like they're trying to get out of the offer as the very next day (9 Aug) the prices hiked and Martin Lewis broke his holiday to broadcast online about the urgency of intervention. At least I will feel an inner fire if I have to battle this, that'll keep me warm come winter.
Rosa

Post by Rosa »

I hope you get it sorted, Disco. My money's on you winning (with the effort keeping you warm, as a bonus).
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Get one of the newspaper consumer advice columns onto it if you don’t have any luck. They love that sort of thing.
dizzyd
Englebert Humperdizz

Post by dizzyd »

Kenickie wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:49 pm You can definitely get smart gas meters, I can't have one as mine is outside though.

I've seen elsewhere that people are being offered fixes at £1k per month. Surely prices can't go that high? I can't imagine anyone could afford that?
Good god I don't even earn 1k a month :cry:
My nail blog - you can also link to my instagram account through there
http://naildart.blogspot.co.uk
Disco

Post by Disco »

I'm not letting this lie and will cc in every possible person/ ombudsman of interest. :drill:
Rebel Pebble

Post by Rebel Pebble »

My mum was moved to British Gas after her supplier was one of the first to go bust and they've been a total shit show. Go get 'em, the fuckers.
Disco

Post by Disco »

It's a nightmare for everyone, isn't it. The energy individuals have to spend to simply talk to a human working for these giants is life sapping at the first hurdle.
Rebel Pebble

Post by Rebel Pebble »

Disco wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:18 pm It's a nightmare for everyone, isn't it. The energy individuals have to spend to simply talk to a human working for these giants is life sapping at the first hurdle.
Absolutely, it's a literal waste of life. They couldn't even get her email address right for about three months despite being told repeatedly.
Disco

Post by Disco »

Beyond infuriating.
Tsu

Post by Tsu »

Kenickie wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:49 pm You can definitely get smart gas meters, I can't have one as mine is outside though.

So is my gas meter. Actually, so is my electricity meter.

This will definitely be an interesting appointment..