Ideal Homes- Show Us Your New Purchases!

Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Re: Ideal Homes- Show Us Your New Purchases!

Post by Marth »

It's so grey and gloomy at the moment. The walls need a paint and the side gate is dark brown so I might do a bright pastel
Malan
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

That’s a lovely courtyard, Marth! Not gloomy at all. Is there enough light for olive trees in pots, etc :love:?
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

Ella77 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:08 am That’s a lovely courtyard, Marth! Not gloomy at all. Is there enough light for olive trees in pots, etc :love:?
Thanks Ella. It's east facing with a high south facing side wall. So the last bit of sun currently disappears by 3pm and that's just a slither. It's nice and sheltered though. I'm trying to work it what will grow and waiting to see what comes up in the raised border. I've got a couple of fatsias waiting to be planted out.
Malan
Epponnee Rae

Post by Epponnee Rae »

Marth I love your yard! I’d find it hard not to go ‘Greek’ and paint the walls a bright white with those bright/deep blue accents. I sympathize with an east facing space (I used to face directly north :( ) but does that mean you get good morning light? I hope that in high summer you get a few more hours of afternoon sun than just now.

Ella - yes, one can swim if brave :)) I haven’t done it yet! Of course summer is prime time and we have got pool floats ready for this year! The boat traffic is fairly constant so it’s not good if you want to swim laps or for distance, but dunking/floating closer to shore seems safe. I did see a couple of chaps out there at the weekend taking a dip off the beach without wetsuits! It was a grim day too, so def not warm. The little jetty you can see in my photo (this is a fairly low tide) is only for residents use, so when the tide is higher people do sometimes jump off from there. I know my flatmate has. The shore below us is tidal and there’s public access to the beach outside our building so we get lots of people launching SUPs and kayaks when the conditions are right. My flatmate has both which I can use but I haven’t been out as I’m not brave/stupid enough to do so yet.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

That sounds great!
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

Your view, Epp :love: and your yard looks really lovely too, like it would be a lovely space!
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

That yard is just perfect as far as I'm concerned as a sun dodger :)). And as for your view Epp? Oh my :hbeat:
Rosa

Post by Rosa »

What Derek said, for both yard and view! Perfect.
happyhighlandcoo

Post by happyhighlandcoo »

Wow, Epp! Your view is amazing. Love your new table and the chairs. Doesn't need styling with that view!

Your yard is really nice, Marth. The walls and raised beds are lovely. You will probably find you get more sun as the year goes on. We get a tiny sliver on the ground for about half an hour in February. Now we're getting morning until around 2/3pm. In summer, we get until 5pm. That's north facing so the house blocks the sun. It is exciting to not know what might come up from the borders too.
Margo

Post by Margo »

Marth - when you said yard I imagined it to be a small dark area, like something out of Coronation Street... but it’s beautiful! Such potential and such low maintenance!

Epp... wow. Just wow.
indigo

Post by indigo »

Epp! :faint:
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Lovely patio, Marth! Mine is genuinely hideous with cracked concrete. I can’t wait to change it. For now it’s slightly improved by my new fence and some planters. I also bought an outdoor rug for when it gets warmer and I actually want to sit outside.

Epp, that is a ridiculously lovely view.
Heebie Jeebie

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

Epp! I thought you were being sarcastic about lack of styling and had put a stock photo up. It's so beautiful.

Marth I love your courtyard too. Perfect for festoon lights.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

Ban Epp immediately, pleasethankyou.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Heebie Jeebie wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:19 am Epp! I thought you were being sarcastic about lack of styling and had put a stock photo up. It's so beautiful.
Same :lol:.
Angus

Post by Angus »

Me too! That's amazing. I'm quite jealous.

And Marth, I love your yard!
AshleyX

Post by AshleyX »

Epp! :love:

Marth, your courtyard looks gorgeous too. I love the planters round the edge.
Beena

Post by Beena »

Epp, your view!

I'm jealous of Marth's yard too. I have a thing about walled garden spaces. I really love them, but have never lived anywhere that's had one.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

I'd love a properly enclosed courtyard with olive and fig trees in it :love:.
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

When I have achieved a proper walled garden or a roof terrace, there will be nothing left to wish for in life.