Ideal Homes- Show Us Your New Purchases!

rosy

Re: Ideal Homes- Show Us Your New Purchases!

Post by rosy »

Sadly, I think you are both right. I could easily return the frame to IKEA and get a smaller one.

But above the sideboard needs a big picture, so now I’m on the hunt for a bigger print to go there and I’ll put the bamboo drawing somewhere else. I think it might look better with a slightly larger landscape orientation print anyway.

I’m rubbish at decor. I look at Insta stuff and just feel intimidated by people who seem to do it effortlessly.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Princess Morripov

Post by Princess Morripov »

Just get a mount cut to the right size, there’s loads of companies online that will make them any size.
rosy

Post by rosy »

Thanks, I’ll look into that.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

My fake candles are here and I adore them, thank you so much for the suggestion as I had no clue they existed. They flicker! And the remote works! Really when they are in a holder so you don't have the "flame" directly on display I don't think you'd ever know. I am now purchasing tea light holders for other rooms, as they do not need to be supervised and I don't need to worry about cats setting their tails on fire. And I can click them all off with one button. :love2: I 've already bought some of those little Christmas houses that you put them in.
IMG_20221114_163124.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

Mountain Goat wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:50 pm Thank you, I already ordered some from lights4 fun ( classy name), not wasting any time here. :))
Which ones did you buy please?
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

They look lovely.
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Thank you!

I bought a few different ones Cerise but the TruGlow ones are the best, they give good flicker.
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

They’re really lovely.
Epponnee Rae

Post by Epponnee Rae »

Mountain Goat wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:41 pm My fake candles are here and I adore them, thank you so much for the suggestion as I had no clue they existed. They flicker! And the remote works! Really when they are in a holder so you don't have the "flame" directly on display I don't think you'd ever know. I am now purchasing tea light holders for other rooms, as they do not need to be supervised and I don't need to worry about cats setting their tails on fire. And I can click them all off with one button. :love2: I 've already bought some of those little Christmas houses that you put them in.

IMG_20221114_163124.jpg
I love a happy ending! I am glad that this worked out :)
absley

Post by absley »

baargain wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:11 pm I want to put googly eyes on the bread bin next :lol: it hinges up like a big ol mouth.
Sounds like a marvellous plan! :)) Your bugs look wonderful.

Rosy, I think that larger frame looks a good size, just get a bigger mount, as emma and Pov suggested. I've got things mounted, without framing, at traditional framing shops too, so you don't need to do it online if you have someone local. A coloured mount might be nice?

I bought a new vase at the weekend, at a ceramics open studio event. It's porcelain and there are some narrow crevices within the design, that I love, but are apparently flaws, so it was reduced.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

So pretty, abs!
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

It really is, and looks like it would be beautifully tactile too.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

The crevices sound like a lovely tactile feature, not a flaw, good work.
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Oh it’s beautiful, good purchase.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

This is a slightly weird one: I bought this card for a friend I was supposed to be seeing on Sat just gone but didn't. It's been sitting on my desk since and suddenly yesterday I saw Joy in it, in her later, skinny, quiet days and now I am attached to it and have to frame it. I'll get my friend something else. It's so odd to me how it went from quickly chosen card to vessel of unfathomable emotion just by sitting silently on my desk. :love2:
IMG_20221115_094946.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rosa

Post by Rosa »

That's a gorgeous vase.

Goat! I bought the framed print of that from the RA, for the same reason. I'm really not an animal print person, but I was so drawn to it. It lives in a little space in my hallway (the narrow bit, so not the best photo). Get it framed!
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

I love all the things but the cat print pulls at my heartstrings :love:
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Oh wow! :love2: I tend to avoid cat things about the house as there are plenty enough actual cats/hair and cat things as well make me look mad, but like you, this is different. It looks lovely there.
FiveO'Clock

Post by FiveO'Clock »

I love that print and I don't even have a cat.

Also love the vase, it's very pretty!
Demelza

Post by Demelza »

I love that picture – I had a postcard of it on my wall all the way through uni, and funnily enough I found it in a box at the weekend. It looks lovely framed, so I think I'll get it back up on a wall again.