Ideal Homes- Show Us Your New Purchases!

Luna

Re: Ideal Homes- Show Us Your New Purchases!

Post by Luna »

I love that cat print. I may need to buy it as it is very Willow-esque :cry:
Lola

Post by Lola »

That cat picture is purrfect :love:
rosy

Post by rosy »

That vase is beautiful, Absley, as is the cat print, Goat.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

Both the vase and the print are lovely.
absley

Post by absley »

Mountain Goat wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:51 am This is a slightly weird one: I bought this card for a friend I was supposed to be seeing on Sat just gone but didn't. It's been sitting on my desk since and suddenly yesterday I saw Joy in it, in her later, skinny, quiet days and now I am attached to it and have to frame it. I'll get my friend something else. It's so odd to me how it went from quickly chosen card to vessel of unfathomable emotion just by sitting silently on my desk. :love2:
Oh Goat. :hug: I love that several turtles have the same card.

Thank you for being kind about my vase - I learnt today it has scratched the table like crazy, so I need to make it a velvet bottom covering (or similar), but I do love and can't wait to use it.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

That's annoying but easily rectified by the sound of it.

I had no idea this card/print was so well known, I just picked it up by chance the other day in an effort to avoid age/booze joke cards. :love2: It captures very well the cat mood of "I want to be close to you but I also need to you be aware that I am unhappy with your recent behaviour so will turn my back", as well as that fiercely opinionated/tiny and vulnerable combination. :cry:
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

That is annoying about your vase, abs; but as you say, you should be able to get it sorted easily enough.

I need to talk about wall art (well, I need advice, really) but will start a separate thread.
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

The cat picture is so sweet.
Livilla

Post by Livilla »

Oh wow, I love the official Turtle cat card!

I’m also loving the fact that Black Friday has come around right when I need to buy things to finish off our renovations. Our bathroom tiles were 25% off and I also just bought this rug, that I’ve been eying up for probably 2 years now - it’s 40% off. Of course now I’m in a bit of a “what else can I buy?” mood, which kind of defeats the purpose of the saving, but never mind. :))
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

Such a cute cat picture.

I bought these bowls to add to my Christmassy collection.
Cosmopolitan

Post by Cosmopolitan »

That's a lovely rug Liv but you are brave given you have 2 boys and a dog! I'm excited to see your finished renos too!
Livilla

Post by Livilla »

Cos, I carefully weighed up the distance from the garden doors (and so muddy paw prints) and the likelihood of my “no food in the tv watching area” rule being followed, plus checked I can scotchguard it, and decided to take the risk. The worst case scenario is I swap it with the rug that is currently in our conservatory, which is more robust. :))

Not long to go on the renovations now either! The decorators are starting next week, the kitchen worktop templaters are coming on Tuesday - we’re nearly there :bel:
Cosmopolitan

Post by Cosmopolitan »

I love your risk analysis. Also, my sister has had an excellent plan with her dog/door situation - she's bought a medium shaggy rug just by the door, and then when Larry comes in, he's forced to spin 3 times (for a treat) and that dries his feet off.
Livilla

Post by Livilla »

Oooh, totally stealing that idea! We’ve just been teaching Kiwi to jingle a string of bells hanging from the door handle of an external door to let us know that she wants to go out to the garden, and she picked that up in no time, so she’ll definitely go for spinning :))
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

I only seem to want to buy green things at the moment, I’ve coveted this washable quilt for ages and they finally had a good discount for Black Friday!

I’ve got a blue/ecru pyjama stripe duvet and rectangular pillows plus sage green square pillows so hope it will look good as a colour combination.
Cosmopolitan

Post by Cosmopolitan »

That's really lovely. I also got the green memo and bought these green chairs. Which Mr Cos put together last night and I haven't even sat in and..
Cosmopolitan

Post by Cosmopolitan »

That's really lovely. I also got the green memo and bought these green chairs. Which Mr Cos put together last night and I haven't even sat in and..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
FiveO'Clock

Post by FiveO'Clock »

That's a lovely green, Emma.

I love the chairs & cat, Cos!

The lamps for our nightstands finally went on sale, so they're on their way to us.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Those are classsic nightstand lights, 5!

Forest green is just so lovely! I would worry about upholstered chairs - I would blame the kids but I’m just as bad! But I remember a three month apt we stayed in that had a velvet sofa and it was very forgiving!
Last edited by emma_p on Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Little My

Post by Little My »

As long as there is no scratching, you are probably good?! I am loving that shade of green right now too, although have only bought it in clothing items so far.

Great lamps, Five!

That cat card.. :love: