Ideal Homes- Show Us Your New Purchases!

sally maclennane

Re: Ideal Homes- Show Us Your New Purchases!

Post by sally maclennane »

emma_p wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:47 pm Oh love it! S found a lovely one but it’s now out of stock :cry:
Its almost impossible to get anything in the way of garden furniture at the moment!
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

I fancy a fire pit too. :love:

I got in very early (February :lol: ) with buying garden furniture this year after having only very old rickety hand-me-downs for the whole of my first summer here.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

sally maclennane wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:39 pm
emma_p wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:47 pm Oh love it! S found a lovely one but it’s now out of stock :cry:
Its almost impossible to get anything in the way of garden furniture at the moment!
What's annoying is that is was in stock until this Tuesday when Heals did 15% off garden furniture and then it promptly sold out.
happyhighlandcoo

Post by happyhighlandcoo »

Very lovely fire bowl. I really love the colour and it saves going through the process of going from black to rusty which ours is currently doing. I like how ours looks but the in between stage has been less fun :))
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I’m not sure if it does come pre-rusted looking at the other photos. Essentially I’ve paid £85 for a big metal bowl with legs. :lol: It’s also funny because I’ve fancied a chiminea for years, but C would never agree and used to cite child safety concerns, so a big bowl of fire seems slightly reckless of him.
Beena

Post by Beena »

Perhaps he was traumatized by Hansel and Gretel as a child, Pip. How is he around gingerbread?

We bought this watercolour recently. It was in the window of a frame makers and the chap was working in the store so we knocked on.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Oh that’s so beautiful and delicate Beena! Really love it.
Little My

Post by Little My »

That's so pretty, Beena.

Worth every penny, Pip! I have two fire pits in my garden, and use both of them a lot.
Beena

Post by Beena »

It was the front page of a portfolio by a botanical artist, by all accounts. There's a bit of damage and water marking, but it oddly adds to it.

I would love a fire pit.
Toast
Delboy

Post by Toast »

That's so pretty, Beena. Can we see it in situ some time please?

Did your fire pit arrive, PipPop?

I spotted a discount on the black, shallow Le Creuset so snapped it up. And a Cuisinart mini chopper fell into my bag at the same time. I've not used the LC yet but the chopper is so good!
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

It’s coming tomorrow!
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

I just ordered the fire pit I wanted too! It seemed like a bit of a punishment, having people over in the early evening on Easter Sunday :)) It won’t be delivered until May but it’ll still be nippy in the evening then, I’m sure.
AAF3D5A3-E561-4553-9E71-6179E217108C.jpeg
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

I think it has to be pretty scorchio for a firepit to be unwanted of an evening!
Little My

Post by Little My »

Indeed!

Get the s'mores fixings, Pip!
Epponnee Rae

Post by Epponnee Rae »

That’s lovely e_p! And I like Pip’s one too, it’s like Corten material? Very industrial chic.

My fermob table arrived today! So glad I went with this colour as I think it looks v nice! Apologies for the lack of styling but it was taken immediately after being ripped from the packaging and fairly unceremoniously plonked outside :))
DB867875-9967-41CF-8393-5E40B9DCBC5D.jpeg
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

Omg Epp, is that your new view? That is beautiful! The table looks great with the chairs. I was looking at a bright Fermob table as my backyard is quite grey and drab.
Malan
Epponnee Rae

Post by Epponnee Rae »

Early doors for you, Marth! And thank you :) Yes, that’s the new view :love: Well, that’s one direction, southwestwards out to sea. We can also see a bit up the ship canal in the other direction, which is less dramatic and feels a bit more like living on a lake with the houses all around as it’s quite wide. We are right at the point where the ship canal (which connects to a fresh water lake in the middle of the city via some locks just down the road) meets the sea (or the Sound, here). It’s truly amazing. I wasn’t joking when I said it’s a unicorn of an apartment!

Get the table!! They have some fantastic colours. The table I had before was basically a knock off fermob, and I can tell now just how much less sturdy it was. It’s quite hefty for a small table. This is the 24 inch bistro which would do three for drinks and snacks. But if you want more people round it as a dining table (and you have the space) I’d go for the larger size up or a square one.
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

Epponnee Rae wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:51 am Early doors for you, Marth! And thank you :) Yes, that’s the new view :love: Well, that’s one direction, southwestwards out to sea. We can also see a bit up the ship canal in the other direction, which is less dramatic and feels a bit more like living on a lake with the houses all around as it’s quite wide. We are right at the point where the ship canal (which connects to a fresh water lake in the middle of the city via some locks just down the road) meets the sea (or the Sound, here). It’s truly amazing. I wasn’t joking when I said it’s a unicorn of an apartment!

Get the table!! They have some fantastic colours. The table I had before was basically a knock off fermob, and I can tell now just how much less sturdy it was. It’s quite hefty for a small table. This is the 24 inch bistro which would do three for drinks and snacks. But if you want more people round it as a dining table (and you have the space) I’d go for the larger size up or a square one.
Such a lovely view! I can't quite get over it :lol: I'm actually looking at their smaller side tables. Given the size of the yard and the fact that it doesn't get loads of sun, the chairs need to move with sun, and a table sort of casts shade. So I'm thinking of two side tables against the walls.
Malan
Pootle
Topaz Titanium

Post by Pootle »

That is the most amazing view, Epp, and the table looks great. What a place to sit with a drink :love2:
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

That’s beautiful, Epp! Can you swim there in warm weather, or do the ships kind of prevent that?