House Buying Is More Stressful Than Divorce, Death or Bankruptcy

bramblerose

Re: House Buying Is More Stressful Than Divorce, Death or Bankruptcy

Post by bramblerose »

Finally, we have exchanged on the old house. Completion is Friday.

Honestly, my solicitors are not the best but our buyer's solictor has been the absolute pits. He has had the money since Friday and has not returned any of my solicitor or the estate agent's calls. Our buyer spoke to the agent this morning and all he wanted to know was could he pick the keys up on Friday. Our poor agent had to explain that no, he couldn't unless exchange happened, preferably today, with completition happening on Friday :ella:

Anyway, it's done and it's a huge relief (tinged with a lot of sadness :cry: )
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

Yay! That must be a relief.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Congratulations Bramble!
rosy

Post by rosy »

Congrats, Bramble!

N and her bf have decided against moving for now; they’ll look again towards the end of the year.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

Congratulations! I felt really sad at leaving my old house at the time but not sad at all now, just relieved.
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

And, we have completed. Still a bit sad but as C said, all our stuff is here and the memories are in our heads.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Princess Morripov

Post by Princess Morripov »

Ah congrats Bramble. I always think it’s a bit of a weird feeling. In the chaos of moving last time I didn’t get to say goodbye to our old house as I was already here with the movers and A finished up tidying and handing keys over and it made me a bit sad but then equally I’d have just walked round getting emosh so probably for the best :lol:
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

How are you getting on with your sales?
Princess Morripov

Post by Princess Morripov »

Nowhere :cry: I am just going for the ostrich approach as I can’t even be arsed anymore. My old house has no interest whatsoever and I’ve slashed £50k off asking. The other keeps having the odd viewing but offensive offers so that’s great :ruby:

I’m starting to wonder whether I should rent the bigger one out, but I’d really prefer not to as the tax implications probably negate any financial relief it might provide, plus risk of trashed house/having to redecorate again to eventually sell it/having to go through another painful eviction process. The mortgages have gone up so much and I have to pay full council tax and utilities on them so it’s costing just under £2.5k a month for them to sit there empty :ruby: they are interest only too so I can’t even reason that I’m chipping away at the mortgages :lol:

Anyway :spoon: it’ll all sort itself at some point. :lol: